IGNORED

Australia

Guest the anonymous forumite

Also I wanna thank all of you watmmers who made this thread enjoyable for me. A few good lols. Also, it seems only 3 of you like Australia, but you haven't been able to change my mind yet. Tell me about amazing landscapes or something like that.

i don't give a fuck if you like australia or not. i'd rather live here than in usa, at least here we have a public healthcare system.

My point is not to get you Aussies all defensive and insecure, I just would like you to tell me about what you think is nice in your country.

And I'm not Theocide, may that attention-seeking jerk die of aids.

My point is not to get you Aussies all defensive and insecure, I just would like you to tell me about what you think is nice in your country.

And I'm not Theocide, may that attention-seeking jerk die of aids.

well, i dunno what australia is like compared to any other country, because i've never been overseas. but i've heard reports about the women here being top-notch, and i can agree for the most part. the only places i've seen more beautiful women (in photos/video, that is) would be lithuania or iceland. lol!

uh, i guess there's also a general 'free and easy' attitude here, if you know where to go to stay away from thugs or friday/saturday night drunken corporate douchebags, it's easy to have a very good time, or something.

basically, australia isn't really culturally different to usa/uk, the streets are probably quite a lot more clean, probably because the big cities aren't as big as they are elsewhere. the only way to understand what it's like in australia is to actually come and visit, i'd say. i extend an invitation to anyone who is up for visiting, to a melbourne watmm meetup! hey, even troon is welcome.

Guest Space Coyote

I feel I could weigh in significantly in this thread but I'm a few pints deep in Australian brew at the moment and can't be too comprehendable. I'll check back tomorrow. In the meantime I would like you more reputable American WATMMers to hit up the thread I'm about to post

no homo

Thank you for your invitation and your attempt at convincing me.

but i've heard reports about the women here being top-notch, and i can agree for the most part.

pics please

Ok, so i dont wanna sound offensive here but can someone explain the appeal of australia? Why souls someone spend holidays there?

There are a lot of différent countries i want to visit but Australia is not on the list. From what i've seen, cities in kangooland just look like your average

US city. People seem to be rude, just like your average irish pub hooligan. beaches just look like any other city beach with stupid surfers.

nô offense meant aussies, just let me know.

Well it's not full of Yanks for a start. (That annoying race of people who think everybody within a 100 mile raduis is interested or wants to hear what they say).

And anyway Irish pub hooligans, beaches with stupid surfers and bland cities are fucking way better than the psycotic realm of England that I come from. Industrial orange haze, garbage on the street, inbreeds snorting white powder in graveyards, asshole kids with no fathers and mums on crack impersonating fucking dumb yanks with stupid baseball hats and baggy clothes. Where I come from is the Come to Daddy video, crossed with Dead Mans Shoes. So Australia is fucking paradise.

Anyway 90% of yanks don't have a passport and don't even know where Canada is LoL. So I don't think anyone with half a brain is going to take geography lessons from you mate.

Guest Space Coyote

In retrospect I don't really have much in defence other than maybe pick up some tourist brochures and if what is on offer there doesn't cut it then I guess it is not for you.

We have some pretty nice landscapes?

picture of the great australia bight

more bight

Great Barrier Reef

7120_2384_sydney_aquarium_great_barrier_reef.jpg

This red turtle is a little idm great-barrier-reef-turtle.jpg

09_UK%20REEFS.jpg

Plus if you're from America, our beers are on average stronger in alcohol content and possibly cheaper. You like wine? We got wine The Australian wine industry is the fourth-largest exporter in the world

I saw pictures of koalas earlier but don't forget God's bizarre mistake the platypus. There is also wallabies which are like a smaller, less dangerous version of the Kangaroo.

wombats

We have the world's largest Imax screen...

I don't even really appreciate most of this shit myself but the original post smacks of just not knowing much about Australia rather than having looked and not found anything of interest.

Guest uptowndevil

Ok, so i dont wanna sound offensive here but can someone explain the appeal of australia? Why souls someone spend holidays there?

There are a lot of différent countries i want to visit but Australia is not on the list. From what i've seen, cities in kangooland just look like your average

US city. People seem to be rude, just like your average irish pub hooligan. beaches just look like any other city beach with stupid surfers.

nô offense meant aussies, just let me know.

