IGNORED

went to HMV tonight

YEK

if you don't know what that is it's a large chain music store. anyways they were playing warp20 which was wicked and i was in the store while gantz graf played and i thought it was funny/great. i would have thought to see more confused looks but people kept on shopping. great experience.

Guest bitroast

yeah. hmv always managed to surprise me. could always relie on it for some awesome imported stuff, always had venetian snares in stock. although for normal regular CDs and dvds, it was a bit pricey and pointless.

Guest greenbank

pretty sure this simply means that warp paid them to be on the shop playlist. see also the promotion that got you a free warp comp with purchase of certain warp albums and any time warp cds feature in the racks near the doors (not sure if labels have to pay to be in the new release albums bit but wouldn't be surprised).

Guest Space Coyote

ahh hmv. they closed them all down here because of a shop called jb hi-fi. it has a good range and is cheaper, thus better than HMV.

(in before aussies saying "heartless corporation")

as opposed to the hearty corporations

The one day I went to a HMV whilst I was in Toronto was the week they released the new Nickelback album.

Suffice to say, :facepalm:

oh god. those twats are still around?

supposedly the winter olympics are deciding whether they have nickelback play or celine dion perform....

Archived