IGNORED

Fieldtriqp Elk Beach - Mrs Jynx cover version

Guest Mrs Jynx

Guest Mrs Jynx

I asked Fieldtriqp if i could do a version of his track Elk Beach - my favourite of his. He foolinshly agreed and the result is below - didn't really end up changing all that much as i love the original. But anyhow -

Jynx's Elk Beach

Quality Ms Jynx!!

Your too good at melodic interplay. Havent heard the original so can't compare it. I like the fact you dont choose the obvious chord I probably would have from note to note, gives it a flair and purposeful randomness that is clever and engaging.

Cheers.

hoolllllyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiit

this is fantastic.

i love it for so many reasons. good work.

i think a fieldtriqp remix album is in order... somehow.. in some way... could be fun

A remix contest perhaps? :smile:

EDIT:

Nearly forgot to mention your remix...

This is really warm and cuddly. Mmm...it just keeps on developing - nice!

(somehow the original version always reminds me of cameron in ferris buellers day off)

this is sheer fucking georgeousness mrs j

the original is one of my all time favourite EKT tracks

this version is also a pure joy to behold

i`d like to shake your hand

now how about a mrs jynx ekt covers ep

i`d like to hear you do forlons_esh interlude

Guest Mrs Jynx
Quality Ms Jynx!!

Your too good at melodic interplay. Havent heard the original so can't compare it. I like the fact you dont choose the obvious chord I probably would have from note to note, gives it a flair and purposeful randomness that is clever and engaging.

Cheers.

Jaffa - the chords are good cause they are all down to Fieldtriqp - they are great - i didn't change much actually - just mucked about with the orchestration, and added a few pad filler chords here and there and an improv melody line near the end. I really enjoyed making it though! :) Listen the original - its just gorgeous.

Luke, Ludd, Sqee - thanks for the comments - glad you like! :)

I grabbed this from your post on the experimedia board last night. This is a beautiful rendition of an already haunting track. A Mrs. Jynx/fieldtriqp split ep would be a wonderful thing someday. It would make sense as well since you both have equally creative ways of conveying beauty through music.

Guest Chimp Logic

Just. Lovely.

Listened to this many times now since the post. Beautiful work.

'nuff said Mrs. J. Thanks for sharing.

Peace

Yeah its essentially the original with Jynxy ingredients/sounds. Yeah I can hear some slightly different notes in it. No offence to Fieldtriqp but ironically this version seems to have a bit more pep than the original had - more bright sounding I would guess. Still a great damn piece! Would have been nice to actually hear you totally transform the original and give it a thoroughly new twist. I know the original well and this is a nice rendition but I wanna hear some new Mrs J. :sad:

I asked Fieldtriqp if i could do a version of his track Elk Beach - my favourite of his. He foolinshly agreed and the result is below - didn't really end up changing all that much as i love the original. But anyhow -

Jynx's Elk Beach

you know i love this version. so flattering that you made something so 'jynx' with this track. your sound and all your originals ive heard are something special.

(somehow the original version always reminds me of cameron in ferris buellers day off)

this is sheer fucking georgeousness mrs j

the original is one of my all time favourite EKT tracks

this version is also a pure joy to behold

i`d like to shake your hand

the ferris comment made me lol. the track sounds a little 'woe is me'/depressed from a certain angle but it was inspired by a good memory. thanks for your compliment, ludd. i saw elk beach made your custom mix cd. thank you:).

Yeah its essentially the original with Jynxy ingredients/sounds. Yeah I can hear some slightly different notes in it. No offence to Fieldtriqp but ironically this version seems to have a bit more pep than the original had - more bright sounding I would guess. Still a great damn piece! Would have been nice to actually hear you totally transform the original and give it a thoroughly new twist. I know the original well and this is a nice rendition but I wanna hear some new Mrs J. :sad:

no offense taken at all, promo. i think your description of mine is acurate. its suspposed to sound meloncholy (like cameron).

when i listen to mrs. jynx's version it makes me feel like im listening to an entirely new song made by her which to me, is the mark of an excellent cover.

another vote for more mrs. jynx in 2006!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest acid burp

i love the original and i absolutely :heart: the jynxy re-do!

mrs jynx gets my vote of any year!

I haven't heard the original, but this is nice. The combination of dark and light tones paints a peculiar picture [in a good way].

Archived