IGNORED

best frozen pizza?

Fred McGriff

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a thread for Tesco's Finest or Taste The Difference. This is for the simple, homespun rustic charm that can only come from browsing your local newsagents frozen food section with a hangover like a pig has shat in your head.

yea, it kind of made sense when i first saw dr oekter pizzas, in the netherlands. it broke my heart when i returned to england and walked by the frozen pizza section in tescos.

(they've been here a bit longer)

This is not a thread for Tesco's Finest or Taste The Difference. This is for the simple, homespun rustic charm that can only come from browsing your local newsagents frozen food section with a hangover like a pig has shat in your head.

Well you see thats the thing. I'm old enough now that if I know I'm going to be drunk and hungover I'll stock up. I might even cook it before going out and have it ready and cold for when I come back in.

I do still douse it in Encona hot pepper sauce though.

those tesco finest pizzas are fucking spanking. nomnomnom.

they do one with parma ham, prosciutto, salami, chargrilled onion + tomato, and mozarella for about €8

it's a proper pizza. it's better than some pizzas i've had from pizzerias. top notch.

but it's not frozen. outside scope of thread.

those make-your-own-pizza stalls where your ten-year-old self would engage in an experiment to see exactly how much shit you could fit on a pizza out of unhygienic containers, and then your dad would weigh it and have a heart attack because this disgusting mess with fucking pasta and noodles and everything on it was going to cost him a tenner - they're a lot less prevalent now than they used to be and actually i think i kinda answered my own implied question there.

but it's not frozen. outside scope of thread.

You can freeze them. And bloody hell 8 euros? I get mine for £3.50, and that's including the big meaty ones.

Waitrose do an equivalent, and they put a little bottle of basil oil in the packaging, kind of like a grown up version of a toy in your cereal. What a load of pretentious wank, but they taste nice.

And the evolutionary niche of those all you can eat pizza places has been filled by atrocious all you can eat 'chinese' buffets which are essentially money laundering fronts.

there's a marvellous all-you-can-eat falafel on harlemmerstraat in amsterdam

falafel is light enough that all-you-can-eat is a less revolting, gluttonous prospect

i mean... try and imagine an all-you-can-eat haggis buffet.

there's a marvellous all-you-can-eat falafel on harlemmerstraat in amsterdam

falafel is light enough that all-you-can-eat is a less revolting, gluttonous prospect

i mean... try and imagine an all-you-can-eat haggis buffet.

Hmm, I've always found falafel balls quite weighty and dense. Maybe I haven't had any of the good shit yet.

Guest idrn

theres an amazing lebanese falaffel stand at shepherds bush where i work, which is quite depressing as i cooked leftover hotdogs today for lunch. the chap addresses you as 'boss' and when you confirm that yes you would indeed like some chilli sauce he nods and says 'of course you do' because he knows that indeed, you like chilli sauce.

I made some pizza dough last night, with a bit of semolina thrown in there. My gf was making stock, so the kitchen was warm from the oven, which made it a perfect place for the yeast to do its thing. I think it's going to come out nicely for Wednesday and Thursday!

:ok:

edito: best two pizzas ever = Uno's deep dish and an italian D.O.C. pizza WOOOOOO

post-partum edit: Look at that spectacular its/it's usage.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Everyone's avatar takes up three quarters of the screen on my phone.

Guest Iain C

Here's a picture of today's Dr. Oetker, this is my third day in a row of Dr. Oetkers. Served with ASDA Cheesy Garlic Pizza Bread and some Curly Fries.

todaysdinner.jpg

Archived