IGNORED

Official E3 Expo Thread

Squee

Good advertisement. It's gotten everyone excited at all of the game forums I go to, but I doubt it's anything special. It's 5 minutes for Christ's sake. If it is something good then my money is on Duke Nukem Forever.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Microsoft Starting E3 Presser Five Minutes Early "Xbox just moved up its briefing start to 10:25 am tomorrow due to a very special last-minute surprise":

http://kotaku.com/5273705/microsoft-starti...e-minutes-early

what could that be?

I mean, its probably going to be songsmith or something.

Guest tv_party

I'd be stoked if they're putting out portal 2, but another HL would make me pretty happy too, though the latest ones have felt a bit like they're on rails as opposed to my sp fps gold standard, the first far cry.

so no touch screen and no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

I think touch screens are a gimmick when it comes to gaming - look at how many crap iPhone games there are, and how hard they are (typically) to control. Dropping the UMD drive is the best thing (although a bit late) Sony's done for the PSP - portable gaming should be portable, not having to carry around a bag with little cartridges or UMD discs. Dollars to doughnuts all the UMD PSP games will eventually be available for download, and while unlikely, they could offer vouchers for games already purchased (although Sony's argument could be that you already have a PSP, so you can still play it, just not on the Go).

That new PSP looks ugly, i'm really disappointed with the design.

Sony should have made it look like this:

zdmxnjfiyjrlndu0mjm3mzdmn2vhzgnlyzm3ztkz

Agreed. That mockup, while possibly not practical in terms of ergonomics, was very nice, and with DUAL analogue sticks.

That looks like it would be horrible to hold.

Yeah, being square might be harder to hold - although the DS isn't too bad...

no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

Well considering that a large portion of happy psp users have been downloading games onto their hacked systems for years, I don't think that its THAT much of a hassle.

It is however going to be hard to get parents to buy their kids the latest " game download" for Christmas.

Don't be surprised if there are game "vouchers" you can buy for it at the same time, or it doesn't come pre-loaded with either games already, or vouchers included in the package. I think the fact you DON'T have to buy software for it (physically) is a benefit, myself. Patapon 2 is the first UMD/download release, and you can buy the game in stores, which is basically an empty box with a download code to get it off PSN.

no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

Well considering that a large portion of happy psp users have been downloading games onto their hacked systems for years, I don't think that its THAT much of a hassle.

It is however going to be hard to get parents to buy their kids the latest " game download" for Christmas.

hell yeah i was talking about this with my friend last night, xmas will be sony's nightmare. mom goes into walmart to buy timmy a psp, she sees the psp go is the newest and probably the one hyped in the weekly ad. she proceeds to buy several psp games for timmy to play when he opens it on jesus day. timmy opens game system and games, then family realizes no place to put games in system. mom goes back to walmart angry (with several thousand others) to return everything, except the games are now opened and non-returnable. to avoid this they are going to have to post signs saying "psp go is not compatible with psp games" or something like that. parents see that confusion and say fuck it, he's getting a ds for xmas and move on to the rest of their shopping list. sony just fucked themselves out of the hardcore handheld game market.

If anything, Sony's ensured their survival, and eventual dominance in the handheld game market - unless Nintendo steps up with a beefier handheld, with NO physical media and a robust online store to get games on (the WiiWare and DSi Stores are a good start), Sony will eventually overtake them. Add to this that the PSP Go is rumoured to sell for LESS than a PSP (probably around a DS - 130USD) price point, it will be very appealing. Having no physical media sure hasn't hurt Apple with the iPhone games (quality/controls notwithstanding).

Man that Zune HD is like an Ipod Touch with 3 channels of HD Radio. Where the heck to Microsoft get these genius's to think up such clever new technology?

Wow speaking of Microsoft and new ideas, they are coming out with 2 Halo games in E3 (holy shit). Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach?!?! OMFG

I can't wait to don my yellow and green outfit that matches the old xbox 1 consoles and shoot some more aliens that refer to me as a "big bully" or a "meanie!"

lol at this quote from the top of the gametrailers link ...

Excellent. GT, Gamespot, and G4 are all completely fucked. Looks like I won't be watching after all. How many times does this have to happen before they wake up?!

geh ... now it's xbox only stuff .. missed the blockbuster stuff ..

You only missed Beatles: Rock Band and Final Fantasy, oh, and Modern Warfare 2

there was that skateboard thing .. would have liked to see the video for that .. but whatever ... i'll check it out tommorrow ..... and two beatles were there in person !! ... (scanned the kotaku blog as soon as you put it .. chiz for posting btw) ..

Archived