IGNORED

Superbowl Sunday

Guest Fishtank

fuck the halftime show, im usually out by that point.

last year's was fucking hilarious though, the ending was spectacular.

also, almost forgot,

during halftime switch over to the animal planet puppy bowl.

that is some hardcore shit right there.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having about 6 people over.

roasting a ten pound pork butt to serve as bo ssäm lettuce wraps with homemade kim chi. I've got some oysters and some pork belly/hoisin buns for the sides!

Even if the Colts lose, we've still got good food to keep spirits high.

Colts.

hellllll yeah that sounds good, well fucking done. superbowl is about the finger foods

photographic evidence will be posted

well im going to watch handegg with my mates, we promised a superbowl party this year.

who's doing the half time show?

ae was supposed to do a promo for oversteps but they canceled so its the who

lol.. not even possible to imagine. All the lights off at the Super Bowl.. no cameras, just mind warping ae rhythms. Some people would lose their minds.

oversteps is actually the audio of the super bowl, thrown onto a digitial spectrograph and aligned with the video data which triggers samples of various appliances switching on and off. so in essence, oversteps is the super bowl.

geaux saints

I've tried (successfully) to get into NBA and now I love it and watch it all the time. Sometimes the fast food and erectile dysfunction ads get annoying but the game is quick and exciting and the rules are easy to follow.

NFL however, is impenetrable.

NBA is a bunch of cash-starved thugs. NFL is the big show.. AND they smash the shit out of each other. There isn't much better.

There's nothing better than a team of big fucks going out there, representing your identity, and pounding the fuck out of the enemy. For me Iit's college football so I'm spent by the time it comes time to watch NFL. But either way, hand egg is the greatest sport of all time. You get out of it what you put into it because there are so many layers and layers of understanding the game.

I've tried (successfully) to get into NBA and now I love it and watch it all the time. Sometimes the fast food and erectile dysfunction ads get annoying but the game is quick and exciting and the rules are easy to follow.

NFL however, is impenetrable.

whaaa? Maoam, watch college basketball, much more interesting. NBA is pretty much overpaid talents trying to showoff every play. College everyone is still humble (at least in comparison to NBA), and there is more strategy.

There's nothing better than a team of big fucks going out there, representing your identity, and pounding the fuck out of the enemy. For me Iit's college football so I'm spent by the time it comes time to watch NFL. But either way, hand egg is the greatest sport of all time. You get out of it what you put into it because there are so many layers and layers of understanding the game.

this.

i don't get the british hatred of american football other then we "stole the name"

don't pull the rugby card either, ive played rugby. these sports are entirely different.

It's because the Brits are the ultimate player haters in the whole world.

makes me think

Britain is one of the original OG pimps, polite but firm when needed, whereas America is the rebellious student, who is flashier, throws his weight around and ultimately acts like a asshole, but for some reason he gets more ho's then his mentor.

There's nothing better than a team of big fucks going out there, representing your identity, and pounding the fuck out of the enemy.

Yeah I can see a certain appeal in that. Ok, give me a reason to hate one of the teams in the superbowl and i'll watch it.

Something like a hurricane machine designed in Indianapolis was responsible for Katrina.

whaaa? Maoam, watch college basketball, much more interesting. NBA is pretty much overpaid talents trying to showoff every play. College everyone is still humble (at least in comparison to NBA), and there is more strategy.

Yes I definitely want to watch some college basketball. When does it get good? Final four or something?

Guest Fishtank

It's because the Brits are the ultimate player haters in the whole world.

makes me think

Britain is one of the original OG pimps, polite but firm when needed, whereas America is the rebellious student, who is flashier, throws his weight around and ultimately acts like a asshole, but for some reason he gets more ho's then his mentor.

OhSnap.gif

also, i dont at all get the "lol, look at your sport, it is not at all my sport, therefore you are ignorant lol" philosophy. i get a chuckle out of the fact that ping pong and badminton are massive in china and way more popular than tennis, but i dont see either as inferior sports. it's all about the magnitude of the event, how much glory is riding on it, and if the relative culture around it builds it up to be a truly massive event, and the adrenaline is going, then it's great. enjoying a sport is a function of the energy from the participants and spectators, the cultural impact the outcome will have, and your individual understanding of the sport so that you can appreciate the development of the match.

american football works so well culturally in the US because the working man can make a day out of it. it's on a sunday, you get 3-4 hours to drink beer, eat, hang out during timeouts, talks a few words of shit, or talk strategy regarding next play, or bitch about last play bewteen plays. not too fast, not too slow. go take a piss between possessions. (i like to time my piss right when they're kicking an extra point).

soccer, by comparison, is too short of a match for my taste. i get sad that the match is over already when it's over. same with basketball. i really need to make an entire afternoon around it. a good hour of pregaming at least. 3-4 hours of in-game gaming. that being said i love to watch soccer when i'm emotionally invested. goals in soccer are truly one of the most exciting scores in all of sport.

Archived