IGNORED

College

Guest southside jim

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

Classes started on August 20th this semester. How many breaks did you have over the semester? I see you're in Germany.

This is a confusing, sorry. It’s a little shifted across from the Atlantic.

What we call »Sommersemester«: Mar 15th – Jul 16th

»Wintersemester«: Oct 1st – Feb 12th, with a short break over christmas and new year’s eve

How do you people feel about the Bachelor/Master degrees?

Germany started abandoning the Diplom in favour of BA/MA, which caused a lot of trouble and I heard Americans aren’t too happy with BA/MA either.

Classes started on August 20th this semester. How many breaks did you have over the semester? I see you're in Germany.

This is a confusing, sorry. It’s a little shifted across from the Atlantic.

What we call »Sommersemester«: Mar 15th – Jul 16th

»Wintersemester«: Oct 1st – Feb 12th, with a short break over christmas and new year’s eve

Ah, ok! See our semester started in the fall and we got a few breaks then it ends Dec. 18th for the Christmas/New years season. Our spring semester starts on Jan. 14th and goes til early may, not sure on the exact date. We'll get one break and a few holidays for that semester.

edit: then there is summer break for 3 months! Unless you're taking summer classes like I am...

my other brother was manic depressive from what was approaching a decade of MDMA abuse, but secured a Masters, worked his tits off and is now a neuroscience PHD researcher in Helsinki.

Wow, good for him. I'd love to be working in that sort of position.

I'm currently doing a BSc in Psychology - will then move onto a masters in Psychology within a few years. I have a little bit of flexibility in the work I'm doing for the BSc, I can go down a neuroscience route within the degree itself. There's a few units on brain functions which I'm looking forward to learning about.

I'm doing a masters degree in toxicology. I've never seen so much work, apparently this term (first one) is the worst one but I'm barely staying on top of it. I have some short answer exams next week and a lot of coursework due before christmas. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fuck up one of the exams or one of the essays because I don't have time. Then main exams at the end of January. I'm banking on the three weeks christmas holiday to get myself together.

I'm losing my mind over a metabolism lab report at the moment, got so much data in front of me I can't even remember what any of it means if I look away from the screen for more than a second. I'm trying to use statistics software that I don't understand and this new version of excel is making me want to cut my cock off. FUCK EDUCATION

dude im almost in the exact same boat, different subject. right now im wrapping up the Historical Method course, which apparently is by far the hardest one in the program, by the time im done in a few hours i will have written about a 90 page paper....horrible

Just had my first final...three more next week. Feels weird to be in school with kids half your age...

Got at least an A on my first term paper, so that's good news...it's fun learning again though.

Guest ezkerraldean

4th and final year of Geology (Earth and Planetary Science). this year is almost entirely about Mars lol. pretty banging but fucking hard work and completely different to the last 3 years.

4th and final year of Geology (Earth and Planetary Science). this year is almost entirely about Mars lol. pretty banging but fucking hard work and completely different to the last 3 years.

What were you doing the first three years? Anything to do with climate change?

Guest ezkerraldean

What were you doing the first three years? Anything to do with climate change?

geology, geophysics, stratigraphy, sedimentology, bit of geochemistry, petrogenesis, land surveying, blah blah. did a fair bit of climate stuff with the sedimentology, since rocks tell you what the climate was like innit. but done sod all Global Warming-esque stuff if that's what you mean. that's far too recent to be of interest to a geologist :P

Guest southside jim

Glad to see you're all pursuing an education, gay as that sounds lol.

Took my bionutrients/cofactors final today as well as an OTC product final (I'm a pharmacy major). Got about another year and a half left.

Human Factors Engineering and Fine Arts double major, and minoring in Electrical Engineering.

Jesus christ, that must be a huge workload...

Any specific reason for all that education?

The workload is big but not unmanageable, it sucks that the majority of it is for EE. I knocked out most of the Fine Arts requirements anyway.

I just don't want my tuition to go to waste.

Human Factors Engineering and Fine Arts double major, and minoring in Electrical Engineering.

Ah, that human factors stuff is tres cool. I was in an Industrial/Organizational Psychology Masters program once and we dealt a lot with how human engineering can fight errors and maximize performance in a class called "Occupational Health." Well, now we know that in a few years, you will be constructing "smart tentacles" that are ergonomically engineered to various orifices.

I'm not TSM -_-'

Just had my first final...three more next week. Feels weird to be in school with kids half your age...

Got at least an A on my first term paper, so that's good news...it's fun learning again though.

What are you studying?

shes asian, its natural to overachieve

just finished my final paper for supposedly the hardest class in the grad program.....95 pages in one semester....fucking christ....i cant believe i wrote that much, save for the fact if its any good

Yes..confirmation on at least an A on my Poli Sci term paper. Feel pretty good about the exam.

Yegg: Asian Studies/Poli Sci double. Might minor in either anthro or sociology.

Archived