IGNORED

I think I just squished a bed bug

Guest abracadabra

Guest Wall Bird

Well, if you think you have em, dont fuck around in getting them identified and removed. If you have a landlord, you should tell them about it so that they will feel compelled to pay for it, since it would drive down the value of their property.

Guest lands end road

What colour was it? I'm assuming red by the "pomegranate seed" bit. I remember seeing quite a few of those at the place I was staying at in Japan. That and cockroaches. I would have to do a thorough inspection everynight before I went to bed.

Guest ms-dos

bedbugs are way scarier than cockroaches. cockroaches just scamper around the place and feed on your garbage. bedbugs suck your ass while you sleep.

get a bunch of these motherfuckers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_hunter

The masked hunter is a predator of small arthropods, including woodlice, lacewings, earwigs,and bedbugs
Because Masked Hunters feed on a wide variety of arthropods they will sometimes be found in homes with bedbug infestations. They can generally be controlled by dealing with the bedbug infestation.

A few weeks ago while I was visiting my mom, my roommate sent me an email saying our house has bedbugs. She said she didn't know who brought them in, but it was clear that she was blaming us because we had just moved in. I had trouble sleeping for a few nights, and I was worried I could have brought them to my mom's house. I came back and it turns out only my roommate's room was infested, I'm not surprised because she's a filthy goth hippie, the bugs probably hitched a ride in her festering dreadlocks. I'm just glad I had the foresight to duct tape the cracks around my bedroom door before I left.

Good luck if you do have them, they are a nightmare. Had them about a year ago, contrary to popular belief it has very little to do with cleanliness, once they are there they can hide anywhere. They usually live in wood rather than your mattress, so you might have to chuck anything made of wood if it gets bad. Surprising that you saw one already, I was getting 5-10 bites a night for about a month before I ever saw one, they hide during the day. The bites hurt like a motherfucker too, more like an extremely itchy bee sting than a mosquito bite, by the end I regularly had about 25 bites on my body at all times. If your bites are in three-in-a-row patterns and very itchy, chances are it's bed bugs.

We had to wash all of our clothes and hire an exterminator for $600. This only bought us about 2 months of peace and a lot of places only have a 1 month guarantee for this reason. Good luck getting your landlord to cover it, most don't (in NY at least). I finally got rid of them myself with a defensive strategy. Getting a plastic mattress cover, buying a metal bed frame and sealing any holes or gaps, and lining the legs of the bed with fly tape and an absurd amount of poison. This way they would get hungry and come to me, dying in the process. After about a month of this I didn't get bites any more and have been bite free for close to a year.

Good luck if you do have them, they are a nightmare. Had them about a year ago, contrary to popular belief it has very little to do with cleanliness, once they are there they can hide anywhere. They usually live in wood rather than your mattress, so you might have to chuck anything made of wood if it gets bad. Surprising that you saw one already, I was getting 5-10 bites a night for about a month before I ever saw one, they hide during the day. The bites hurt like a motherfucker too, more like an extremely itchy bee sting than a mosquito bite, by the end I regularly had about 25 bites on my body at all times. If your bites are in three-in-a-row patterns and very itchy, chances are it's bed bugs.

We had to wash all of our clothes and hire an exterminator for $600. This only bought us about 2 months of peace and a lot of places only have a 1 month guarantee for this reason. Good luck getting your landlord to cover it, most don't (in NY at least). I finally got rid of them myself with a defensive strategy. Getting a plastic mattress cover, buying a metal bed frame and sealing any holes or gaps, and lining the legs of the bed with fly tape and an absurd amount of poison. This way they would get hungry and come to me, dying in the process. After about a month of this I didn't get bites any more and have been bite free for close to a year.

Only about 50% of people react to bed bug bites making it even more difficult to confirm infestation.

And also,

In New York City, landlords are responsible for getting rid of bed bugs in infested buildings and units and they must pay for extermination.

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/bedbugs-emerge-as-new-area-of-housing-law/86658/

Guest abracadabra

This is all good information. It sucks that they can hide in wood since I have crummy hardwood floors and some gaps in between crown moldings and fixtures. I am not sure that what I squished was definitely a bed bug, could've been a small roach. But it was definitely different killing this bug than a roach. It bled, or the blood that it had sucked had popped out on impact. I hear that blood stains are a sign that it may be a bedbug. I have yet to discover any bites on me, I may be in that non-reactive 50%, and I have yet to discover any more bugs. Hopefully this was one creeping little fucker, but I read that females can lay up to 5 eggs a day. :blink:

I'm just glad I had the foresight to duct tape the cracks around my bedroom door before I left.

I might have missed something, but if you didn't know about the bugs, why the fuck did you tape up your doors? I mean, I'm all for neuroses, lord knows I have enough, but what was your motivation here?

This is all good information. It sucks that they can hide in wood since I have crummy hardwood floors and some gaps in between crown moldings and fixtures. I am not sure that what I squished was definitely a bed bug, could've been a small roach. But it was definitely different killing this bug than a roach. It bled, or the blood that it had sucked had popped out on impact. I hear that blood stains are a sign that it may be a bedbug. I have yet to discover any bites on me, I may be in that non-reactive 50%, and I have yet to discover any more bugs. Hopefully this was one creeping little fucker, but I read that females can lay up to 5 eggs a day. :blink:

Make sure to check the seams of your mattress too.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to duct tape the cracks around my bedroom door before I left.

I might have missed something, but if you didn't know about the bugs, why the fuck did you tape up your doors? I mean, I'm all for neuroses, lord knows I have enough, but what was your motivation here?

I saw a house centipede in the downstairs bathroom once, I didn't want any bugs to invade my room while I was gone. Plus, my roommates are filthy and smelly, so I wanted to prevent any unwanted odors from stinking up my room.

Guest Hanratty

next time you find one you should put it in a ziploc bag so you can compare it to pics of bedbugs. also it gives you some proof which maybe makes the landlord more convinced to pay for it.

I had them and it's bad. You have to do all that stuff to your bed. We got a special bedbug cover for the mattress and boxspring. This way they cant get out and will eventually die if they're in there, and so you don't have to buy a new bed. If you isolate the bed at least you can sleep better, though it doesnt mean they wont bite you in the day or try to get in the bed if given the chance.

I am lucky enough not to react to the bites but my wife and baby do react. they seem to like the baby the best which makes them really hard to deal with. We were lucky enough to get rid of them easier then some people. good luck!

Guest zaphod

i once woke up with a house centipede coiled around my balls. probably the most horrifying experience of my life.

i once woke up with a house centipede coiled around my balls. probably the most horrifying experience of my life.

fuck..

How did you get it off? Did it get you off? Did you had morning wood? Made it jacking off your morning wood more exciting in some sort of masochistic way?

Did it bite you? Did anyone had to suck the poison out? Your mom for example?

Tell us.

edit: also, congrats on winning a craption contest on cracked.com dude

http://www.cracked.com/craptions/craption/1300

Guest nene multiple assgasms

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!1

Make sure to check the seams of your mattress too.

I saw a house centipede in the downstairs bathroom once, I didn't want any bugs to invade my room while I was gone. Plus, my roommates are filthy and smelly, so I wanted to prevent any unwanted odors from stinking up my room.

Put a bowl of charcoal (like the kind you buy for fish filters) in your room; it will absorb any odors that might find their way into your room. Great way for getting the smoky smell out of clothes/items that have been in a smoker's home as well.

Guest JohnTqs

that's so fucking metal, you faggot.

Laugh Out Loud

Archived