IGNORED

Fantastic Mr Fox trailer

Guest Mr Salads

Guest Mr Salads

I just watched this, and while it looks interesting, I really don't care for the "all star cast" for the voices - I mean, George Clooney? He's got such a distinctive voice (they all do, really) that when I hear the fox speak, I don't buy into the fact it's the fox's voice - I see George Clooney. I think that might be what most people who see this have a problem with, and hence why they can't look past that and possibly give the film a chance.

Its certainly part of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah what a load of crud ... perhaps .. just perhaps .. the snappy one liners that one encounters peppered throughout the long preview will be enough to help one to forget that it is stylistically lame looking ... perhaps .. in a kids movie sort ov way ... still i won't be itching to watch .. and there's a few intresting horror concepts coming out in the next year (yee notice)

Guest zaphod

doesn't look like a kids movie. it looks like a movie for hipsters stuck in a permanent state of adolescence.

Guest Mr Salads

You mean like Where the Wild Things Are?

Cmon you perpetual haters

lol yeah the font for those posters screams "DAVE EGGARS WROTE THIS"

eek.

Still seeing it though. Hope it's sweet.

Guest Stoppit

Everbody's complaining about the look of it (which I don't mind). What I don't like is that it seems to be an Ocean's Eleven style heist comedy-caper (the presence of George Clooney doesn't help), featuring a crew of 'wacky' overly anthromorphic animals.

I haven't read the book for a long time, but I used to like it a lot as a kid, and I don't remember it being anything like this. I'm sure it had humour in it, but it was quite dark and tense and I'm pretty sure it didn't feature a badger as a demolitions expert.

This just seems like another attempt to appeal to the widest possible audience by including cute animals for the kids, and 'snappy' dialogue with knowing little jokes aimed at the teenagers and adults. It seems to be missing that innocence that a good kids film should have, because it's too busy trying to be clever and probably trying to squeeze in pop-culture references whenever possible (see Shrek).

Bollocks to it.

This just seems like another attempt to appeal to the widest possible audience by including cute animals for the kids, and 'snappy' dialogue with knowing little jokes aimed at the teenagers and adults. It seems to be missing that innocence that a good kids film should have, because it's too busy trying to be clever and probably trying to squeeze in pop-culture references whenever possible (see Shrek).

Yeah cause when I think about your paragraph above, the first director that comes to my mind is Wes Anderson. FFS, learn your cinema.

Jebus.

Guest Stoppit

Yeah cause when I think about your paragraph above, the first director that comes to my mind is Wes Anderson. FFS, learn your cinema.

Jebus.

I realise Wes Anderson is an interesting choice of director, and maybe suggests that the studio are willing to take risks with this film.

However, nothing about the trailer makes me think this is anything other than standardly formulaic Hollywood family entertainment. It reminds me of the trailer for that G-Force thing by Disney with the guinea pigs...

Jebus.

I realise Wes Anderson is an interesting choice of director, and maybe suggests that the studio are willing to take risks with this film.

However, nothing about the trailer makes me think this is anything other than standardly formulaic Hollywood family entertainment. It reminds me of the trailer for that G-Force thing by Disney with the guinea pigs...

lol what? have you seen any wes anderson movies?

Yeah it's that guy's problem if he cannot go above the trailer's possibilities and just go "dude it's a Wes Anderson movie, not shut the fuck up, the trailer might such a little, but it's a goddamn Wes Anderson mvovie bitch"

Again, FFS learn your cinema

Guest Stoppit

Maybe you're right, and this film will be really good. Trailers often misrepresent the films they're advertising, and maybe that's what's happened here. All I can tell from the trailer is that they haven't stayed particularly faithful to the original story, and the animals feel overly anthromorphic to me.

Anyway, I'm off to remake 'Watership Down' now (I'm thinking of getting R. Lee Ermey to play General Woundwort as a comedy drill sergeant)

I pretty much have to agree with Stoppit's assesment of the trailer, and yes, I've seen Rushmore, Royal Tenebaums and Life Aquatic.

Also the whole deal with "based on the book by the author of CATCF" is a huge fucking LOL.

Sorry, I mean by huge fucking LOL that it's fucking ridiculous not to know who Roald Dahl is.

Although I'm sure that Wes Anderson fanbois will quickly remark that it's a tongue-in-cheek poke at movies based on books.

Guest JohnTqs

I would easily say that 95% of the people living on earth do not know who Roald Dahl is.

no way, everyone loves roald dahl

ps anyone heard the frog pocket song titled "roald dahl"? it's great

Archived