IGNORED

Mew - No More Stories...

I'm surprised these guys are on Sony BMG. They seem like they'd be a smaller "indie label" band. Anyway...

The full title is:

No more stories

Are told today

I'm sorry

They washed away

No more stories

The world is grey

I'm tired

Let's wash away

Okay, this and everything else is not a part of the title, though it should be because that would be awesome.

Here's some info:

http://pitchfork.com/news/35346-new-mew-al...razy-tracklist/

and song:

http://pitchfork.com/forkcast/12926-introd...palace-players/

And if you go to their website there's a bunch of cryptic blog videos.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I really enjoyed their last album. I had meant to get into some of their earlier stuff, but never got around to it. they're actually very close to a guilty pleasure for me. there's no real reason for me not to like them; they just have kind of a corny sound.

the genre is rock.

I think the corny factor's just something to do with the singer sounding very young. The music itself is pretty incredible. They're rock in a sense, but they don't sound much like any other band I can think of. They throw key changes all over the place and harmonize along with it, lots of interesting rhythmic stuff going on... I guess they fall somewhere between pop and prog rock.

• 4 months later...

I quite like the new album. I think I still prefer And the Glass Handed Kites, but over time maybe it will surpass it.

Their style is often categorized as dream pop, but it's definitely pretty progressive as well.

I bought this today cos I head a Mew song years ago (I think it was Comforting Sounds) that I thought was cool, forgot about them till I saw this thread. I only listened to it once, but I thought it was awesome, New Terrain was definitely my favourite.

I like the balance of electronics and rock instrumentation, are most of they're albums like this? I can't really tell from other songs/clips that I listened to. I saw And the Glass Handed Kites (I think....) for really cheap... wonder if I should get that too...

Archived