IGNORED

danger mouse - dark night of the soul

so apparantely this album can't be released due to legal disputes with emi so they are releasing the cd packaging+art with a blank cd to burn your own from leaked versions...could be just marketing but doesn't matter the album so far is really nice but i'm only on song three lol. thought some folks would like it here

tons of collaborators/singers/people here is the track list from wikipedia

1. "Revenge" (featuring The Flaming Lips)[1] – 4:52

2. "Just War" (featuring Gruff Rhys of The Super Furry Animals)[1] – 3:44

3. "Jaykub" (featuring Jason Lytle of Grandaddy)[1] – 3:52

4. "Little Girl" (featuring Julian Casablancas of The Strokes)[1] – 4:33

5. "Angel's Harp" (featuring Black Francis of the Pixies)[1] – 2:57

6. "Pain" (featuring Iggy Pop)[1] – 2:49

7. "Star Eyes (I Can't Catch It)" (featuring David Lynch[1] and James Mercer of The Shins[5]) - 3:10

8. "Everytime I'm With You" (featuring Jason Lytle of Grandaddy)[1] – 3:09

9. "Insane Lullaby" (featuring James Mercer of The Shins)[1] – 3:12

10. "Daddy's Gone" (featuring Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse and Nina Persson of The Cardigans)[1] – 3:09

11. "The Man Who Played God" (featuring Suzanne Vega)[1] – 3:09

12. "Grim Augury" (featuring Vic Chesnutt)[1] - 2:32

13. "Dark Night Of The Soul" (featuring David Lynch[1] and Vic Chesnutt[5]) - 4:38

npr is streaming it http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=104129585

here is official site http://www.dnots.com/

boing boing article i found it from http://www.boingboing.net/2009/05/16/dange...ses-emi-ki.html

this is a nice surprise...never really listened to danger mouse but have been a fan of sparklehorse and a lot of the other people invovled

Guest vodor

i listened to the NPR stream, it was pretty good. i really liked track 1, with wayne coyne. but then i started working so i didn't pay much more attention. but it was nice. actually i remember liking track 7 too. does "featuring david lynch" on the track 7 mean that he sang? cause that thought tickles me. i couldn't really tell.

Does anyone know what the legal disputes were? Is there a lot of sampling on this album or something? It sounds sort of like just regular music to me?

Guest Glass Plate

this sounded like the farthest thing from being interesting to me, I don't think I plan on hearing this ever.

If it's not just super indie vocalist guitar bull shit let me know, but I will still doubt you.

this sounded like the farthest thing from being interesting to me, I don't think I plan on hearing this ever.

If it's not just super indie vocalist guitar bull shit let me know, but I will still doubt you.

dude, this is the best thing EVAR! It is sooooooo not "super indie vocalist guitar bullshit".

I haven't heard it. Not in a hurry to either.

Guest Glass Plate

Lynch 100 page book - gimmik

Dangermouse - gimmik

blank cd - gimmik

tons of bands super fusion - gimmik

sorry.

this shit's a gimmik.

also indie shit.

Guest beatfanatic
Lynch 100 page book - gimmik

Dangermouse - gimmik

blank cd - gimmik

tons of bands super fusion - gimmik

sorry.

this shit's a gimmik.

also indie shit.

good, dont listen to it then.

Guest tibbar

i'm actually surprised at how good david lynch's vocal performances were... we've all known for years that he's a great lyricist, but i was actually really impressed with his delivery on this thing. and his pictures for the book look sexy as hell. nice little chopped up vocal bits on julian casablanca's track. iggy and frank black were good as well. nice flaming lips opener.

This seems to be a very interesting project.... I whish I had the money to buy the book edition....

Marketing plot or not, the blank cdr thing is pretty clever...

Where can we download this little thing ?

This seems to be a very interesting project.... I whish I had the money to buy the book edition....

Marketing plot or not, the blank cdr thing is pretty clever...

Where can we download this little thing ?

i just searched the "dark night of the soul rapidshare" on google

its not really guitarry but whatever i'm not here to push it...i'd say its pretty close to past sparklehorse with different vocals

i don't like the album on the whole but enjoy the tracks with flaming lips, shins, and black francis

Guest Mr Salads

Coolest shit Ive heard all year. I love this. There is an art exhibition with Lynchs work in LA running through June so I am going.

i'm actually surprised at how good david lynch's vocal performances were... we've all known for years that he's a great lyricist, but i was actually really impressed with his delivery on this thing. and his pictures for the book look sexy as hell. nice little chopped up vocal bits on julian casablanca's track. iggy and frank black were good as well. nice flaming lips opener.

Did you hear his songs on Inland Empire? Theyre fucking good man. He definitely has his own style. I wouldnt mind an album with more of it.

Guest tibbar
Coolest shit Ive heard all year. I love this. There is an art exhibition with Lynchs work in LA running through June so I am going.

Did you hear his songs on Inland Empire? Theyre fucking good man. He definitely has his own style. I wouldnt mind an album with more of it.

well, i've heard all the stuff in lynch's movies up through mullholland. his work on that and the blue bob disc (from what ive heard) is pretty awesome. i love lynch's take on blues rock. but yeh, not too familiar with the inland stuff (to be honest, i think thats lynch's worst film after dune)

Guest tibbar
Its not a great film but the music in it is astounding.

oh no doubt... between angelo and lynch himself, the score is always a BIG part of the films

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tibbar

just had to give up a bump for an outstanding record. been listening to this quite a bit lately.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest abracadabra

not so sure if I actually want to listen to this. maybe i'll try to catch the exhibit before it ends.

has anyone heard Lynch's The Air is on Fire?

Guest Romhotep

not so sure if I actually want to listen to this. maybe i'll try to catch the exhibit before it ends.

has anyone heard Lynch's The Air is on Fire?

I've looked at the book on the exhibition, but never heard of any music that goes by that name....

I should probably check this out. I'm a huge Lynch fan and find his work outside of film to be just as astounding. And his excursions into music are included in that statement. Is there anywhere to sample some pages from the book?

Archived