IGNORED

it was saint patricks day and nobody made a saint patricks day thread

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Ive got quite a bit of Irish in my blood, I love to get drunk and don't mind getting haggard with friends but....

Saint patty's, Cinco De Mio, Valentines Day, My 3rd Cousins funeral... all of these occasions and more are great excuses to get drunk and have a good time... but every year I care less and less about holidays. I don't need excuses to have a good time. My desire to rage with some peoples and get fucking haggard knows no guidelines, code or calendar.

Guest Conor74

Thought crossed my mind, but had better threads already locked and loaded. You see my religiion and marriage threads? Fabulous, just fabulous. If I added a thread about the Irish national holiday I think it would have been thread overload.

Guest Conor74

Oh by the way, same old shite, different year. Didn't even go to the pub this year. It's always kinda a depressing day, televised coverage of thousands huddled in the rain in Dublin watching some parade. Countries outside the tropics, or very warm climates at least, shouldn't do parades, shivering majorettes are never gonna match the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

We don't do that kind of thing over here.

yeh Not Selected is not really the most celebratory region of teh whurld

Guest Dirty Protest

I grew up in a Northern Irish protestant housing estate, so conditioning means I do nothing for it, twas never mentioned at all when I was a kid. That and if I went out, London the pubs would be full of Autrailians in novelty Guinness hats, doing Autrailian back pack type things.

Guest Glass Plate

Man I worked with some Irish people a couple summers ago at a sub shop and they were insane! Would get drunk EVERY single night. They would be up really late and get up early to get to work, and then they usually worked harder than most of the other people who had been working there for way longer than them. One of 'em walked like 4 miles to work every day, and he had to sleep on the ground for a while because some one had vomited all over his bed etc. Are all Irish people like this?

Guest Enter a new display name

what a stupid day. big whoop.

Word, that's the only day of the year when many people suddenly become proud of having an irish great-great-great-great-grandfather.

Guest Conor74

I grew up in a Northern Irish protestant housing estate, so conditioning means I do nothing for it

Which one? To my shame I have only been in Belfast a handful of times, and last time I seemed to spend most of it in IKEA. Did take a wrong turn once on the eve of the Glorious 12th and ended up with a Kerry reg car driving around Sandy Row when things were a bit more volatile. Never figured it would be so close to the city centre. Quickest 3 point turn ever recorded.

Next year, I'll sneak you into a Patrick's Day parade if you get me on a lambeg drum on some Orange march :cool:

One of 'em walked like 4 miles to work every day, and he had to sleep on the ground for a while because some one had vomited all over his bed etc. Are all Irish people like this?

Used to be. We're all into wines and Sky tv now. Frankly it's all gone to shit.

Archived