IGNORED

FUNKY HOUSE

BCM

Guest ezkerraldean

when i was 18 and a massive boy racer, my mate pulled up next to me and said "hey i've got this album of Funky House you want it?" and i said "yeah free CD innit why not". so he leant over and handed it over to me between the car windows and i played it while we lapped round town and after ~10mins thought it was shit. so i gave it to some other bloke i knew, saying "hey i've got this album of Funky House you want it?" and he said "yeah free CD innit why not", and i leant over and handed it over to him between the car windows. which is also precisely how my original mate got hold of it.

SO THE SAGA CONTINUES

What makes it funky? Like, live slap bass guitar instead of monosynth?

funky/funky house/uk funky/etc is basically dubstep with house-ish 4/4 rhythms instead of crazy shuffley 2-step garage rhythms, so it's a bit easier to dance to. like this, which is excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3Bf6S_p0g

funky/funky house/uk funky/etc is basically dubstep with house-ish 4/4 rhythms instead of crazy shuffley 2-step garage rhythms, so it's a bit easier to dance to. like this, which is excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3Bf6S_p0g

That's quite slow/mellow/downtempo and more like deep house than funky house IMO, which is usually much more upbeat. But then again, we're in different countries and sometimes have different definitions for the same thing.

it is a bit atypical but it's the end of funky i like; funky - 2-step - dubstep - grime is a continuum really

*pause while i vomit from spewing shite genre names*

i suppose this would be more mainstream funky house stuff

goddammit! there's an incredible mainstream funky house track i heard recently whose name escapes me...

*digs out recent wire magazine* wire's co-opting of what is basically chavtastic music is kinda funny :emotawesomepm9:

Archived