IGNORED

WATMM Skin Requests and Issues

Joyrex

don't know if this belongs here, but i would like to see the creator of threads along with the last poster, instead of just the last poster when i View New Content

TOTALLY agree with you - the lack of a "view latest post" minilink is also annoying in that view.

Yeah I actually tried that one before with the previous version's templates, but then I grew to start liking the default, maybe that will happen again. The problem with the lo-fi one though is that it doesn't show who started a thread, I think that's a lot more important than who posted in it last.

Too bad those template files suck to edit... Or at least they did when I used them.

I haven't dug into them too extensively yet, but it looks like it might be easier, or might be worse this time - there's around 9-10 stylesheets this time around!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i agree with smaller avatars. we could even have less info underneath. you can click the user and find out about them. i say just avatar and username is enough. make it really minimalist. i turn sigs off so don't care about that.

I'd be happy to offer my css skills and time if needed. change some font sizes, color etc

100x100 max avatar size with 11px username above. on the left

on the right - the post. removed the timestamp, the post #

below remove sigs completely. they ruin the flow. most people fill theirs with shit and turn them off.

so then we have a small bar with reply & report links. could even go on the right.

if a made a custom skin, would you consider it for watmm joyrex? or are you wanting to have a uniform look for everyone?

not sure how i would build it actually. maybe if i save this entire page it'll save all the css and i can tweak locally

edit: nah it just saved 1 css

if a made a custom skin, would you consider it for watmm joyrex? or are you wanting to have a uniform look for everyone?

not sure how i would build it actually. maybe if i save this entire page it'll save all the css and i can tweak locally

Sure, of course - I'm still getting my head around the whole thing, but if you want me to send you the CSS files, let me know.

Styling a board is not that hard.

My main concern with this theme is some of the font sizes and the amount of padding. This is a small stylish stylesheet (I'm still offended you called Firefox the new IE) that makes everything a lot more readable and 'small'. And that's just a 5 minutes quick job.

stylish.txt

Styling a board is not that hard.

My main concern with this theme is some of the font sizes and the amount of padding. This is a small stylish stylesheet (I'm still offended you called Firefox the new IE) that makes everything a lot more readable and 'small'. And that's just a 5 minutes quick job.

Provide me a screenshot with what this looks like so I don't have to apply it - I'd use CSSEdit if I were on my Mac, but I'm at work.

It's more than just a stylesheet change though - and as for readability, I find it's MORE readable than prior versions, even if less content is packed into a standard screen without scrolling.

Watmm needs to work on a moodboard for the colour scheme.

Im feeling brown.

I had been kicking around orange and grey... dunno, though. One of the WATMM site designs I almost went forward with was dark chocolate brown and black, with hints of coffee/tan in it.

Sure, of course - I'm still getting my head around the whole thing, but if you want me to send you the CSS files, let me know.

yeah send please. siirecords@gmail.com.

Guest Etch

Not really feeling the orange and grey vibe.

Brown is better.

I dunno...can't you knock up a couple of themes and throw it to the dogs?

Not really feeling the orange and grey vibe.

Brown is better.

I dunno...can't you knock up a couple of themes and throw it to the dogs?

I suppose so... why is brown always associated with electronic music? That's the one reason I am hesitant on going with brown, but the design I did back then I quite liked a lot...

Guest analogue wings

couple of features i'm hoping are still around, just not "surfaced" in the current skin:

View New Posts - the BEST way to browse wattum - flattens out all those controversial subforums. The new "View New Content" link is kinda the same but not - it's context sensitive, so for example if you're viewing your profile and you click it, you get a list of new users who have joined the sire since you last logged on, and if you're reading a pm, you get a list of "new" pms. just havign one link that would always show you the new posts was awesome and super efficient IMHO

related to that - the view you get when you click View New Content no longer shows the topic starter (handy for avoiding trolls) or the topic subtitle (sometimes the NSFW tag lurks in there...)

otherwise, keep up the good work guys. i'm sure new board version = lots of cool new plugins that will probably outweigh any downsides eventually.

was it a paid upgrade btw?

Image attachments are annoying. You can't right-click/CTRL-click and save any of the images or gifs because it shows up as a flash application-thingie.

Guest Enter a new display name

There is not enough space for the other styles menu when I use "Add Reply" instead of "Fast Reply". Perhaps should it be displayed in several columns?

stylemenu.jpg

I think the pale blue stripes above and below posts should take up less vertical space. Also, the time stamp could be put in the above blue stripe, saving vertical space.

Guest JohnTqs

if you view a new topic under View New Content, don't post, then click View New Content, the topic is not shown (if there were no new posts while you were looking at it). i don't like this, they used to just show up with grayer names.

i would like to be able see how many pages are in a thread

agree with chen, links should open in new tab.

one last thing, it would be great to have the total number of new posts in parentheses or something next to view new content, like we used to have.

Guest Mr Salads

Would love a feature where our most frequented topics are put up on the side instead of the newest ones. I usually just go through the board looking for topics Ive already posted in. so to see ones that are personally our most active would be great

Would love a feature where our most frequented topics are put up on the side instead of the newest ones. I usually just go through the board looking for topics Ive already posted in. so to see ones that are personally our most active would be great

You could track the threads that you are most personally interested in...

Guest Mr Salads

You could track the threads that you are most personally interested in...

I COULD yeah

I think that would be pretty easy, with the watched threads deal on the side.

I don't know if the database would be able to do what you're asking....

Archived