IGNORED

Coachella - April 16-18, 2010

superstix

a bunch of shitty acts outweigh the 3 or 4 i would actually go see... i can't sit through something like this anymore... i went to the first coachella and despite there being a lot that i liked, there were still a lot of shitty acts and ended up sleeping at one point behind the t-shirt vending tent. was woken up by some gangsters sneaking under the tent stealing t-shirts.

a bunch of shitty acts outweigh the 3 or 4 i would actually go see... i can't sit through something like this anymore... i went to the first coachella and despite there being a lot that i liked, there were still a lot of shitty acts and ended up sleeping at one point behind the t-shirt vending tent. was woken up by some gangsters sneaking under the tent stealing t-shirts.

lol

I really want to go to a Coachella show someday, but this one doesn't look nearly as interesting to me as the last couple of years. I would have loved to see AFX, µ-Ziq, Kraftwerk, and so many others. Gorillaz will probably be cool, but it doesn't warrant enough from me to try to go to this, especially considering I'm still underage. >_>

I really want to go to a Coachella show someday, but this one doesn't look nearly as interesting to me as the last couple of years. I would have loved to see AFX, µ-Ziq, Kraftwerk, and so many others. Gorillaz will probably be cool, but it doesn't warrant enough from me to try to go to this, especially considering I'm still underage. >_>

Kraftwerk was awesome. So was Daft Punk.

I want to go this year, but waiting for single-day tix.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

we paid 10% and are considering not bothering with the rest, depends whether we could sell them if we pay the rest off

Guest Ominous

yeah...i'd kinda rather go to amoeba, stuff a basket full of music and go back to my apartment for the rest of the weekend. is that more idm or what?

• 2 months later...

leaving tomorrow for the drive. see y'all there. i'll be the sweaty bright red sweary englishman trying to find any AC on the site

its sold out. they say you could by single day tickets but it would have to be on the day of, and if there were any 3 dayers that didn't show. if i do go, i'm breaking in w/ fence clippers that thats it. i think i'll just go to Record Store Day instead.

yeah...i'd kinda rather go to amoeba, stuff a basket full of music and go back to my apartment for the rest of the weekend. is that more idm or what?

gospel. i'll probably be there. kids should take that $270 and buy a bunch of music.

my girlfriend got us one of the safari tents, so i'm looking forward to this year a bit more - less mucking about waiting for $9 hot dogs at least.

it'd be cool to actually meet up with any other watmm types. benedict? anyone else going?

got back last night. fucking exhausted. had fun but damn if the organisers don't try and restrict you at every opportunity. would probably go again and do everything differently.

best moment was mike patton's face when danny de vito ran across the stage.

bands i saw and liked:

girls

dirty projectors

fnm

orbital

fever ray

atoms for piss

grizzly bear

and lots more i forget

orbital live would make me squee in my pants

they were good but they played this joke track (i forget the trk but it was some cheesy 80s song chorus) and the joke went on too long and i guess it wasn't a joke.

lol Was that a fail? Looked like they went about 2 ft. in the air.

Never was a big fan of Satan. My vote for best joke track goes to Quality Seconds on Snivilisation. Even though it would startle me out of the blissful state achieved by the end of Kein Trink Wasser. Every. Time. At least it's short and contains no repetitive vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvokkdANH7c

that glowstick launch was actually pretty aweseome. a few of them went up at the same time... pretty effective.

i was actually watching from backstage - i had initially expected it to be MOBBED, but there was NOBODY back there. ended up chatting to the guys that run the big video displays that are usually going on at the sahara tent.

i still can't believe they had tiesto on the main stage for 2 hours on saturday night, and orbital got 50 minutes and that was it. ridiculous.

also, that 80's pop song mashup "joke" track was halcyon - they've mixed in belinda carlisle and bon jovi with that track for years.

still the highlight of the show for me. faith no more a close second, though.

a few pics i snagged... including -

karin from fever ray doing her dr. manhattan impression:

post-159-127186769841_thumb.jpg

mr. les claypool:

post-159-127186772504_thumb.jpg

ninja from die antwoord:

post-159-127186775551_thumb.jpg

yo-landi from die antwoord:

post-159-12718677756_thumb.jpg

and pos from de la soul:

post-159-127186779421_thumb.jpg

i hope next year's lineup is decent. this year was pretty good.

Archived