IGNORED

thread for music documentaries

Guest chax

back in youtubes childhood there was a documentary on it called modulations, a 90's idm-ish documentary.

the best thing on it was a segment on the jungle boys like photek and bukem showing off their mad studios, equipment, priceless headphones.. then along comes squarepusher and he's making bacon and eggs while playing a tiny casio keyboard in his bedroom.

• 4 months later...
Guest Deep Fried Everything

has anyone seen a relatively new dub documentary called "Dub Echoes"??

yes, when it showed here in chicago maybe 6 months ago or so? very very good. goes all the way up through dubstep, etc, interviews with kode9 and others in the scene.

wow this thread is back from the dead, probably most of the links don't work hahah

a GREAT documentry i saw at the toronto international film festival was called copyright criminals which is about music copyright, early hip-hop and sampling in the music industry. it is a million times better than rip: a remix manifesto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTvTLCupgw

• 4 weeks later...

back in youtubes childhood there was a documentary on it called modulations, a 90's idm-ish documentary.

the best thing on it was a segment on the jungle boys like photek and bukem showing off their mad studios, equipment, priceless headphones.. then along comes squarepusher and he's making bacon and eggs while playing a tiny casio keyboard in his bedroom.

everyone should watch dig! about the brian jonestown massacre band. every performance they do a fight breaks out, the guy is actually bipolar

lol that's a good documentary. I'm not really into the bands either but i enjoyed it.

Archived