IGNORED

when good shower curtains go bad

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

has anyone ever suffered from this? you know, youll just be chillin there trying to shower and get through the day, and then the shower curtain decides to take it a step further, and bring itself close to you. you beat it off violently, yet all efforts seem useless. you huddle towards the opposite side of the bathtub, trying desperately to avoid it, but you are only fooling yourself. you let the curtain win, and it embraces your surrender and attaches itself to you completely. you become one with the curtain, and prepare your own attachment to oncoming victims

Guest taxman

my grandmother had a shower curtain with little magnets sewn in to the bottom and they stuck to the side of the tub to keep the curtain in place. good old fashioned science

Guest Mr Salads
has anyone ever suffered from this? you know, youll just be chillin there trying to shower and get through the day, and then the shower curtain decides to take it a step further, and bring itself close to you. you beat it off violently, yet all efforts seem useless. you huddle towards the opposite side of the bathtub, trying desperately to avoid it, but you are only fooling yourself. you let the curtain win, and it embraces your surrender and attaches itself to you completely. you become one with the curtain, and prepare your own attachment to oncoming victims

lol I liked this one.

Good job.

Guest Helper ET

sometimes shower curtains come with little magnets inside of them. this is a pretty good idea

my interest is in the science behind why the shower curtain is drawn towards you, and how it can be eliminated

i used to think it was because of air pressure, from underneath the door and the bathroom fan air, but the concept of static electricity was introduced to me and now this seems to be the dominant theory of the misbehaving shower curtain

genuine lol

Get a new shower curtain man, Once you've taken it to that level it will just be awkward if you try to pretend what happened didn't happen.

Guest Helper ET
surface tension and the use of water as a temporary adhesive between the curtain and your skin

this makes no sense. you can place your hand or thigh near the curtain and it will attract itself to you. this has nothing to do with surface tension, as this adhesiveness you describe cant exist unless there is a bond created which only exists when two surfaces are so close that the eyes see no separation, let alone a 5-10 cm separation between my body and the curtain, which is usually the case

Get a new shower curtain man, Once you've taken it to that level it will just be awkward if you try to pretend what happened didn't happen.

how can a new shower curtain solve this problem? does an old shower curtain build an electric energy which cant be eliminated? does a new shower curtain lack this problem? wont a new curtain eventually develop this problem?

Guest thanksomuch

i hve a very narrow shower, that is just a shower, no tub, and there is a window IN the shower, so both the shower curtain and the window's shower curtain creep up on me.

it's worse when any of my windows are open. D:

Guest Coalbucket PI

yeah this used to happen to me in my old house, really annoying. my new house doesnt have a shower curtain, there is just a weird bath with a little ledge in it and I have to sit on the ledge and shower myself by holding the shower head above me and try not to spray water all over the floor

Guest taxman
how to eliminate?

dryer sheets

maybe the hot water from the shower is causing the air inside the shower to rise and the new colder air that gets sucked in to replace it has to push the curtain towards you to get in. try turning the temperature down and see if it leaves you alone.

Archived