IGNORED

my friend and i just knocked over a traffic light

Guest JohnTqs

Guest JohnTqs

holy shit

my best friend is back in New England for 2 weeks, visiting the fam and friends. he just came back from Oregon. We were hanging out in the city tonight just walking around because it's like an ArtWalk or something. So at about 9 we're crossing the street and he thinks he sees a camera on a traffic light and i guess wants to check it out, so he jumps on the base of the light and the base sparks blue around his feet and starts to fall on him..we both grabbed it and let it down slowly. at first i thought it was just like rotating or something but i realized that it was coming down. luckily it fell towards the sidewalk and there was no one around. Also lucky that i helped bring it down because it was kind of heavy and might have hurt my friend...when we put it down on the ground we both stared at it for a second, looked at each other and giggled a little

well there was a cop right across the street in a car, but he didn't even see it happen. some lady yelled at him that the streetlight fell down and he throws his arms in the air like "this is just what i fucking need". he pulls up to the sidewalk and gets our names and DOB's and then calls in some more cops. most of them were pretty nice except for one who put my friend in the back of his car. he comes up like "who the fuck did this?" which was pretty funny to me. they took my friend to the station and let me go. he got out in like 30 minutes but he has to go to court in July which really fucks his shit up because he was leaving for Oregon this Tuesday. they told him that this was a felony and might cost up to 5,000 dollars. I feel so bad.

It went by pretty quickly and no one got hurt which is great i guess. i feel really shitty and i'm thinking that i should have taken the blame for it.

i was reading today your rights when a cop questions you in a thread just today on watmm. i knew i had to give my name and DOB and i knew i didn't have to answer any other questions, and i tried not to answer the questions but i felt like a total dick because it was just an accident. oh well

Guest taxman

fuck man he should be suing the city for it's clearly shoddy and unsafe traffic lights. felony my ass

Guest JohnTqs
Where in Oregon?

portland

fuck man he should be suing the city for it's clearly shoddy and unsafe traffic lights. felony my ass

exactly, a 6 year old could've done the exact same thing. his step dad is a lawyer so we'll see how this shit goes.

Guest abusivegeorge

He is going to court? Fuck them cunts, thats fucking dangerous, sue the shit off them.

Guest Space Coyote

Its useless for you to hear it now but this story leaves me with the feeling that you should have left the scene as quickly as possible

reminder.gif

holy shitwell there was a cop right across the street in a car, but he didn't even see it happen.

Right then is when I would have peaced the fuck out.

Obviously I don't know the whole situation but why would you wait around by some extremely expensive broken city property when there is a cop right there and he didn't even see?

Guest JohnTqs
holy shitwell there was a cop right across the street in a car, but he didn't even see it happen.

Right then is when I would have peaced the fuck out.

Obviously I don't know the whole situation but why would you wait around by some extremely expensive broken city property when there is a cop right there and he didn't even see?

it was the ArtWalk that night, there were a ton of people around and a lot of people were staring at us. plus we didn't realize that the cop hadn't seen us. oh and the police station was one block away in one direction, in the other direction there was a ton of people staring at us, and in the last direction was my car two blocks away but we would've had to run right by the cop. it wouldn't have ended well going fugitive style on it.

was expecting more high speed chases, strippers, and drunk driving. but you guys eased the stoplight to its final resting point and breast fed it till the police came.

Next time run... don't sit there starring at it.

actually, next time you should probably move to a different city because I wouldn't want to live any place where that would happen more than once to the same person

holy shit

my best friend is back in New England for 2 weeks, visiting the fam and friends. he just came back from Oregon. We were hanging out in the city tonight just walking around because it's like an ArtWalk or something. So at about 9 we're crossing the street and he thinks he sees a camera on a traffic light and i guess wants to check it out, so he jumps on the base of the light and the base sparks blue around his feet and starts to fall on him..we both grabbed it and let it down slowly. at first i thought it was just like rotating or something but i realized that it was coming down. luckily it fell towards the sidewalk and there was no one around. Also lucky that i helped bring it down because it was kind of heavy and might have hurt my friend...when we put it down on the ground we both stared at it for a second, looked at each other and giggled a little

well there was a cop right across the street in a car, but he didn't even see it happen. some lady yelled at him that the streetlight fell down and he throws his arms in the air like "this is just what i fucking need". he pulls up to the sidewalk and gets our names and DOB's and then calls in some more cops. most of them were pretty nice except for one who put my friend in the back of his car. he comes up like "who the fuck did this?" which was pretty funny to me. they took my friend to the station and let me go. he got out in like 30 minutes but he has to go to court in July which really fucks his shit up because he was leaving for Oregon this Tuesday. they told him that this was a felony and might cost up to 5,000 dollars. I feel so bad.

It went by pretty quickly and no one got hurt which is great i guess. i feel really shitty and i'm thinking that i should have taken the blame for it.

i was reading today your rights when a cop questions you in a thread just today on watmm. i knew i had to give my name and DOB and i knew i didn't have to answer any other questions, and i tried not to answer the questions but i felt like a total dick because it was just an accident. oh well

Is this an ordinary, run-of-the-mill streetlight?  Like the kind that don't come down unless somebody hits it with a large vehicle?  Why would something like that just fall over when somebody tries to climb it?

Also, at least in the state of Washington, you can submit a personal statement online in lieu of appearance in court.  Why doesn't your friend just go home and do that?

Archived