IGNORED

2562 - Unbalance

Atop

it sounds a little bit too much like Martyn, not enough techno and analog drum sounds. i like how he's being a little more melodic but overall im kind of dissapointed so far. definitely liking how this is probably his darkest work, but i just wish it was a little more rubbery and using less sampled drum sounds

I'm interested. I think the art is a wee bit ugly, but perhaps it will grow on me. I enjoyed the styling of the first release (nice blurry grays on a glossy insert) just as much as the music. Tectonic is the best.

yeah the artwork looks like a 3d rendering ran through the adobe photoshop preset colored pencil filter. the album is growing on me a little bit but still miss the cold techno analog drum sounds of previous 2562. I like how Martyn and him have a very similar sound but still use a distinctly different sound palette, this time it just sounds like he's borrowed all of Martyn's sound stye but is still doing his trademark sequencing.

Pinch is very cool in the real life...

?

Pinch owns Tectonic...the label that 2562 and many other great musicians are on

i realize that. your comment seemed kinda out of place. still does.

Pinch is very cool in the real life...

?

Pinch owns Tectonic...the label that 2562 and many other great musicians are on

i realize that. your comment seemed kinda out of place. still does.

haha, i didn't know Pinch owned Techtonic either, but yes agreed

I'm just name dropping you dumb plebes!

Deadly boring. Just like the first one. Some tracks don't bother to keep a beat; just glooping out sounds like a prostate flexing out so much jizzum. It's a banana republic--the current state of music. Fuck, we need help.

What tracks are you not hearing a beat on?

Y'all are a bunch of crazies (well the haters/downers)... only in to "like a dream" so far and this I already know will be in my top albums of the year. And I think I am enjoying this more then I enjoyed Aerial initially... so if this grows as most of his music does, I think I can see this being my favorite by him easy. There's definitely a lack of punch compared to Aerial, but I think thats all the better honestly. The immense range of sounds he explores on this while also keeping everything relatively blended/mixed together is just awesome. Not to mention everything is sounding more melodic which I like, cause he creates some pretty enjoyable melodies, nothing ever on the bad side. And for some reason I get a "Lukid - Foma" vibe from this too, which couldn't be a better direction for 2562.

Deadly boring. Just like the first one. Some tracks don't bother to keep a beat; just glooping out sounds like a prostate flexing out so much jizzum. It's a banana republic--the current state of music. Fuck, we need help.

HOLY MOTHER LOL

Archived