IGNORED

do you like blue cheese?

Fred McGriff

do you like blue cheese?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. do you like blue cheese?

Here's something to try next time you're in the kitchen, Fred (if making hamburgers):

When you make the mix for the patties, when you get ready to form a patty, take a pat of blue cheese (about the size of a pat of butter, hence why I said pat), and put it in the center and form the patty around it, so it's well-contained inside the patty.

Grill/fry that fucker, and when you bite into it, the gooey melted cheese will be in the center and it is the fucking best - works with almost any cheese, and smoked mozzarella is by far my favourite to do this with.

fuck yeah! the "black & blue burger!"

YES pure awesome ftw!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stilton is best

roquefort a close second

with gorgonzola coming in third

qft, except I haven't been able to get any good stilton recently, it's all been a bit below par.

nationalist hick ^

roquefort is superior

Cheese transcends nations, race, culture and subforums. But...

Stilton. Oozing from the pot. Sweet oatcakes. Homemade chutney.

Guest Enter a new display name

Blue cheese tastes and smells like a rotten toe infection. I don't want any more of this in my stomach, fearing to lose my organs due to the high level of rot and parasites in there.

I have never had blue cheese :(.

first you tell me you've never heard gabriel/bush's 'don't give up' before and now you tell me you've never had blue cheese.

git yerself to tesco tomorrow and buy a wedge of stilton for fuck's sake. preferably whilst listening to 'don't give up' on the phones.

it simply does not compute. have you ever fired off one of your synapses before? go to your local natural grocer immediately, and just tell them, dude, i have never had blue cheese before, and if they dont break you off something i would be surprised. tell them the internets sent you if they balk.

there's a french cheese cart that comes to town four times a year here. funkiest roquefort i've ever had.

whenever it's here i end up spending about fifty quid on cheese. (edit: the roquefort was literally disintegrating, blue dust and oozy gooey rotted milk. fucking amazing, like the movie jailhouse rock re-enacted on my tongue).

i have often had grateful dead fantasies, where i spend the rest of my life following the french cheese cart around ireland.

Guest thanksomuch

blue cheese can be hit or miss, since there are so many veriaties out there. i used to have tow work with a blue cheese at this hotel i worked at that was so foul you had to wear TWO pairs of glives when you handled it and it had it's own special cutting board that we had to BLEACH after each use or it would stiiiiiiiink.

I've never eaten blue cheese before.

Yeah, where's this option?

not having had blue cheese is not an option. period. go git some

it simply does not compute. have you ever fired off one of your synapses before? go to your local natural grocer immediately, and just tell them, dude, i have never had blue cheese before, and if they dont break you off something i would be surprised. tell them the internets sent you if they balk.

There's only one "local natural grocer" I can think of in this entire town, and I don't think they have cheese. It's mostly expensive lotions and perfume, Odwalla and dried herbs.

blue cheese can be hit or miss, since there are so many veriaties out there. i used to have tow work with a blue cheese at this hotel i worked at that was so foul you had to wear TWO pairs of glives when you handled it and it had it's own special cutting board that we had to BLEACH after each use or it would stiiiiiiiink.

i just came

i love it when you talk dirty thanxie

I have never had blue cheese :(.

first you tell me you've never heard gabriel/bush's 'don't give up' before and now you tell me you've never had blue cheese.

git yerself to tesco tomorrow and buy a wedge of stilton for fuck's sake. preferably whilst listening to 'don't give up' on the phones.

can you really get proper stilton at tesco?

in the states, you can get decent cheeses at decent grocers here. proximity i'm sure makes a difference, probably due to cost of shipping. (interesting to note, one of the most expensive cheeses in italy is parmesan) but they're an absolute shitfest joke compared to the proper cheeses you can get at an independent cheese shop. i bought stilton at a Whole Foods once and it was garbage, whereas my local cheese shop brings the motherfuckin ruckuss (sp) day in and day out with quality blue after quality blue of all origin. when i walk in size me up and ask if i want to try any other cheeses before i jump into the blues and i'm like "i'm about to say fuck it" so they scurry about and get a cheese plate prepared with nothing but blue in ascending stankiness order.

blue cheese is fucking synonymous with manna as far as im concerned.

the more it smells like feet or pubic sweat the more its guaranteed to taste good.

PS cheese btw, not everything else.

Guest thanksomuch

i just came

i love it when you talk dirty thanxie

i was a real cunt to the interns and not tell them that they had to wear gloves and their hands would fucking stink for days. one guy told me he actually threw up from the smell.

and also im a huge fan of roquefort, but ive never had the pleasure of supping on stilton, mostly because of the insanely high price.

should i go for the stilton?

also, i love seeing the crusty blue veins, the more mold, the better.

is this true for stilton?

Archived