IGNORED

Official E3 Expo Thread

Squee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MGS5 - Play as cyborg ninja Raiden.

Ultimate kick ass.

There's rumours that this might be Gray Wolf, but since he's, y'know, dead and all, that might be a problem, unless this takes place BEFORE MGS and the Big Boss we've seen is a younger Boss...

Its been a little while, but in MGS4, didnt homegirl in white leather send Raiden on a side-mission to find Big Boss's shit or something... and that is what made him all kinds of fucked up and robo? Maybe they are just putting that other geezer's face up there for context, or to throw us off... not for main character reference, but rather the goal of the mission.

I cant see them going back to the 70's again, considering MGS3 and the jungle and shit. Seriously... cyborg ninja mayhem. MUST have it.

Guest bitroast

haven't played 4 :( but if you like the metal gear solid series its surprising (At least to me) that you didnt like the third one.

Aaaaaaaalright, things are starting to leak now:

I give you - PSP Go!

504x_PSP_GO_001.bmp.jpg

504x_PSP_GO_002.bmp.jpg

504x_PSP_GO_004.bmp.jpg

504x_PSP_GO_007.bmp.jpg

Here's a video of some Sony guy talking about it

http://kotaku.com/5273208/qore-lets-slip-t...-look-at-psp-go

In the video:

• Grand Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Jak & Daxter and Metal Gear are all either confirmed or mentioned.

• The Go's 16 gigs of flash memory and bluetooth support ("You can also tether it to your cell phone,") are touted.

• In discussing the PSP Go's video-playing capability, it sounds like the rental service through PSN will extend to the PSP Go.

• PSP Go will not replace the PSP-3000; the 3000 will still be kept on the market.

• The PSP Go will arrive this fall.

• It's 43 percent lighter than the PSP-3000

• It has a 3.8-inch screen

---------------------------------------------------

And here's a couple of leaked videos from one of Ubisofts unprotected directories on their site

http://kotaku.com/5273220/sieve+like-ubi-s...sins-creed-vids

Guest Saskrotch

i mean i don't give a shit about sony, i'm boycotting them because of the whole thing with that online games store i cant remember the name of

but i'm lookin at those pictures

they forgot the buttons

Microsoft Zune HD

zunehdlivedemo-1.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/fir...aylist=featured

^The Zune in action

It looks pretty cool. Nice and fluid animations.

I wonder in what kind of way it'll connect with the 360 once it's finally out. I like the fact that it shows video in HD and you can connect it to your tv.

i have high hopes for mafia 2 but the trailers have so far been unimpressive.

Have you seen the gameplay? It looks alright, but it looks really weird the way the car moves...

i just watched them, and im starting to get excited again. Mafia's always had weird driving mechanics, a lot of the cars in the first game couldnt even go past 40mph and handled slowly, but you get used to it.

i have high hopes for mafia 2 but the trailers have so far been unimpressive.

Have you seen the gameplay? It looks alright, but it looks really weird the way the car moves...

i just watched them, and im starting to get excited again. Mafia's always had weird driving mechanics, a lot of the cars in the first game couldnt even go past 40mph and handled slowly, but you get used to it.

Have you seen the new one?

A lot darker than the earlier ones. Lovely.

Nintendo will release Wii Fit Plus, recently trademarked in Japan, and a new Mario game later this year, both for the Wii, according to a report from Japan's regularly reliable Nikkei newspaper.

According to the report, the follow up to the 18 million unit selling Wii Fit will come with online functionality, allowing Wii Fit Plus users to compete with friends and family. We'll presume that means sharing your Wii Fit Plus work out data across the internet, as opposed to being stored locally only.

The Nikkei also makes mention of more accurate measurements in Wii Fit Plus, which could possibly come from the addition of Nintendo's new and similarly named Wii MotionPlus controller accessory.

More vaguely, the Nikkei writes that Nintendo has plans to release a new Mario title by the end of the year. That might not come as a surprise, as Nintendo head honcho Satoru Iwata dropped word at last year's E3 that the Mario and Zelda development teams were hard at work on new Wii games.

Whether that will be a marquee title on par with Super Mario Galaxy or something in which Mario doesn't play a starring role, we'll likely find out on Tuesday when Nintendo holds its E3 press conference.

New Dead Rising 2 trailer

Btw. Dead Rising 2 won't be shown at this year's E3 because the guys at Capcom are afraid of the swine flu. Could be some sort of press stunt.

so no touch screen and no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

Guest Saskrotch
A new Mega Man would kick ass.

only if inti creates makes it. i'm honestly at the point where i dont believe in capcom's ability to make a decent mega man game.

ive been thinking about this a lot and i would LOVE to see inti creates kick off a new series about the elf wars (took place at some point between mega man X and zero). since inti creates is made up of capcom empoyees that formed in 1996, and who i'm PRETTY sure did the first two X games, as 1) X3 which came out around them was created by another company and published through capcom, 2) the gameplay between X and the zero and ZX series are so identical. sorry i spend a LOT of time thinking about this. that means they created the character zero, but left capcom before getting a chance to make him playable (first time was in X3). that would explain the mega man zero series (finally getting able to use your own character after years).

the reason i'd really want to see the elf wars story as a series is because of the events leading to zero, x is completely unplayable. this would be the first chance for inti creates to finally use both X and Zero as playable characters in a series.

That new PSP looks ugly, i'm really disappointed with the design.

Sony should have made it look like this:

zdmxnjfiyjrlndu0mjm3mzdmn2vhzgnlyzm3ztkz

Agreed.

Btw. remember to keep your eyes out for the press conferences.

Microsoft kicks it off tomorrow at 10:30 am PST.

Then at 2 pm (PST) EA announces a whole bunch of sports games (probably a bunch of Wii Motion Plus sports games) and probably a couple of sequels. They’ve made it clear in the past that they intend to turn Mirror's Edge and Dead Space into franchises even though sales were rather disappointing for both games.

And finally at 5 pm (PST) Ubisoft will kick the gamers in the teeth with their exciting lineup. Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rabbids Go Home, Red Steel 2, and a whole bunch of unannounced games. I'm sure there'll be some goodies among them. Also, Jade Raymond will most likely make her appearance on stage... *nerdgasm*

That new PSP looks ugly, i'm really disappointed with the design.

Sony should have made it look like this:

zdmxnjfiyjrlndu0mjm3mzdmn2vhzgnlyzm3ztkzymm.jpg

That looks like it would be horrible to hold.

no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

Well considering that a large portion of happy psp users have been downloading games onto their hacked systems for years, I don't think that its THAT much of a hassle.

It is however going to be hard to get parents to buy their kids the latest " game download" for Christmas.

no UMD drive? Sony's retardation never ceases to amaze me. way to alienate your entire audience and make their PSP game library completely useless!

Well considering that a large portion of happy psp users have been downloading games onto their hacked systems for years, I don't think that its THAT much of a hassle.

It is however going to be hard to get parents to buy their kids the latest " game download" for Christmas.

hell yeah i was talking about this with my friend last night, xmas will be sony's nightmare. mom goes into walmart to buy timmy a psp, she sees the psp go is the newest and probably the one hyped in the weekly ad. she proceeds to buy several psp games for timmy to play when he opens it on jesus day. timmy opens game system and games, then family realizes no place to put games in system. mom goes back to walmart angry (with several thousand others) to return everything, except the games are now opened and non-returnable. to avoid this they are going to have to post signs saying "psp go is not compatible with psp games" or something like that. parents see that confusion and say fuck it, he's getting a ds for xmas and move on to the rest of their shopping list. sony just fucked themselves out of the hardcore handheld game market.

Archived