IGNORED

Man Trapped In Coma For 23 Years

Joyrex

if this were true...it'd be so hard to prove it wrong wouldn't it? because the dude wouldn't be able to tell everyone he was being used.

I don't think so...just ask him to describe an object that he can see but his assistant cannot

Yikes. I recently had a pot experience where I got a paralyzing fear of getting trapped inside my mind and not being able to escape. This guy has lived out my biggest nightmare! If that ever happens to me I really hope they pull the plug...

you are constantly trapped inside your head in a way.

Guest Calx Sherbet
The moment it was discovered he was not in a vegetative state, said Houben, it was like being born again. "I'll never forget the day that they discovered me, it was my second birth."

oh my god, i can't even imagine how great that must've felt

Guest inteeliguntdesign

If he can move his hand to communicate now, why couldn't he use it to communicate with anyone during those 23 years?

Guest abusivegeorge

If he can move his hand to communicate now, why couldn't he use it to communicate with anyone during those 23 years?

They just thought he was masturbating in his sleep.

Yikes. I recently had a pot experience where I got a paralyzing fear of getting trapped inside my mind and not being able to escape. This guy has lived out my biggest nightmare! If that ever happens to me I really hope they pull the plug...

you are constantly trapped inside your head in a way.

True, and it's a pretty isolating reality. But it would be infintely worse if you were completely powerless to get that across to anyone else.

so could he like, look around or move his eyes or what? did he just recently regain use of his fingers? this sounds like a terrible terrible way to spend 23 years, but that article is seriously lacking in details.

Archived