IGNORED

neil young sub forum petition

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Iain C

I don't hate the Beatles. I like a lot of their songs and you can't deny their influence, but the deification of any artist doesn't sit right with me at all. I'm certainly not a huge fan. Whereas I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Neil Young song ever.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just realized how great the title track is on the beach. its how i feel right now.

all my problems are meaningless

that don't make them go away

i need a crowd of people

i can't face them day to day

On the Beach is a really nice concept album. But Tonight's the Night is even more depressive.

It feels more cohesive for sure. It's like a really fucked up hangover by Neil Young. He's got almost no voice. Anyway Archives II will kick arse, it's his best working period.

first listen of silver & gold. but i know every single song. i don't remember ever owning this album. musical memory is so weird. i have heard this album many times before but have no idea when. must have borrowed it from the library or a friend.

• 3 weeks later...

LUDDikins

i have been obsessively listening to everybody knows this is nowhere lately

particularly cinnamon girl... that one-note solo blows my mind

oh wait that's crazy horse lol

still no buffalo springfield love?

i posted mr soul youtube. not the bs version but.

i hadn't heard (or hadn't known i'd heard) any buffalo springfield so i looked some up. not really what i expected. the band name makes them sound pretty rocking but their kinda 60s pop type shit, what i heard at least. neil didnt write much for them either. maybe 10 tracks total no?

i just heard this:

Neil Young Meets Buffalo Springfield And The Squires (Unreleased Demos 1963 - 1968)

http://zerogsound.blogspot.com/2007/02/neil-young-meets-buffalo-springfield.html

but haven't heard any full buffalo springfield albums yet. turns out i knew a few of their songs though just from being alive

LUDDikins

i have been obsessively listening to everybody knows this is nowhere lately

particularly cinnamon girl... that one-note solo blows my mind

oh wait that's crazy horse lol

your avatar. did mark riley die? or do you just mean he isnt a happy fall guitarist? i've been away and patrick swayze and keith floyd died.

do you know cinnamon girl, cowgirl in the sand, or down by the river?

my 3 favourite songs off everybody knows, my favourite neil album - and when i check wiki he specifically wrote those 3 when he had a 106 deg F fever. neil should get a fever more often.

i'm also very partial to tonight's the night, on the beach, and after the goldrush or live rust from time to time. although i hella overlistened to AtGR when i was 17. i much prefer dirty fucked up electric guitar warrior to the acoustic stuff. his soloing style is as unique as zappas.

i mean he is no longer a happy [fall] guitarist.

he is undoubtedly still a guitarist

he may or may not be happy

but he is definitely not in the fall anymore

i mean he is no longer a happy [fall] guitarist.

he is undoubtedly still a guitarist

he may or may not be happy

but he is definitely not in the fall anymore

these days he an awful radio host. heard his show with factory star (martin bramah, steve & paul hanley) session.

http://www.myspace.com/martinbramah

was a great session but riley is piss poor dj.

Archived