IGNORED

Music you've recently downloaded/bought

Capsaicin

Today I bought a used copy of Future Sounds of London's Lifeforms that was in excellent shape. As far as I know, I now only need Dead Cities from them and I can stop there.. I'd like to be proven wrong on this btw.

Also saw some cheeeeeeap used copies of Stereolab albums, so as soon as I get a job and thus a paycheck, I'm going to expand my Groop collection.

r-1629020-1235405805yz00.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcardium vinyl

I would be jealous if it wasn't for the fact that I played this album to death a few years ago. Like literally, killed most of the joy out of it.

But I still like the album, I'll play a little bit of it every now and then.

Isn't this box set like a hundred dollars?

nah its quite cheap: around $40 but I payed $60 as I didn't want to buy it online

Its same for me I don't listen to it anymore but me and my girl did listen to it all the time during our holidays so I had to give the band something back and at the same time have a nice memory of the great time

I really feel bad when downloading something and playing it over and over for years without giving the band something back

Guest Renivatio

vangelis- reprise 1990-1999

f.u.s.e- dimension intrusion

ulrich schnauss- a strangely isolated place

wisp- we miss you

pink floyd- the wall

rammstein- liebe ist fur alle da

Guest JohnTqs

soft pack - soft pack

shawn lee's ping pong orchestra - music and rhythm

lucid rhythms - the fear (awesome!)

hot chip - the warning

los campesinos - romance is boring

retribution gospel choir - 2

local natives - gorilla manor

Today I bought a used copy of Future Sounds of London's Lifeforms that was in excellent shape. As far as I know, I now only need Dead Cities from them and I can stop there.. I'd like to be proven wrong on this btw.

Also saw some cheeeeeeap used copies of Stereolab albums, so as soon as I get a job and thus a paycheck, I'm going to expand my Groop collection.

You don't like Accelerator? 'Twas the first FSOL I purchased, and still get nostalgic when I listen to it. It's not the rich sound jungle that is Lifeforms, nor the haunting, desolate, ghost town wasteland that is Dead Cities, but I'd say Accelerator is def. in the canon for early FSOL fans. For me it's got kind of an ethno-sci-fi-rave feel. Dated, but good.

Got the reprint with lenticular 3D cover and bonus track.

R-150-11677-1206696011.jpeg

You don't like Accelerator? 'Twas the first FSOL I purchased, and still get nostalgic when I listen to it. It's not the rich sound jungle that is Lifeforms, nor the haunting, desolate, ghost town wasteland that is Dead Cities, but I'd say Accelerator is def. in the canon for early FSOL fans. For me it's got kind of an ethno-sci-fi-rave feel. Dated, but good.

R-150-11677-1206696011.jpeg

I'll be sure to try out Accelerator, thanks! But is later FSOL not as good or something?

FSOL-Accelerator-US-CD-A.jpg

I'll be sure to try out Accelerator, thanks! But is later FSOL not as good or something?

Other than that, ISDN is still within the same era as Lifeforms, Dead Cities, and Accelerator and worth checking out. But from "The Isness" on, their style definitely took a turn and started sounding very 1960's inspired, hippy, sitar, soundtrackish. I still own The Isness because it's transitional, but everything after that I've tried and can't get into. So sad. :-(

For artists who have had such a long history of alternate pseudonyms, you'd think they'd have donned a new one for this hippy stuff.

Guest JohnTqs

Yesterday I ordered Brothomstates' Claro because it is also awesome.

i bought that from a dude on watmm but i never listened to it. maybe i will today

After I talked shit I went to the FSOL online store and bought some albums. Ha!

Polemical - Hand-Made Device (circuit bent soundscapes by FSOL) very enjoyable, some structured-ish tunes, other meanderings. Recommended.

Various FSOL - By Any Other Name (unreleased '90s tracks by FSOL under their various monikers) quality techno with classic FSOL sounds, almost like a lost album from their electronic peak era, just not as cohesive as their proper releases

Y A G E - The Woodlands of Old (organic type textures, acoustic percussion, but still maintain a FSOL structure/feel) loving this one. A departure from the FSOL of yesteryear, yet still captures the signature FSOL sound and is completely enjoyable in a different way.

A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind - Volumes 1 & 2 (psychedelic mixes of other people's music) I knew what I was getting myself into here. There were no sample clips though and curiosity got the better of me. Hippy stuff for sure, but the two volumes are huge mixes by Gaz Cobain of music by other artists, swirled together in a giant pot of psychedelia. Somehow I'm intrigued. Haven't listened to it yet. I figure it will have its time and place.

Archived