IGNORED

Transfomers: Revenge of the Fallen

BOCfan

yEAH WHY the fuck is it that the TITULAR aspect of this film franchise, TRANSFORMING actually looks like a pile of blurry shit on screen. Twhen they are fighting with eachother it looks cool but the actual parts where they transform into a car or back into robot form look like 200 fps blur explosions. IF there was some skillfull CGI animation going on during those parts it was completely undetectable to the human eye.

I agree with Rubin. I don't understand what people who disliked this were expecting, I went there wanting to see giant robots fights and megan fox and got plenty of both, and actually laughed at some of the jokes. Awesome.

well I for one was not expecting Joe Pesci talking arobots and racist robots with gold teeth. That kind of took it over the edge for me into 'what the fuck are the self aware of how this seems like Carlos Mencia?' i couldn't really understand the movie's purpose. if it was to make one laugh it didn't succeed

yeah that was weird at first but it kinda reminded me of ninja turtles and they made me chuckle a couple of times.

aliens is not even an action movie.

wat?

wat?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think it's intellectualization whatsoever

i think it's quite understandable and fair game to criticize a movie when it induces a fucking migrain with its terribleness.

there is a fine line between an "enjoyable popcorn romp" and "diarrhea"

for instance. i enjoy tom clancy, michael crichton. they write enjoyable popcorn books. harry potter, etc.

enjoying transformers is like enjoying a KNOCKOFF of a goosebumps novel written by a computer that's sole job is to pump out generic books based off of algorithms

so that is why i fucking loathe transformers

it's a movie created by an algorithm, and therefor is diarrhea

I don't know if this happened everywhere but the one thing that was wtf, was a scene where the editing was all over the place, like one second you see good guys runnin the next second they are inside optimus the next they are running again and the next they are inside bumblebee. that was weird was it like that for you too or did theathre guys somehow messed up (how is that pssible anyway).

Guest Mirezzi
you should already know you're going to see a formulaic film. then shut your brain off and enjoy. it isn't that hard really.

One day, I'm hoping GORDO will find the "On" switch! :beer:

I don't know if this happened everywhere but the one thing that was wtf, was a scene where the editing was all over the place, like one second you see good guys runnin the next second they are inside optimus the next they are running again and the next they are inside bumblebee. that was weird was it like that for you too or did theathre guys somehow messed up (how is that pssible anyway).

See, there you go fumbling for the "On" switch again, GORDO. You stop that!

you should already know you're going to see a formulaic film. then shut your brain off and enjoy. it isn't that hard really.

yeah. i don't enjoy formulaic movies.

iron man, star trek

when i saw those i was bewildered that they achieved such high ratings on rotten tomatoes. seems to me that the standards for what makes a good, or a great film have gone down substantially.

i don't suppose there is anything wrong with liking them for what they are, but they seriously cause me physical and mental pain to have to sit through. not to mention the product placement and terrible attitudes that are portrayed in them.

another terrible movie that got good reviews:

roll models

and my brother tells me that the hangover is shit as well.

lol

too obvious

Guest Mr Salads

Im not sure why it has to be fucking bad to be a blockbuster. I thought dark knight was just a pretty good movie in general, and it made the same dough.

bottom line is people just need to get over their fucking nostalgia for this retarded nonsense.

yeah. i don't enjoy formulaic movies.

iron man, star trek

when i saw those i was bewildered that they achieved such high ratings on rotten tomatoes. seems to me that the standards for what makes a good, or a great film have gone down substantially.

i don't suppose there is anything wrong with liking them for what they are, but they seriously cause me physical and mental pain to have to sit through. not to mention the product placement and terrible attitudes that are portrayed in them.

another terrible movie that got good reviews:

roll models

and my brother tells me that the hangover is shit as well.

I also don't get why superhero movies like hulk, ironman, or even batman begins got good reviews these are formulaic as they can get but also kinda boring.

Guest Mirezzi

Role Models was fucking awesome, and one of the best movies of 2008.

I saw Iron Man in NYC at a 1500-seat theater and it was beyond entertaining. My ass was so sweaty from the joy of watching it that I had to be peeled from my seat cushion!

Guest analogue wings
Im not sure why it has to be fucking bad to be a blockbuster. I thought dark knight was just a pretty good movie in general, and it made the same dough.

bottom line is people just need to get over their fucking nostalgia for this retarded nonsense.

"blockbusters" can and have been damn good films

this was vern's point when his review of the first one was met with WAAAH ITS SUMMER DONT EXPECT SHAKESPEARE YOU SNOB

he basically came back with FUCK YOU I DONT EXPECT SHAKESPEARE BUT I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPECT JAWS

if the current trend of people tolerating utter shit continues, in 5 years people like gordo will be paying $20 for a punch in the nose and going FUCK YOU ITS SUMMER I DIDNT EXPECT A BJ

this was vern's point when his review of the first one was met with WAAAH ITS SUMMER DONT EXPECT SHAKESPEARE YOU SNOB

he basically came back with FUCK YOU I DONT EXPECT SHAKESPEARE BUT I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPECT JAWS

if the current trend of people tolerating utter shit continues, in 5 years people like gordo will be paying $20 for a punch in the nose and going FUCK YOU ITS SUMMER I DIDNT EXPECT A BJ

Blockbusters can't be good films, they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. jaws isn't any less shit than transformers. you just happened to being able to enjoy jaws and not being able to enjoy transformers.

Guest Mr Salads

Blockbusters can't be good films, they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. jaws isn't any less shit than transformers. you just happened to being able to enjoy jaws and not being able to enjoy transformers.

You just happened to be a fucking idiot, its totally normal

the world is being ruined by michael bay and gordo

*poop joke*

yeah now you love me

that's a very convincing argument.

Guest Mr Salads
the world is being ruined by michael bay and gordo

*poop joke*

yeah now you love me

that's a very convincing argument.

Your mothers a whore Trebeck

wow this thread really took the gloves off in the last few hours.

Look, either this film is really frickin awesome or its the crappiest movie ever made.

Anything in between is just too complicated for me to get my head round.

Guest analogue wings
I saw this in IMAX with my son Saturday, and I thought it was great - as long as you go in expecting an over the top action movie. This isn't fucking drama, people - it's a visceral tapping into 30-somethings nostalgia everytime a "classic" transformer appears,

Considering they look and act nothing like the cartoon versions, I dont get the nostalgia side of things.

I'm part of the generation that's supposed to be nostalgic about transformers, and yup I used to watch the cartoon and I had a few of the toys, but man I remember joking with my pals back then about how shitty and cheap the cartoon was and how it was blatantly a toy ad. Why would I want to get nostalgic about that?

Archived