IGNORED

Official E3 Expo Thread

Squee

Guest countchocula
I am looking forward to Docking: The Game.

For the Wii?

Of course! To fully appreciate Docking: The Game you must have motion control.

Edit: Seriously though I am looking forward to God of war 3, Modern Warfare 2, FF13, The new Kojima project and MAG. MAG has a lot of potential, but there are so many areas where they could make a mistake so only time will tell.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Wii?

Motion Control PLUS!

What I've seen of MAG so far makes me call it FAG - Forgettable Action Game. It's made by the same team that did SOCOM for PS3, and that was alright, but had framerate issues. Games like Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 2, Killzone 2, etc. are much better. I really don't think the idea of 256 players at once is "cool", as unless you get a good squad together that knows what the fuck they are doing, it's just chaos. Much better to play as a "lone wolf" and kill everyone that's not friendly.

I'm hoping, praying for a Strider remake or new entry in the series - and it better not be for the goddamned Wii. I'd love a new Megaman game (not a retro one, although that was very cool) - imagine how good it could be with Ratchet and Clank-quality graphics, or super high quality artwork in the vein of the Japanese artwork, but animated.

It's almost confirmed that the PSP Go! will be shown, with a release before Christmas. The slimmer PS3 won't be shown until TGS, as Sony wants to move as much of the old stock out first before announcing a potentially superior (or more desirable) version. They did the same thing with the PS2 Slim and the PSP Slim.

It's also rumoured that Nintendo might show a new Super Mario game (an actual game, not a spin-off) as Miyamoto-san will not be at E3.

Microsoft is being very quiet, so I wonder if they have some big stuff in store...

Guest catsonearth

yea, crackdown definitely needs a sequel. loved that game.

i haven't been keeping up to date with upcoming releases, so i'm just going to sit back and be surprised (hopefully) by the news.

It's rumored that Valve will announce a new game. Hopefully it's Half-Life 2 ep. 3!

It's been 1½ year since HL2 Episode 2, so I hope that Valve has tossed Episode 3 in the bin and will show HL3 instead. I mean, that's pretty much what they did back in 2003. I don't really think anyone was prepared for HL2 back then. There was a cryptic message in a magazine about it but that was about it.

The only problem about Crackdown was that it only sold around 300.000 copies, but of course that won't prevent them from making a sequel... just saying...

Crackdown sold really well actually (probaly because the Halo 3 beta was inculded with the game at the time). It sold 1.5 million copies.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&...&sort=Total

also really excited to see: Mass Effect 2, Halo 3: ODST, Mafia II, Red Dead Remeption, Modern Warfare 2. nerdgasm on monday!

also really excited to see: Mass Effect 2, Halo 3: ODST, Mafia II, Red Dead Remeption, Modern Warfare 2. nerdgasm on monday!

*peniscry*

Crackdown sold really well actually (probaly because the Halo 3 beta was inculded with the game at the time). It sold 1.5 million copies.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&...&sort=Total

Weird - I heard 300.000 copies in a podcast the other day. Oh well. Nice to see it sold that well because it deserved it, but yeah a lot of copies were probably sold because of the Halo3 beta code

i have high hopes for mafia 2 but the trailers have so far been unimpressive.

Have you seen the gameplay? It looks alright, but it looks really weird the way the car moves...

It's rumored that Valve will announce a new game. Hopefully it's Half-Life 2 ep. 3!

It's been 1½ year since HL2 Episode 2, so I hope that Valve has tossed Episode 3 in the bin and will show HL3 instead. I mean, that's pretty much what they did back in 2003. I don't really think anyone was prepared for HL2 back then. There was a cryptic message in a magazine about it but that was about it.

Maybe, but Valve said that Portal 2 is in development a long time ago. So maybe they are working on something similar to the Orange Box. a collection of HL2 ep 3, Portal 2, a new Counter Strike, or a new IP or something like that. Just a theory :)

Maybe, but Valve said that Portal 2 is in development a long time ago. So maybe they are working on something similar to the Orange Box. a collection of HL2 ep 3, Portal 2, a new Counter Strike, or a new IP or something like that. Just a theory :)

They could steal the whole show if they did something like that.

I just read this

We’re booked for June 2nd in Valve's meeting room, where we expect them to show us Episode 3... Er, no, Portal 2. Or was it L4D2? Valve is still very tight lipped about what they are showcasing, but we can expect lots of "new."

Sounds very promising.

Guest countchocula

For the Wii?

Motion Control PLUS!

post-6094-1243583322_thumb.jpg

Man, Gametrailers TV E3 First was fucking disappointing.

But Bethesda Games is great at creating interesting atmosphere, because their new game, Brink, peaked my interest even though we didn't get to see anything from it except from that tiny teaser.

And what the hell was up with the crowd? Fucking freaks.

zdczywy2zjm4otkxyjfhyzm2zdc5yjuzmtrmmdu3

Oh, and notice how they added extra crowd sound effects. Christ.

Anyway, here's the link for the show.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv...p;sd=1&ch=1

Microsoft Shooting For A 300,000 Player Online Game?

Yeah, you read that right. 300,000 players. A job listing issued by Microsoft's says exactly that, indicating that the game will be for the 360 and that it will be in "real-time".

The job is specifically looking for somebody who is "an experienced server developer to help develop our server architecture. We are building an extremely high performance system to extend console games to the server in new ways; creating a completely new set of web services to support dynamic programming information of games and scheduling data".

The successful applicant and their team will be responsible for "building a backend capable of hosting a 300,000 player game in real-time with real money on the line (anti-cheating, etc)", along with constructing a new "gameplay scheduler" for Xbox Live, which sounds like it would allow players to formally organise playing sessions for this game (and others as well?).

What title could possibly require 300,000 players? Or even hope to attract that many?

New Ratchet looks great.

I still need to finish Quest for Booty! I'm stuck in the caves, and haven't gone back to soldier my way through.

MGS5 - Play as cyborg ninja Raiden.

Ultimate kick ass.

There's rumours that this might be Gray Wolf, but since he's, y'know, dead and all, that might be a problem, unless this takes place BEFORE MGS and the Big Boss we've seen is a younger Boss...

Microsoft Shooting For A 300,000 Player Online Game?

Yeah, you read that right. 300,000 players. A job listing issued by Microsoft's says exactly that, indicating that the game will be for the 360 and that it will be in "real-time".

The job is specifically looking for somebody who is "an experienced server developer to help develop our server architecture. We are building an extremely high performance system to extend console games to the server in new ways; creating a completely new set of web services to support dynamic programming information of games and scheduling data".

The successful applicant and their team will be responsible for "building a backend capable of hosting a 300,000 player game in real-time with real money on the line (anti-cheating, etc)", along with constructing a new "gameplay scheduler" for Xbox Live, which sounds like it would allow players to formally organise playing sessions for this game (and others as well?).

What title could possibly require 300,000 players? Or even hope to attract that many?

An RTS where each soldier is an actual player?

There's rumours that this might be Gray Wolf, but since he's, y'know, dead and all, that might be a problem, unless this takes place BEFORE MGS and the Big Boss we've seen is a younger Boss...

Those are the same guys who think it might be Sunny. GAF really gets carried away. Though the brown eye (lol) does raise questions.

Guest Saskrotch
A new Mega Man would kick ass.

only if inti creates makes it. i'm honestly at the point where i dont believe in capcom's ability to make a decent mega man game.

Archived