IGNORED

Man Lives Debt Free, Work Free

Joyrex

Guest Iain C

Very interesting (for once)!

I never knew men.style.com ran articles like this. I just use it to look at runway shows. LOL.

Guest 277: 930-933

It's not enough. If you really care, wash the feet of a leper.

81 posts, 81 little works of art.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Attachment to illusion makes you illusion, makes you not real.

i like this guy

Guest 277: 930-933

There's something odd about someone who lives in a cave yet has a blog.

Doesn't participating on the internet make him part of what he tries to avoid?

It begins with a blog but then he thinks 'hey if I get an iPhone I won't have to leave my cave to update my blog' then before you know it he's sitting in a starbucks writing a book about how he used to live.

Shit.

Guest Wall Bird

I saw this title and immediately thought of this film that comes out soon:

[youtubehd]1fITT6rVPds[/youtubehd]

I totally respect both of the people.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm poor. money sucks. i don't like making it, i don't like needing it and i hate sending rent cheques. fuck

best quote from the blog

Tie dyes don't suit me

Guest tv_party

Attachment to illusion makes you illusion, makes you not real.

i like this guy

while some of the other stuff he says is ok, that line is metaphysical fluff.

Guest theSun

the whole "money isn't real" argument is interesting but i think it's kind of silly. your $20 bill may not be useful as a $20 bill, but shit it's a lot easier to carry around money than things that are actually of value to you, like musical equipment and bags of apples.

it's assumed that the money you possess is indicative of the amount of work you've put into the society. of course it's not always like that, paris hilton etc, but that's just how it is. with such a complicated system there's bound to be a large number of people getting off better than they should, and also many people who put in a lot of hard work and get fuck all.

I wish I could find the BBC Music article about the pianist Maria-João Pires. She's an amazing pianist who lives on a farm in Brazil, runs everything there through trade. You can go study with her, but you have to work on the farm. She uses the money she earns from performing concerts to develop the land (she grows olives and makes olive oil). Totally self-sufficient.That's making a difference. (she also calls classical audiences in france and italy philistines, fucking straight up lol).

I had a similar idea to this guy once when I was off my tits on mushrooms after a rave, miles from home with a large inviting forest looming ahead of me. If it wasn't for a fairly sober friend chances are I would still be living there now.

Guest analogue wings

some friends of mine own a property in the country.

none of them has worked in years. they pay the mortgage from their benefit payments.

there was a 60 minutes story on them a few years ago, lots of moral outrage that these people who had been given money from the government to tide them over until they find a job should instead invest said money in property.

cos you know, who wants benefit sucking parasites to think carefully about their finances and plan for the future?

Archived