IGNORED

My dad

Guest sala

Ok, so I used to play Day of Defeat (HL mod) for years in clans, competitions etc

Played at the highest level for the game, and had a great time. I was brought up playing Doom, Quake etc thanks to my dad being a gaming enthusiast when he was younger, always had a PC of some sort, Atari when i was really young.

Now my dad is in his mid-50s and he plays Day of Defeat: Source in his office, which is across from my room. He always has the door open, speakers blasting, so all I can hear for hours on end is world war 2 gun fire and the most obscene swearing i've not heard from him since I used to go to football matches with him.

Examples:

"MOVE UP THAT FUCKING MACHINEGUN TO THE RIGHT, WHAT'S THE POINT IN STAYING THERE WE'RE GETTING SLAUGHTERED"

"OH YOU PRICK"

"TWAT!!"

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU JUST SITTING THERE, GET THE FUCKING FLAG"

"BUGGER!"

etc

It's like I'm listening to myself when I was 15/16, it's fucking hilarious, and I'm thinking about hiding a tape recorder in his room one time he's playing. It would be epic.

Ok, so I used to play Day of Defeat (HL mod) for years in clans, competitions etc

Played at the highest level for the game, and had a great time. I was brought up playing Doom, Quake etc thanks to my dad being a gaming enthusiast when he was younger, always had a PC of some sort, Atari when i was really young.

Now my dad is in his mid-50s and he plays Day of Defeat: Source in his office, which is across from my room. He always has the door open, speakers blasting, so all I can hear for hours on end is world war 2 gun fire and the most obscene swearing i've not heard from him since I used to go to football matches with him.

Examples:

"MOVE UP THAT FUCKING MACHINEGUN TO THE RIGHT, WHAT'S THE POINT IN STAYING THERE WE'RE GETTING SLAUGHTERED"

"OH YOU PRICK"

"TWAT!!"

"BUGGER!"

etc

It's like I'm listening to myself when I was 15/16, it's fucking hilarious, and I'm thinking about hiding a tape recorder in his room one time he's playing. It would be epic.

Videotape him and put it on YouTube labeled as one of those "spastic gamers" like that angry German kid...

Guest ezkerraldean
I'm thinking about hiding a tape recorder in his room one time he's playing. It would be epic.

colossal remix potential

Guest Iain C

That's brilliant, I remember when I was a lad I made the mistake of showing my dad how to play the original C&C: Red Alert. I didn't get back on the PC for about six months...

Guest Babar

yeah record your dad abd post in here- ç!

My mother is a hardcore gamer too. She's playing belote (cards), like 5 hours a day. I don't understand what's the point in playing the same card game over and over all day long. This's just taylorism : she says this is the score that keeps her playing. IMO a lot of games, like RPGs, rely on this mechanism : you just want to get to the next level, or the next item. I call this swindling. Games that get you into transe are the best, shooters, rhytm games, etc... i love them because you succeed best when you empty your mind. I'm pretty sure it might exist some buddhist sect using video games in Japan. :sorcerer:

When I used to live by myself I would toss all kinds of abuse at the television. It's sounds well childish, though.

Guest placidburp

I found this like 8 years ago. Some guy recorded his friend playing Counter Strike and remixed it.

Hahahah! Brilliant!

Guest JohnTqs

Examples:

"OH YOU PRICK"

"TWAT!!"

"BUGGER!"

etc

you simply have to record him

years ago, i was posting on some general gaming forum

and there was this one poster who was pretty close to 60, and he called himself: w00ha!

a great fun normal guy tho, but it was a little awkward to have a videogaming grandfather in your midst

My Dad isn't into games at all but he once saw me playing Call of Duty 5 and, like most Dad's, he is into history. A couple of days later I caught him attempting to play it and he was completely clueless with the controls and couldn't seem to maneuvre around a wall. It was one of the most sad but cute things I have ever seen.

Guest Franklin

oh fuck my dad (50yrs old) plays bf2 sometimes and my mom says it almost kills him...she says he's so angry after playing.. and also his face stays red for hours after. my mom and brother (live there with him) say he's yelling and always pissed off. my bro lols all the time b/c my dad has the fingers and skills of a non-gamer just getting pwn'd by people like ward's dad and me. hilarious how upset he gets.. and everybody is "cheating" lol.

Guest FortyTwo

well i think every game has its great players... he gets killed by noobs still though.

Everyone gets killed by noobs.

lol i love threads like this. My dad broke one of my xbox controllers after missing a put for some huge tournament in Tiger Woods golf.

I only hope to continue gaming into my 50's.

Also my dad curses a lot when he plays online poker... he has gone through 3 wooden keyboard stands and a few keyboards.

My dad used to break old joysticks on a weekly basis when i was a kid

It's so funny walking into his office when he's playing on a server and I try to talk to him, he'll get killed, curse then snap at me

it's fucking hilarious. he only plays on a public server where he knows all these other english dudes and cus he plays with his speakers on i can hear the conversations he's having with them all

Guest olson

my dad is only in his 40s but can't play video games to save his life. he tried to get into gta iv and it was just sad to watch. however gta IV is pretty tough since each button has like 9 functions depending on the context haha.

Archived