IGNORED

opinions on Xiu Xiu

Guest DOLLA MENU

i think they are pretty cool and they continue to get better with every album. fabulous muscles is my favorite album by them. sometimes i get annoyed by jamie stewart's "crying" voice, but it's mostly a good fit for the type of music that they make.

Guest Helper ET

Ian Curtis Wishlist is one of the greatest songs ever written, and if you dont like it, then i dont think i like you

Really really love them, didn't like the newest album as much as some of the older stuff, but still really enjoyed it.

The Xiu Xiu Larsen stuff and the EP with Grouper is also awesome.

Guest ms-dos

hey, a flim sighting!

i like some of the instrumentation, especially when it's not guitar-driven and the production isn't claustrophobically dense. they can pull off the sloppy-yet-not-amateurish aesthetic fairly well. but the melodramatic vocals wear on me pretty quickly.

i've only heard a couple of their albums, so maybe i'm missing some really good stuff. anything better than fabulous muscles?

I've only heard The Airforce and a few songs from Fabulous Muscles and everything I've heard is FANTASTIC. I like that the vocals and "sloppy-yet-not-amateurish" aesthetic (as ms-dos put it) makes them sound bordering on hilariously rediculous but instead it's heart breaking and beautiful.

Guest Franklin

I really like some of Xiu Xiu. He seems like a pretty honest guy who might seriously just be pretty fucked up which sometimes translates into nicely emotional songs.

Guest pantsonmyhead

i recorded the drums for:

white nerd

black piano

the leash

ches is an amazing drummer, 2 takes tops for anything he does

i really like save me on the air force and muppet face from la foret

if you ever want to make jamie embarassed ask him about "ibopa" (pronounced eye-bow-puh)

the movie or the group named after the movie? i like them both.

i saw the movie when i was younger and i thought it was a pretty screwed up movie. i like the band better.

hey, a flim sighting!

yeah, man. i'm here every now and then, whether i post or not. good to see you.

My friend tried to play me Knife Play and I made her turn it off after a few songs. Talk about role reversal...

Guest petr

i had that xiu xiu t shirt with the slit fist on it

but i lost it

i don't listen to them so much anymore because i'm not as depressed as i used to be

Archived