IGNORED

NBC set to fuck Conan O'brien in the ass

Rubin Farr

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

While the Haiti catastrophe is extremely fucked up and astronomical in devastation to Conan being robbed of his promised opportunity. This shit is extremely relevant and meaningful to some people on here. My appreciation and understanding for comedy and music(starting as 10 year old kid watching Conan every night most of the jokes and good music I saw were very impressionable) has been greatly effected by Conan and his staff the last 15 or so years. The reason's why this situation is so stupid and ridiculous has been pretty well discussed in the now 9 pages of this thread.

If you think and know Haiti's situation is much more important than Conan's then do what your capable of to make a positive difference but how can you put down the importance of an ordeal you don't strongly care about or fully interested in enough to completely understand.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey now, lets be reasonable. zaphod has a point, which is to say there hasn't been any pro-Leno statements. surely that is because people liking Leno here are in the minority.

Conan (and I guess Ferguson to a lesser extent) appeal more to this particular demographic.

I'm way too fucking stoned, I need to get outta this joint

.... There hasn't been any pro Leno statements because obvious majority consensus is there are little to no pro Leno statement's to be said of the situation.

Guest Bramsworth

Just by judgment of Jay's behavior ever since Conan got the Tonight Show, leading up until now, it's easy to see why the majority of people aren't pro-Jay. You can think he's the better host all you want, but I'd find it hard to believe anyone can really think he's not being a total jack off about this whole situation.

As pretty much all people say, he needs to just bow out gracefully. Either that, or become the greatest shame of late night history.

how do you not realize that i'm bored and doing what i always do, trolling this shithole backwater of a messageboard before i go to sleep?

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Wow...whoever thought putting Jimmy on Leno was a good idea...you deserve a cookie . I couldn't stop cringing...Jesus Christ .

It was funny as shit though .

jay leno does suck. i agree. they all suck, basically, just like this board. i just get angry sometimes smettingham, at how much this board blows after years being a great place, and so the subtext of any post like this is a very direct i hate you and everything about you and you've ruined watmm. not you of course. but the noobs.

*rubs brow*

i just hate. these. people.

jay leno does suck. i agree. they all suck, basically, just like this board. i just get angry sometimes smettingham, at how much this board blows after years being a great place, and so the subtext of any post like this is a very direct i hate you and everything about you and you've ruined watmm. not you of course. but the noobs.

*rubs brow*

lol

Didn't it read "I don't hate everything" underneath your avatar a few days ago?

i can't keep up the charade takeshi. sometimes i lurk on dogsonacid, waiting for jswift so i can give him my account, but then i think of papa...

also this was just a botched management decision on the part of nbc. leno got informed years ago that he was being replaced, kept doing his job, and now he's getting blamed for this like he somehow set up conan. which is just uninformed. they both got screwed over, basically.

*rubs brow*

lol

he has good reason to change the quote.

i'm completely serious about this too. i hate myself.

*rubs brow*

lol

he has good reason to change the quote.

i'm completely serious about this too. i hate myself.

I think self-hatred is implicit with posting on WATMM.

hatred fuels trolling, basically. it's like, when i watch a movie that i hate, i hate it so much that i want to watch it again and again to figure out why. i post here because i want to figure out why you guys all suck so much, and how to stop it from leaking into the real world.

hatred fuels trolling, basically. it's like, when i watch a movie that i hate, i hate it so much that i want to watch it again and again to figure out why. i post here because i want to figure out why you guys all suck so much, and how to stop it from leaking into the real world.

I loled

whoa jimmy kimmel just went in on Jay Leno.

He tore him a new one.

hahaah

he really did, they are fucking dumb for inviting him on the show, surprised they didnt edit it out

This article nearly has my blood boiling with annoyance, if anyone wants to poop in this dick's soup, please go right aheadExecutive Leaps to Leno’s Defense

"NBC faced a dilemma in 2004 when Mr. O’Brien, at the time one of the hottest stars in television, had offers to jump to a different network. To prevent that — because Mr. Zucker and others concluded Mr. O’Brien represented NBC’s future in late night — Mr. O’Brien was offered “The Tonight Show” after a five-year wait."

........................... if only those bastards would have let Conan go to a network that understood, respected and didn't limit his creative freedom.

Many Americans are finding in Conan O'Brien what they can't find elsewhere -- dignity in telling The Man to take a hike.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Apparently the latest is Conan is now a free man with a sizable compensation for his loss, and didn't have to sign a no-compete contract.

if this is the case, my guess is they told him to put the kibosh on taking swipes at NBC about every 15 seconds or so, lol

Archived