IGNORED

I like Canada, It's the shit.

Guest Spittal

Vancouver is quite literally, the most boring city in the world. people don't call it Nofuncouver without good reason. Hell even Edmonton is more fun (but it's cold as shit).

Come to Canada to enjoy nature. Not for any kind of urban activity.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beatfanatic

Vancouver is quite literally, the most boring city in the world. people don't call it Nofuncouver without good reason. Hell even Edmonton is more fun (but it's cold as shit).

hmm I always thought Vancouver > Edmonton. I am from Edmonton and we call it "Deadmonton".

Do you ski or snowboard? I think I could have a lot of fun in Vancouver, I used to ski alot but haven't in the past 4 years, I'd also want to try out ice climbing

From an outsiders perspective, I'd say the worst thing about Canada and the thing that puts me off it the most has to be Maximus Mischief.

But he's just a cute lil' girl!

Mate, you misspelled "stupid fucking cunt"

But she's soooooo cute.

hmm I always thought Vancouver > Edmonton. I am from Edmonton and we call it "Deadmonton".

I grew up in Edmonton. Had shit locked down on Whyte Ave.

Edmonton is way more fun than Vancouver. Of course Edmonton is less fun than it used to be.

Gentrification and all that.

canada is a good country ..except for the tar sands

the tar sands are responsible for a huge amount of revenue for alberta and canada. i'm too lazy to find the exact amount, but something like close to 50 billion dollars. they produce roughly 500 billion barrels of oil, and is the largest producer for the united states other than saudi arabia. there is nothing anyone can do or say to stop the tar sands. it's also probably a big reason why canada wasn't hit as hard during the recession other than our good banking procedures. the environmentalist concerns over the tar sands are definitely overblown

i love canada but ontario is for suckers.

here's the thing, there is a huge divide between toronto (southern ontario), and northern ontario. in fact recently there have been a lot of news articles and talk about trying to make toronto its own province, because northern towns and communities are being completely ignored: http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=2eac82f0-05fa-4bdd-a941-b53240f9ddc4

the environmentalist concerns over the tar sands are definitely overblown

i will try my best to stay calm.

this statement is incredibly naive!

actually i believe it's troon who is the most naive

i love canada but ontario is for suckers.

here's the thing, there is a huge divide between toronto (southern ontario), and northern ontario. in fact recently there have been a lot of news articles and talk about trying to make toronto its own province, because northern towns and communities are being completely ignored: http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=2eac82f0-05fa-4bdd-a941-b53240f9ddc4

yeah, you're completely right. i just dislike toronto. i don't really mean it.

Guest uptowndevil

i got robbed by a pack of wild homeless people in Vancouver (true story), i don't think i'll go back.

the tar sands are responsible for a huge amount of revenue for alberta and canada. i'm too lazy to find the exact amount, but something like close to 50 billion dollars. they produce roughly 500 billion barrels of oil, and is the largest producer for the united states other than saudi arabia. there is nothing anyone can do or say to stop the tar sands. it's also probably a big reason why canada wasn't hit as hard during the recession other than our good banking procedures. the environmentalist concerns over the tar sands are definitely overblown

you love the money it makes for your country therefor you don't have a problem with tar sands?

the issue is overblown by the environmentalists? have you ever read any articles opposing this

rape of the land? the toxic effects of oil sand mining are catastrophic, and only getting worse!

this is one of the most environmentally destructive practices on earth. right up there with mountain top removal.

good source of revenue though and that makes it all ok :facepalm:

The environmental concerns over the tar sands are, if anything, understated.

Canada is actually the biggest exporter of oil to the US, and has been since around 2001. However in terms of global exports, canada ranks somewhere about 9th (tied with Mexico i believe). We are also quite the whipping boy for the US, and have been for a long ass time.

Turning ourselves into petro-dollar whores will result in no good whatsoever, as has been demonstrated quite clearly by the Middle East.

you love the money it makes for your country therefor you don't have a problem with tar sands?

the issue is overblown by the environmentalists? have you ever read any articles opposing this

rape of the land? the toxic effects of oil sand mining are catastrophic, and only getting worse!

this is one of the most environmentally destructive practices on earth. right up there with mountain top removal.

good source of revenue though and that makes it all ok :facepalm:

a lot of the information about the tar sands is just propaganda from greenpeace or other pro-green environmental groups. not to say there aren't any negative environmental effects, which there are, but with a lot of people they think the tar sands are the worst thing in the world and they don't fully understand the economical impact and benefits. i actually support the tar sands and the energy industry because i don't want canada to become a third world country, which is entirely possible. a lot of people don't actually understand how the world works (not trying to generalize sorry) and think everything would be great if we all just decided to live like the na'vi people in avatar. people actually believe this

Guest Enter a new display name

Fuck Toronto Jungle

What do you sincerely think of Montreal in Canada, Philip? You are more hardcore than me, I want to know your opinion on a national scale.

Montreal? It's a nice place, but it's not "the" place to live. It is still probably the best place to live in Canada in terms of the quality of life (cheap rent, beautiful women, lots of cultural activities). There is a lot to fix, but so does every city in the world. There is a lot of great cities around the world, Vancouver classify as one too. Toronto is meh.

Anyway Canada is an American state. Everybody who disagrees is blinded by false Canadian sense of pride. There is no difference between "Canadian culture" and the US than there is between mainstream US culture and the difference you can have with it in Texas or Washington state or Vermont or Florida or any specific state. 90% of people living in Canada live 1 hour from the US border, remember that.

We would be better as the 51th state than the current status-quo. Separatism movement in Quebec will never happen before it happens in other places in Canada. Anyway we will get assimilated way before probably.

Evidently with age, you start understanding that everything is more relative than objective in terms of what is the best, what everybody thinks of something, what value is better to be judged by others than yourself, etc...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/spector-vision/duceppe-and-the-quebec-resistance-movement/article1507230/

In a speech to 300 party members in Québec City yesterday, Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe said:

"We’re on the right side, the rising side, of history. For the moment, we are resistants. But yesterday’s resistants are tomorrow’s winners….Quebec has no future in Canada…the only worthy future for Québec is full and complete political liberty. And that’s called sovereignty. "

According to Bloc MPs interviewed by Le Journal de Montréal’s Taieb Moalla , this marks the first time that the Bloc has used the term “résistant” to describe itself, and it signifies that the Party is “raising its tone” in regard to Ottawa.

At a press conference following his speech, according to a report by CP’s Martin Ouellet, Duceppe defended himself when questioned by reporters about drawing a parallel between the sovereignty movement and the French resistance against the Nazis.

He said that he drew his inspiration from a text authored by the late intellectual and union activist Pierre Vadeboncoeur.

Nevertheless, he reaffirmed that sovereignty would only be possible with the work of the resistance, as was the case for the liberation of France in 1944.

“Québec sovereignty, no more than the Libération, is not possible, would not have been possible, without the work of the resistants.”

Duceppe actually compared life in Quebec similar to life in France under Nazi occupation, which is just insane. This is a pretty extreme viewpoint to take.

What I think is going to happen to Canada is that there will be another election either at the end of this year or next year sometime. There will be another 'issue' everyone is divided about, but there will be no change federally with another Conservative minority winning the election. Then all of a sudden there will be another NDP-Liberal-Bloc Coalition that will try to overturn the results of the election in order to get power. And because of the recent prorogation motion passed by Jack Layton of the NDP so that Stephen Harper can't prorogue the House of Commons anymore, the coalition ends up taking over and winning. After the riots and outrage and possibly civil war, Alberta and the West decide to secede from Canada, resulting with every other province also becoming their own republic. The end.

Archived