IGNORED

Large Spiders - And are they a problem in your hood

delet...

Well i will begin this thread by drawing from personal experience, recent experience. As there are many large spiders frequenting my area at this time. Given factors like this recent rains I have found a large huntsman in my laundry/toilet yesterday, and just this evening an huge wolf spider hiding behind my 2nd couch.

oK we say , tis the season, we should be happy for the rise of our arachnid kin, cause with their prevalence comes the demise of all those nasty pestsects in which we'd prefer to deny existence ...

Still though that second spider tonight felt the rath of the fly killer, DOA baby. The first though, I had chased under the washing machine and wonder till now if it is still there. So now i am stuck with an advantageous place to poo. Easy access downstairs for the passing of the brown goo (hehgodforxesaekovfxefreestiel) But the menace of this giant lady more than spiderling.

I have partially solved the problem by not leaving my trousers on the ground should she appear (placing them apon the washing machine lid) ... lest she have a place to hide after ascertaining my massiveness .. but still i scared .... this season is plenty helloween ...

so yue'ol have similar seasonal invertebrate penance to pay in your mutha fucking cuntray .. ??

when i moved from victoria my girlfriend and i were finding upwards of a dozen wolf spiders a day (let's say a day is 8 hours). so it was basically every 45 minutes or so we'd be killing them or chasing them out side. they are not harmful, just creepy as fuck. jsut wanna hang out somewhere warm.

in my new place i've seen about 2 fruitflies in 2 months.

Guest Drahken

About the only spiders we have in our house are daddy long legs. You would think this to be awesome, but your not married to someone with arachnophobia who constantly needs you to smite baby daddy long legs you can't see without a microscope at all hours of the night. Sometimes I wish we had big fuckoff shiny spiders so at the very least I would have a corpse to produce and sooth her fears. Half the time I don't even know if I succeeded in smooshing a spider, or just a piece of dust.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I'm thankful for just having spiders. I'm glad we don't have giant enemy crabs in oregon...

coconut20crab20scampering4s.jpg

coconut-crab.jpg

crab%20on%20tree.jpg

Yes,

I caught this huge thing at school.

cimg0395w.jpg

I tried to feed it a Western Conifer Seed bug but it seems like the spider has given up on life..

cimg0374u.jpg

I'm thankful for just having spiders. I'm glad we don't have giant enemy crabs in oregon...

coconut20crab20scampering4s.jpg

coconut-crab.jpg

crab%20on%20tree.jpg

these things are amazing, they don't live in water. fucking epic, i love them

oh and the spiders i was finding in my place in victoria were big, like an inch and a half to two inches across kinda thing, big fuckers.

but coconut crabs, fuck me, they are awesome.

I know Australia has all these great beaches and nightlife but I want to go only for two reasons: to explore the most biodiverse continent in the world and to see those wicked "x-ray" cave paintings done by the Abo's (is that offensive to say Abo?).

"abo" or "coon", take your pick. Level of offence depends on who you ask

I have one other question that I'm kind of embarrassed about--this goes to all Aussies on the board. I only recently discovered "Waltzing Matilda" and I am struggling with an obsession with it. I know it word for word and even got the "translations." It shows up on multiple mix CD-Rs for the car and my wife gets perturbed--"what is your deal with this song?!!" and I can't explain why; it's like when toddlers get stuck on a song and play it 8 hours a day. So, my question: is it true that that song is a source of pride and is sometimes sung at sporting events? Or is it a really passe and annoying thing for Oz like Paul Hogan or Men At Work?

I think "Waltzing Matilda" is one of the few classic aussie thing I don't absolutely hate; it's good for a drunken laugh

i'm considering moving to british columbia, please tell me there aren't huge insects there. bears i can deal, not huge insects though. fuck.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Only if you count mega mosquitoes and biting flies.

I'd say the most annoying bugs in oregon are moths -- they get as big as hummingbirds sometimes.

ah, yes i went to maine this past summer and holy shit, the coastal mosquitos were unreal. the biting flies around there also didn't seem to be deterred by DEET dripping off my skin.

i'm imagining coastal BC is similar, and i figure if i go there at all i'll only be able to find a real job in vancouver. though i'd ideally like to end up around kamloops.

Archived