IGNORED

science/idm/geek tattoos

keltoi

i have an f-clef above my left hip. does this make me a hipster or idm? is it idm if i tell you my roommate did it after we had a bottle of scotch and googled for diy tattoos?

you can tell its diy when you call it an F clef.

i was on face book earlier and some girl has a new tattoo, a treble clef on one wrist and a bass clef on the other, and another girl commented 'what are they babe'and she replied 'lol they are musical notes babe, i got them to show how into music i am' which i found kinda funny.

Guest Iain C

One of my housemates has a treble cleff on her collarbone, it looks alright actually. I definitely think tattoos should be small and monochrome.

well there are no notation lines, just the symbol, so it is an f-clef i guess. correct me if i'm wrong, non-native..

someone once got me a ring for christmas with a g-clef and some random notes on it... "because i know you're into music making and stuff". also it's easily the single most disgusting piece of jewellery i've ever seen and as soon as i find it in the shambles of my room it will go to the pawn shop.

edit: that thing in stoppit's post looks absolutely ridiculous, i bet the back belongs to some kind of psytrance moron. also, since when do lens microscopes fire lasers?

Guest theSun

i've got all 8 planets on my body spaced to scale on 2 different scales, one for the size of the planets and another for the distance from the center. i guess i'm a geek

Guest Mr Salads

I dont get tattoos. They are supposed to be self expression. Except that it isn't. It's someone else expressing their art onto your body. Lol. If you DIY - then I suppose an argument can be made.

I dont get tattoos. They are supposed to be self expression. Except that it isn't. It's someone else expressing their art onto your body. Lol. If you DIY - then I suppose an argument can be made.

People usually choose their tattoos. Most of the people I know who have them designed the image themselves or found an image that they liked. Plus most people can't draw.

Guest theSun

those are pretty cool. does anyone know the proper name of the "pictures" of collided protons? or a gallery of them?

i was on face book earlier and some girl has a new tattoo, a treble clef on one wrist and a bass clef on the other, and another girl commented 'what are they babe'and she replied 'lol they are musical notes babe, i got them to show how into music i am' which i found kinda funny.

i have a bass clef on my left wrist, and a treble clef on my right.

i am aware that they are not musical notes though.

Guest Aces

I thought that some of the tattoos there were really nice. a lot better than the run of the mill crap I see around where I live anyway.

Guest weed

i agree ^ your pixelated mushroom and mega man tattoos are pretty much the best things ive ever seen

People usually choose their tattoos. Most of the people I know who have them designed the image themselves or found an image that they liked. Plus most people can't draw.

true but .. for the fickle such as myself .. why have one design you are committed to ... plus i do feel the whole personal self expression argument is trumped by the idea that some else designs these things .. but i guess that argument could range out through every medium .. so i'll drop it in favour of the .. why live with one image deal ...

unless you wanted to say .. that rather than using the usual juvenile idea that it looks cool .. which definitely fades as wisdom and miles are put on your body ... it could be espoused that the image is part of ones personal identity almost part of a worshipful personal temple one is building .. and seeing this in the mirror reflects more than just the moment but links one with the greater whole that is yourself .. and the grand reasoning behind the artwork you commissioned on your person ...

so your body becomes a shrine through the interlinking between your soul and these surface edifices ...

---

hehwotefvr

Guest JohnTqs

haha

Archived