IGNORED

Freaky Amimals

Q27

The conjoined-twin soft shell turtle is awesome, especially due to it's nose(s). The Saiga is also cool (one of my favorite guns is named after it).

Man, the ones that freaked me out left me unsettled for a while... :closedeyes:

Guest abusivegeorge

i've eaten most of these live in China

Yeah me too man, you just pop em in your mouth and they dissolve like candyfloss but taste like bacon.

Guest ezkerraldean

i've eaten most of these live in China

Yeah me too man, you just pop em in your mouth and they dissolve like candyfloss but taste like bacon.

no, they taste like chicken.

Blanket Octopus

prev7.jpg

tremoctsilhou1.jpg

The male blanket octopus spends his existence drifting along waiting to meet with a female. If the male meets a female, he fills one of his tentacles with sperm and tears it from his body. He gives this sperm-filled tentacle to the female which she then uses to fertilize her eggs. Afterwards, the female leaves the male, who floats away and dies....the species has evolved an unusual defense mechanism: blanket octopuses are immune to the poisonous Portuguese man o' war, whose tentacles the male and immature females rip off and use for defensive purposes. Also, unlike many other octopuses, the blanket octopus does not use ink to intimidate potential predators, but instead unfurls a large net-like membrane which then spreads out and billows in the water like a cape. This greatly increases the octopus's apparent size, and is what gives the animal its name.

The Japanese Serow (I like to call it the wolf-goat)

wolfgoatserow.jpg

35k61qd.jpg

Mary River Turtles

maryriverturtle.jpg

maryriverturtle2.jpg

Archived