IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Antique Electronic Music 1955-1983

awepittance

hug away! it's not different . It's the first iteration of this concept so probably will refine it a little more over time. In the Abelton session i made this with i ended up not using about 50% of the clips i had setup.

Guest Glass Plate

hey Awepie here's some random guys off the top of my head you should check out: (if you don't already know them)

Software

Manuel Göttsching

Dick Hyman

Tod Dockstader

Bruce Haack

Felix Kubin

Roland Bocquet

Ruth White

Tonto's Expanding Head Band

Beaver & Krause

Isao Tomita

There's so many great older acts that this thread still hasn't touched on. (just go spy on some of the italio disco threads etc. around here)

Guest Ominous

^^ I'm obsessed with Software; great to see them being mentioned here! *cough*synopsis elektronica blog*achoo*

I finally had a chance to listen to this during a long drive. I was going to complain that it was too rhythm focused; but the few melodic mashups that are sprinkled throughout really hit the spot! esp the one at 19:28 :wang: When I saw the tracklist I was a little skeptical (Lime and Stockhausen?), but it works, cleverly so. Hope to see/hear more of this series.

oh yeah, at around 53mins in, what's the really squishy arpeggiated line from? been looking for that one for a while, Dj Enne used to play it in his sets in 1981. TIA.

hey Awepie here's some random guys off the top of my head you should check out: (if you don't already know them)

Software

Manuel Göttsching

Dick Hyman

Tod Dockstader

Bruce Haack

Felix Kubin

Roland Bocquet

Ruth White

Tonto's Expanding Head Band

Beaver & Krause

Isao Tomita

There's so many great older acts that this thread still hasn't touched on. (just go spy on some of the italio disco threads etc. around here)

cool i ve heard of most of these but i didn't have the time to include them in this first iteration of my concept. What would you recommend from Beaver & Krause? i was really disappointed when i finally heard Wild Sanctuary

oh yeah, at around 53mins in, what's the really squishy arpeggiated line from? been looking for that one for a while, Dj Enne used to play it in his sets in 1981. TIA.

band - Elektriktus

album - Electronic Mind Waves

song #2 - 'first wave'

Guest Ominous

Sorry, I gave you the wrong time for the id; it's an arpeggio that starts playing at ~54:25; seems to be just a loop of one phrase. here's the song that i'm talking about (the intro before it starts getting all proggy). Thanks again!

Sorry, I gave you the wrong time for the id; it's an arpeggio that starts playing at ~54:25; seems to be just a loop of one phrase. here's the song that i'm talking about (the intro before it starts getting all proggy). Thanks again!

oh ! that's from Vangelis' LP 'spiral' song #4 of the same name. IT's one of his better and more interesting LPS that doesnt have a cringeworthy amount of cheesiness. check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW_qGMRmJAw&feature=related

that arp is fucking great

btw it's from 1977 , i think this LP is probably his most Kraut rock esque too (besides his first 2 lps which are not electronic), it sounds very influenced by Klauz Schluze and Tangerine Dream. Definitly not the typical vangelis record

great fucking set Robbie....

I said on soundcloud that I think the set was jumping around on me, so I need to download, but this one is a keeper....

Great fucking job man!

thank you much.. there are some jarring moments in the set because it was live but hopefully thats not what you're talking about !

eventually i'd like to release a version of this that is a lot tighter and planned out for a free internet Lp. so any critiques would be appreciated so i can take them into consideration for future iterations

Guest Ominous

oh ! that's from Vangelis' LP 'spiral' song #4 of the same name. IT's one of his better and more interesting LPS that doesnt have a cringeworthy amount of cheesiness. check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW_qGMRmJAw&feature=related

that arp is fucking great

btw it's from 1977 , i think this LP is probably his most Kraut rock esque too (besides his first 2 lps which are not electronic), it sounds very influenced by Klauz Schluze and Tangerine Dream. Definitly not the typical vangelis record

wow, finally! thanks a million, i'd never bothered to check out any Vangelis pre-1980, silly me..

finally got around to this (fucking backlog of watmm mixes i have). lol i skipped it ahead on my to do list due to it's promising nature.

:emotawesomepm9::braindance:

I need to try Live for Dj'ing. When you warp I take it you use the re-pitch setting? I know you are a hater of time-stretch artifacts in mixes, as am I.

finally got around to this (fucking backlog of watmm mixes i have). lol i skipped it ahead on my to do list due to it's promising nature.

:emotawesomepm9::braindance:

I need to try Live for Dj'ing. When you warp I take it you use the re-pitch setting? I know you are a hater of time-stretch artifacts in mixes, as am I.

i did both in this mix because i was using mostly loops under 30 seconds, rep-itched for the things that seemed to be very susceptible to time stretching artifacts.

time stretching seems to be extra devastating when using it on a full track

yeah f that noise

Ok for me, I'd be using full tracks most of the time. How terrible is the warp markering process on full tracks? I think using this prog could really open doors for my mixing but damn the preparation process seems daunting and tedious as fuck.

fuck sorry to jack yo thread we can pm or whatever not in a particular hurry

i totally agree, thats why ive never made a proper full track mix using abelton i prefer Traktor for doing something like that. but fuck it if NI didn't impulsively change the GUI so now i have to relearn that program again

• 11 months later...

I think I missed your original mix as it coincided with when i wasn't checking WATMM all that regular so I'm downloading now... but I'm trying to work out what this is that's coming out? Another mix? Or a set of tracks based on elements from the antique electronic records?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived