IGNORED

Ken Ishii - anyone else a fan?

chenGOD

Guest 277: 930-933

He used to get booked quite often in the Netherlands but now he makes maybe 1 appearance per year which is too bad.

Love Cocoa Mousse.

saw him a few years ago, the guy is badass...a lot of fun, have most of his discography but stopped around Future in Light...so i dunno what he;s been getting into....Sunriser was really disappointing IMO

yeah I saw him spin here in Seoul, probably the second best DJ set I've ever seen. He was very cool afterwards, talked a little bit with him, after his asshole security guards were all like "no" in Korean, I just asked Ken himself, and he's all like "yeah sure"...lol

IMDB says he did the mixing for Requiem. Learn something new every day...

wow...did not know that.

anyway, im glad there is love for Ishii besides for the Jelly Tones album/singles....dont get me wrong, its brilliant, but Extra is only an inkling of his output....Visionary World...Creation (State of Art)....Echo Exit...Butter Bump..could go on and on.

• 7 months later...
Guest dilbthelame

i heard a track of his last night called cubitos de hielo and frickin' loved it, any recommendations of similar stuff by him?

Ken Ishii rules. All his albums are great. His song on the Rez soundtrack is one of the things that got me into electronic music.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

huh, heard his name around a few times but i don't think i've ever heard... ummm, anything? by him. what would be a good place/album/ep to start with?

He used to get booked quite often in the Netherlands but now he makes maybe 1 appearance per year which is too bad.

Love Cocoa Mousse.

Yes.

I think he did some good tunes but lacked a bit of consistency for me and that's probably why I never totally picked up on him. Definitely talented though.

This one I like a lot. The chords are real lush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY0LDHgbh3o

i used to collect him autisticly. promos test pressings and so on but after Future In Light not so much

also. i've got the feeling almost no one dj's Ken Ishii tracks. then and now. right?

That's right I remember you being pretty hardcore about him.

I think not many DJ his tracks out because his tunes as Ken Ishii are just hard to mix smoothly.

Still looking for the video part of Islands & Continents to grab somewhere if anyone has a link. I do own the VHS (picked it up in Japan, no idea how rare it is, but i think it was only released in Japan), just don't have a way to get it onto the compy....

No Ken Ishii thread is complete without the Extra music video...

[youtubehd]t6maVVFs0As&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Also, I used to have a Ken Ishii avatar so yeah, I'm a fan.

Archived