IGNORED

Hot weather and Africans

Guest theSun

Guest abusivegeorge
but from an evolutionary standpoint, black people probably have more evolved heat-dissipation methods than white people to compensate

i'd say that's a heavy assumption

working off another assumption; that there have probably been black people for longer than white people, and that crackas are actually the evolutionary offshoot, i'd say it's a pretty safe assumption

i agree with that, but question its relevancy.

i don't understand. the question this thread poses is: do black people get hotter in the sun?

from a purely physics standpoint, yes - paler is more reflective, darker is more absorbtive*

but from an evolutionary standpoint, black people probably have more evolved heat-dissipation methods than white people to compensate

*not an actual word

you seem very defensive about this whole matter, theSun; as if people are lined up waiting to accuse you of being a big racist.

It's Absorptive* with a P, and lol at your last sentence, it does seem that way.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just want to know exactly what their bodies do that makes them dissipate heat faster, as you say they do.

they have a +3 modifier on sweating, and can shoot heatrays from their palms (unfortunately these are only 11deg C warmer than the ambient temperature - this is often used in a manner similar to the airdryers in pub toilets - or sometimes to make toast, but this takes ages).

also +2 resistance to fire magic.

Guest viscosity

actually colored people possess more Melanin, which is compound that gives pigmentation (ie skin, eye, hair color). This helps protect them from the sun by absorbing harmful ultraviolet rays.

can be read about and confirmed via wikipedia (I initially learned this in my Afrikan psychology/study classes)

Guest theSun
i just want to know exactly what their bodies do that makes them dissipate heat faster, as you say they do.

they have a +3 modifier on sweating, and can shoot heatrays from their palms (unfortunately these are only 11deg C warmer than the ambient temperature - this is often used in a manner similar to the airdryers in pub toilets - or sometimes to make toast, but this takes ages).

also +2 resistance to fire magic.

oh thanks

i'd say that's a heavy assumption

working off another assumption; that there have probably been black people for longer than white people, and that crackas are actually the evolutionary offshoot, i'd say it's a pretty safe assumption

i agree with that, but question its relevancy.

i don't understand. the question this thread poses is: do black people get hotter in the sun?

from a purely physics standpoint, yes - paler is more reflective, darker is more absorbtive*

*not an actual word

you seem very defensive about this whole matter, theSun; as if people are lined up waiting to accuse you of being a big racist.

like i said, isn't pigment reflective?

like when women wear black mascara and squint less cause of it

edit: ah, absorbing..

edit 2: that makes sense, reflecting sun rays has fuck all to do with it, it's about absorbing stuff effectively, nice

Different species evolved different ways to cope with overheating. Dogs developed panting to compensate for a lack of sweating. And to compensate for increased body temperatures due to skin pigmentation, blacks developed enormous "heat wicking" phalluses.

Guest abusivegeorge

Are you comparing blacks to dogs? Fuck me this thread is going somewhere.

Edit: Do you eat blacks too?

Guest catsonearth

you guys ever notice how black people aren't actually black? it's pretty crazy, right?

but seriously, black people's skin doesn't get hotter in the sun than white people's skin. most of the heat you feel being absorbed by dark clothing comes from ultraviolet/infrared rays that are well beyond the visible light spectrum. dark skin doesn't absorb any more of that infrared light than lighter skin does because in the infrared spectrum light and dark skin aren't all that far apart in the grand scheme. it might actually absorb less, since the pigment in the skin protects more against ultraviolet rays.

you guys ever notice how black people aren't actually black? it's pretty crazy, right?

the irish (gaelic) word for a brotha is 'fear gorm' (pronounced farr gurrum). the literal translation is 'blue man'.

this is down to two things - the fact that the first black people the celts encountered were probably really black

2199-the-complete-in-a-silent-way-sessions.jpg

{{citation needed}} this is documented, i can't be arsed looking it up. the second that black - 'dubh' (pronounced sorta doov) was associated with death and bad stuff.

edit:

Blue-Man-Group.jpg

fir gorm (firr gurrum, blue men)

i've lain with white women... i've lain with black women... black woman skin is so much silky smooth... i married a mexican woman!

well... besides the sweet sexy time i've had with black women in the past, most if not all black people i've known hate cold weather!

Archived