IGNORED

European Elections

Guest idrn

Guest idrn

not sure how many you choices you get, but its green party all the way with maybe sarah ludford (lib dems). of course ordinarily i'd vote for UKIP but ever since kilroy left they just don't have that sexy factor.

Guest Iain C

Christian Party or Libdem I think.

Probably not Libdem

Well, probably not the Christian Party either but their leader wrote the gay anthem "SO MACHO"...

Guest dial

I'm gonna vote for The Pirate Party. Even thought I'm feeling a bit awkward for doing so. But I'm tired of EU and our government wanna fuck my internets.

Guest Iain C

The sad fact is that a tactical vote for the Christians or some other stupid fringe party might be the best way to keep the fascists out.

Guest Lady kakapo

Spoiling my papers as I have done for every other election. Not a default response, just never any decent candidates for my ward.

Guest idrn
im probably just going top write 'you sicken me' on it.

probably a lot easier than learning anything about the candidates or issues at hand you badass nonconformist you.

probably a lot easier than learning anything about the candidates or issues at hand you badass nonconformist you.

lol

Guest maoam

Declan Ganley, leader of Libertas and multimillionaire bond villain looks like he might just buy his seat in my constituency.

lol

you assume alot.

if i am gonna vote, it's either a leftie or a greenie. i have no clue who are worth a shit. then again, if a smart person gets elected to somewhere they immediately become stupid selfish pricks.

Guest Stoppit
The sad fact is that a tactical vote for the Christians or some other stupid fringe party might be the best way to keep the fascists out.

Surely the best way to keep the fascists out is to vote for one of the major parties...the fringe parties are never going to get very many votes...

The BNP (hopefully) won't do too well, but if a handful of people vote for the christians, and a handful vote for the monster raving loony party (or whatever) then there's always the chance that the BNP will have a slightly larger handful. It seems to me that a tactical vote for a fringe party is a waste, as everyone's votes will be divided among a number of small parties (unless everyone decided to vote for the same fringe party)

Whereas if you vote for one of the major parties, much as it might pain you to do so, they will be much more likely to beat parties like the BNP and UKIP.

Guest Iain C
Conservative yo!

Not again...

Surely the best way to keep the fascists out is to vote for one of the major parties...the fringe parties are never going to get very many votes...

The BNP (hopefully) won't do too well, but if a handful of people vote for the christians, and a handful vote for the monster raving loony party (or whatever) then there's always the chance that the BNP will have a slightly larger handful. It seems to me that a tactical vote for a fringe party is a waste, as everyone's votes will be divided among a number of small parties (unless everyone decided to vote for the same fringe party)

Whereas if you vote for one of the major parties, much as it might pain you to do so, they will be much more likely to beat parties like the BNP and UKIP.

I think there's some arcane electoral process which gives greater weight to minority party votes in the European elections, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Never mind the fact that no-one in their right mind (Dan is not in his right mind) is going to vote for one of the mainstream parties at the moment...

And remember, a vote for the Christians is ironically both a vote against gay rights and for the bloke who wrote the song So Macho.

Guest Stoppit

This is how it works (for anyone that's interested):

It's proportional representation..so in an area, for example South East England, there will be, say 10 seats.

The votes are then counted, and seats are awarded based on a percentage.

So, if the Conservatives get 30% of the vote, they get 3 seats, and if Labour get 20% they get 2 seats, and so on. This means that it is easier for the fringe parties to get seats, because they only have to receive 10% of the vote to get one seat, rather than having to actually win the vote by a majority.

To be honest, it doesn't matter too much who you vote for, as long as you vote. There is a limit to how many people will vote BNP, and as long as enough people turn out, it should be possible to prevent them getting a seat. Just bear in mind that if you vote for the christians, they might actually win...

Couldn't give a shit about it so I'm not voting.

if you have a disposable vote, vote for whoever has the most sensible drug policy.

Do it for me, I can only vote for Canadian politicians, and our political situation has about as much impact as zimbabawe(sp)

Archived