Well it's not full of Yanks for a start. (That annoying race of people who think everybody within a 100 mile raduis is interested or wants to hear what they say).

And anyway Irish pub hooligans, beaches with stupid surfers and bland cities are fucking way better than the psycotic realm of England that I come from. Industrial orange haze, garbage on the street, inbreeds snorting white powder in graveyards, asshole kids with no fathers and mums on crack impersonating fucking dumb yanks with stupid baseball hats and baggy clothes. Where I come from is the Come to Daddy video, crossed with Dead Mans Shoes. So Australia is fucking paradise.

Anyway 90% of yanks don't have a passport and don't even know where Canada is LoL. So I don't think anyone with half a brain is going to take geography lessons from you mate.

daniellambert-748448.jpg

whatever

Guest bitroast

that's an awesome pi.c

there was an article in the age last month or so with this topic. pretty much saying how australia used to be a good tourist location but with cheaper flights to better locations, foreigners regard australia as boring and pointless place to travel to.

we have pretty diverse geology, ranging from death deserts to muggy tropics, nice beachs and country sides, which makes for some awesome road trips / small vacations for us australians.

haha, most australians regard australia as a boring place to go on holiday. Not the short trip down to byron, or weekend fishing on fraser with your drunken mates, or a shopping trip via jet to melbourne. But an actual holiday to somewhere unique, worthy of your holiday money.

Of course once those singles hook up, get married and spit out expensive children. They start thinking a little more romantically about hols at home, presuming their careers going nowhere.

Still i rekon, i would prefer to avoid the disease ridden cesspits of the earth, so that leaves out most of the exotic. And so beyond europe, the pacific, the caribean and north eastern asia, that doesn't leave me with many other options other than hanging out at home, with the kangaroos and the flies and the fucking awesome beaches.

Guest Space Coyote

i visited south australia and i didn't regret it. the people were lovely and it wasn't too touristy if you know what i mean. i had a great meal at a restaurant and washed it all down with a glass of south australian wine. i enjoyed the murray river and the barossa valley was great. south australia.

That's interesting to hear as Adelaide is one of the, if not the, most ragged-on cities in this country. That said, the Barossa Valley is still quite famous and great if you're a, well, wine-o

Industrial orange haze, garbage on the street, inbreeds snorting white powder in graveyards, asshole kids with no fathers and mums on crack impersonating fucking dumb yanks with stupid baseball hats and baggy clothes. Where I come from is the Come to Daddy video, crossed with Dead Mans Shoes. So Australia is fucking paradise.

I understand your posts better now, you working class moron.

And who said I was American ?

In retrospect I don't really have much in defence other than maybe pick up some tourist brochures and if what is on offer there doesn't cut it then I guess it is not for you.

We have some pretty nice landscapes?

picture of the great australia bight

more bight

Great Barrier Reef

7120_2384_sydney_aquarium_great_barrier_reef.jpg

This red turtle is a little idm great-barrier-reef-turtle.jpg

09_UK%20REEFS.jpg

Plus if you're from America, our beers are on average stronger in alcohol content and possibly cheaper. You like wine? We got wine The Australian wine industry is the fourth-largest exporter in the world

I saw pictures of koalas earlier but don't forget God's bizarre mistake the platypus. There is also wallabies which are like a smaller, less dangerous version of the Kangaroo.

wombats

We have the world's largest Imax screen...

I don't even really appreciate most of this shit myself but the original post smacks of just not knowing much about Australia rather than having looked and not found anything of interest.

nOW THAT'S WHAT i WAS LOOKING FOR. Great Landscapes, Cool animals, Great wines. Thanks, I'm now reconsidering my opinion.

I would like to visit Aus one day, even though the prospect of the heat and fucking mutant insects is a bit daunting. And wtf, Australian accents on women are hawwwt. Or is that just a nostalgic memory of when Neighbours was watchable?

Plus, the Australian WATMMers all seem like nice folk.

Adelaide (south australia) has a nice food market apparently. A friend from melbourne was telling me that he had a really nice time there. I think that adelaide would be good for a foodie given all the wineries and fresh seafood passing through that city.

Archived