IGNORED

NBC set to fuck Conan O'brien in the ass

Rubin Farr

if i had been the next in line for the famed tonight show slot for as long as Conan was it would be absolutely devastating for NBC to pull a bait and switch like this. NBC with their retarded decision making has totally devalued the esteem and history of the Tonight Show. Was that their intention? It almost seems like they set out to kill it.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad he isnt putting up with this shit!

Hopefully NBC will realize how stupid theyd be to go through with all of this, and the only change will be that leno is fired.

seriously, fuck leno.

would have been a very interesting alternate timeline if Gary Shandling got the Tonight Show gig instead of Leno, he was being groomed for a while as the next host. at one point he was the permanent guest host for johnny carson

ive always liked conan the most, letterman used to be hilarious back in the day, but his schtick is too stale

its about time that someone like conan came around and pushed the self-depricating aspect of humor, much more relatable with the newer generations than the arrogant, "im the fuckin man" hosts

btw, when the fuck was Leno actually funny?

i can't think of anyone i know off the top of my head that would actually admit to watching Leno these days.

ps. Yes Conan kicks ass for this.

This whole situation is more than just Conan vs. Leno. It's about old TV formats versus the future of television. Conan is based on a culture that is completely different than the people who watch Leno. The internet content is probably 50:1 for Conan stuff, there is a reason for that!!!

The future of TV networks is really uncertain, so instead of just accepting this arms-open and giving Coco a chance, they backtracked, probably fearing their stocks would plummet (fact is, with Leno they are just pushing the shinking of their ship a little further down the road) and went with the safe way, the boring-cue-card-reading-old-comic-guy-not-funny-anymore-but-safe-to-old-conservative-demographics.

never really watched conan. i can't stand leno. letterman has always been the only late night talk show i cared about, mainly for his interviews. but that's mostly older stuff, i don't feel like he's had an entertaining guest on for quite a while. i don't really get why anyone cares that much about this, but i guess a lot of people have something invested in these shows. kind of weird to me; it always seemed like the most stale and formulaic format outside of radio.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I can understand why people just popping in and watching an episode or two of Conan every once and a while might think its just another talk show but I've never known anyone under 40 that has watched him for a while and didn't grow to appreciate the show immensely. Their are moments on Conan that defy comprehension for me in their epic comedic nature.

I would love to youtube link my most uber mega favorite moments from the last 13 years or so that Ive been consistently watching the cone bone but most of them are really hard to find on the nets.

FUCK Jay Leno

Conan has been completely screwed over here, and he's pretty much going to leave the network probably by the end of this week. Did anyone watch last night's show? EVERY joke was about NBC/Jay Leno/ The situation about what's going on. Even all the interviews were about what was going on. It was one of his best shows since he started hosting The Tonight Show. Now all of a sudden NBC is looking for 'guest hosts' for the program. I can't wait until Conan is given complete creative control with his own show on FOX where he's not toned down or anything, should be hilarious

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/12/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-take-two-nbc-conan-obrien-contract-deal-leaving-late-night-network-television-deal/

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/conan-crisis-nbc-looking-tonight-show-guest-hosts-12879

teamcoco.jpg

Can't wait to see what happens on the show tonight after everything that went down last night. In fact NBC might not even let it air, there were plenty of weird edits last night...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

weird edits you say?? didn't notice any but I wouldn't be that surprised I guess, they were talking mad shit about the faggots at NBC.

TEAM COCO

everyone hates leno but he seems to have way more viewers. Who watches leno? Doesn't leno also do live comedy club stuff on his days off?

mostly old farts and mega square ricky retardo people who cant figure out or are too scared to communicate on the internet

Guest Bramsworth

Respect for Conan +1,000,000 :)

No surprise he's the only one showing any sort of class here. Now I'm wondering, is he taping the show anymore? How soon is he out?

Either way...

teamcoco.jpg

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Ehhh damn. I did not need to hear this shit today . This will be a very interesting episode of The Tonight Show .

Congrats NBC...

custom_1234214353977_a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

teamcoco.jpg

Can't wait to see what happens on the show tonight after everything that went down last night. In fact NBC might not even let it air, there were plenty of weird edits last night...

Too much win , my son

who's watching it right now? holy fuck this is hilarious

http://blogs.forbes.com/bizblog/2010/01/12/conan-monologue-mocks-nbc/

Mere hours after Conan O'Brien stated his disinterest in moving The Tonight Show to 12:05 am as his NBC bosses has proposed, the host made light of an otherwise delicate --if not devastating-- situation on his show.

Greeting his audience, the soon-to-be-displaced funnyman kicked it off with a quip: "Hello, my name is Conan O’Brien, and I may soon be available for children’s parties."

From there, the rightfully bitter entertainer moved to a jab: "Welcome to NBC. Where our new slogan is, 'No longer just screwing up prime-time.'"

Then, a heartfelt memory with a dash of snark: "When I was a little boy, I remember watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and thinking 'Someday, I’m going to host that show for 7 months.'"

And finally, a knock of his network home (for now, that is): "NBC says they’re planning to have the late night situation worked out before the Winter Olympics start. And trust me, when NBC says something – you can take that to the bank!"

ive always liked conan the most, letterman used to be hilarious back in the day, but his schtick is too staleits about time that someone like conan came around and pushed the self-depricating aspect of humor, much more relatable with the newer generations than the arrogant, "im the fuckin man" hostsbtw, when the fuck was Leno actually funny?i can't think of anyone i know off the top of my head that would actually admit to watching Leno these days.ps. Yes Conan kicks ass for this.

I agree, Letterman has turned to a grumpy old guy. He used to be a lot more absurd and off the wall...even if his jokes sucked he'd turn into something funny. Now he doesn't even talk to guests before they come on for the taping.

Leno is for people who watch Jeff Dunham and Dancing with Stars. He's tolerable off the show in interviews, but his shows are always relentlessly unfunny because of his writers.

This whole situation is more than just Conan vs. Leno. It's about old TV formats versus the future of television. Conan is based on a culture that is completely different than the people who watch Leno. The internet content is probably 50:1 for Conan stuff, there is a reason for that!!!

Nailed it.

is there a video of this?

goddamn hats off to conan for being pissed off, and rightfully so....once you are worth a few million dollars its not about the money anymore lol

yea, as cool as Carson was, The Tonight Show was always an old head show, where Late Night w Conan O'Brien was more about the young hipsters. I never clicked with Leno personally, but I guess he is ok. The fact that his jokes aren't that funny is part of what makes him funny or at least affable, kind of like Jerry Seinfeld. When they announced Conan was taking over the Tonight Show I just thought it sounded odd, like maybe this could work but not sure. I haven't watched much Conan on The Tonight Show except a few times so maybe it is ok dunno.

Been watching some Carson Classics though :ok:

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

His contract with NBC is probably the reason he won't go to another network. Sort of like Adam Carolla... so maybe this means a Conan podcast...

Actually he'll probably just go into politics.

Archived