IGNORED

prisencolinensinainciusol

kaini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUi6UEQh00

In this remarkable and fully rockin' video, an Italian singer performs a rock piece whose lyrics are gibberish intended to sound like English. Entitled "What English Sounds Like to Foreigners," the video is meant to illustrate which English phonemes and syllables carry into the foreign ear, but I tell you what, it sounded like English to me, too, though like English as sung in such a way as to make it hard to decipher.

this is strangely great

a comment on boingboing that i found very interesting was that this was what speech must sound like to someone with aphasia

this seems very true to me, even though i don't have aphasia

someone else said they remember music with lyrics sounding like this when they were a small child

i definitely remember that being the case for me, too

someone else said they remember music with lyrics sounding like this when they were a small child

i definitely remember that being the case for me, too

english always made sense to me, but i did cut my linguistic teeth on the doctorest of seusses

and it's so damn catchy.

this is what the radio sounded like when i was young because i didn't quite realise that the people on the radio were actually saying/singing things. i thought it was just supposed to sound good.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

to me english sounds like speaking with some hot potatoe in the mouth.

portuguese is just spanish spoken with a mouth full of marbles.

this is what the radio sounded like when i was young because i didn't quite realise that the people on the radio were actually saying/singing things. i thought it was just supposed to sound good.

that's awesome.

yeah i remember singing frankie's two tribes as 'wan tootribes one-a-saur, one us all that toucan sco' when i was a kid

thank fuck i didn't hear louie louie at a tender age

to me english sounds like speaking with some hot potatoe in the mouth.

I've compared it to speaking Spanish with a little bit of water in your mouth that you're trying not to spit out.

I dig that song, too. Reminds me of mixtapes I would get from penpals around the world and how I'd learn the song phonetically, not really knowing what the words were.

I dig that song, too. Reminds me of mixtapes I would get from penpals around the world and how I'd learn the song phonetically, not really knowing what the words were.

yup yup, definitely mixtape material

this is another mixtape favourite of mine, although the flangey youtube thing is muck

that's awesome.

i'm supposed to learn Portuguese this year(i like boobs and i want to go to brazil). It's really hard to understand spoken portuguese (from portugal), they just swallow half the words. Anyway i suck at speaking/understanding language (even french). I always have to make my interlocutors repeat what they said or have to repeat what I mumble. My ears are flawless so i guess i might be neurologically deaf in some way.

Also I prefer the British accent rather than the American accent. Sounds soft and less nosy. harder to catch tho. I think there's quite a lot of different accents in the UK, but i know i love EDMX's accent. Where does it originate from ?

what "English" phonemes? People from the part of the USA called New England pronounce thing very differently from people in Toronto, or Vancouver or Cornwall or elsewhere.

I'd have to say for, a musician, his listening skills suck balls.

Catchy tune though.

Archived