IGNORED

wammixer newcomer award goes to

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

karmakramer, started posting mixes here but a few months ago, has contributed no end to this part of the forum since, with all in my opinion absolutely spanking mixes. Analogue revolver for the fucking win.

Please remember folks, this is a NEWCOMER to the mixing section award.

Please all feel free to put forward a different person if you feel otherwise. Sorry I couldn't make a poll, but I would only have put karma in it anyway. Lol.

WATMMIXER****. Cock.

:blush:

I don't know what to really say other than thanks george and vertical! I know you guys liked my mixes already but this was seriously a nice warming couple of posts to see after a long day today. this week I am doing family stuff for the turkey holidays, but when I get back to my place I'll cook together some new mixes for you fine folks. you guys are the best!

:wub:

also, if you guys have some extra cash lieing around, seriously buy a VCI-100 or another midi turntable and download traktor pro... I only started mixing this year honest, and with everything being digital and whatnot, mixing is becoming quite simple. All it comes down to is playing the music that you love and knowing how to pace stuff. the WATMM mixes section surely could use some more DJ's and I know you guys would mix great stuff cause we all got similar tastes in music. Mixing to me is just fantastic cause you get to listen to your favorite music while also doing something creative.

Cheers again!

Guest abusivegeorge

You're welcome dude, thankyou for giving me loads of excellent mixes to keep me high on my night shifts and in the car, and on my MP3 player while I walk through the woods and the parks and when I can on the beaches!

When I get back into work I am going to invest in an VCI-100 and mix some stuff myself, not only because I know I'll enjoy it, but it's also about time I gave something back here, to you and the rest of watmm.

Happy mixing friend and have an excellent Turkey holiday (lol). Tell your family we like your music!

I like to mix music with Djay (cheap but fairly robust little app for Mac) every now and then at parties; I'm usually pretty good at pacing it with smooth transitions and what not - it's about time I actually got some decent hardware and recorded it! I give myself about a week....

And George - I think it's about time I started giving back a little; lol, my posts are useless

thanks for the heads up about the VCI Kramer, once I've moved into my new place and have some extra I will be purchasing that for sure.

once again: you are excellent

Guest abusivegeorge

You're "ability to see through one eye with both eyes open" post makes up for all your 940 posts. I don't even want to know what the other 939 were.

You're welcome dude, thankyou for giving me loads of excellent mixes to keep me high on my night shifts and in the car, and on my MP3 player while I walk through the woods and the parks and when I can on the beaches!

When I get back into work I am going to invest in an VCI-100 and mix some stuff myself, not only because I know I'll enjoy it, but it's also about time I gave something back here, to you and the rest of watmm.

Happy mixing friend and have an excellent Turkey holiday (lol). Tell your family we like your music!

You both might also want to look at the other Vestax turntable which is a little bit more money, but from what I hear is absolutely fucking amazing to mix with (it also looks like something you would find on the Death Star). I kind of wish I would have saved up a little bit more and gotten it, not cause I am not satisfied with the VCI-100 but because I am the kind of person who just always wants the newest/best tech toy. Heres a pic...

VESTAX-Vci300-2-460-80.jpg

Pretty fucking sexy. And it has an external sound card so you can start cueing/mixing right out of the box and don't have to use a cheap M-audio soundcard which costs waaayy too much money ($250)

Lookin forward to your guys stuff! And keep being awesome you two... WATMM is all I want for a music forum and you guys certainly contribute to why I like it so much :beer:

Guest abusivegeorge

Thanks dude :). I'll be searching the net for these mixers or shopping in London, will have a look around my hometown too. Wonder how much they will be in English pounds, probably around £130 by the looks of it, thats really not bad at all. That does look awesome also.

any other opinons on the vestax vci=-300?

im looking to start learning how to mix, ive got some great ideas, but i cant afford vinyl and popular opinion seems to revolve around not being able to get decent cdj's for the 500 ish mark.

Guest abusivegeorge

lol neither is karmakramer anymore!

He is to the watmmixes this year mate. Bar one thread last year he's only been watmmixing, or posting here at least. for 09.

mixing for me is a personal discovery... its always been weird to imagine someone not enjoying a mix I made cause its always been weird when someone doesn't understand/like the music I like. I obviously understand the concept of subjectivity, and I don't mean to say the music I listen to is the best, but in a way, why would the music I listen to not be the "best" from my perspective...? thats why I'm encouraging you guys to do the same, because its not really about making a mix that everyone on watmm will enjoy, its about creating something and having a fucking fun time doing it. thats what is fulfilling... about the first 5-6 mixes I posted on here didn't get any comments or anything... and I thought about not posting them anymore. But when I noticed sneaksta, atop and others posting damn good mixes on here, and not getting nearly as much attention/comments as I thought they should, I realized it isn't about any one of us... its about the community. its about building a collective of human beings who all understand and enjoy the same thing. that in itself is what is important. the mixes you guys make should be yours to jam to in your bedrooms, blast in car, and smoke yourself silly to... its putting together a college of your favorite things and hearing it all at once in one orgasmic sonic journey.

this thread I appreciate a ton, because outside appreciation does encourage me to stop listening to old mixes and give the community something new, to give this forum more life. but it has absolutely no effect on the type of mixes I create. I wouldn't even know how to create a mix for the people who don't like my mixes. Those that do, it just re-affirms similarities and being able to communicate and talk to those who share the same tastes is a rarity in itself that should be cherished.

my point in all of this rambling is fucking create, invent and do stuff that makes you happy. I can only speak for myself really, but just the effort in doing what you enjoy doing is all that matters.

Guest abusivegeorge

er... the watmmix forum has only been here a few months

You will find however dear sir, that actual "watmmixes" if you go to the last page of the watmmixes section have been posted since July 2007. I am talking about my favourite watmmixer of 09. Which is karmakramer.

Archived