IGNORED

Hello

Guest fingers

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But seriously, something in that "female-gendered producers of musics electroniques or whatever" thread really pushed her over the edge. I always thought she was good people, but I'm still a noob, so whatdoiknow.

Sad thing is, that thread was a great resource for people, and pretty civil and well mannered until she showed up and basically ruined it and caused it to be locked. She's like her own worst enemy I suppose. I usually don't put any opinion down on any discussions regarding her, b/c i've always found the best way to deal with people like that is ignore them. But i'll just put down a few more cents and say that everything she was spurting at the mouth about in that thread, not only was contradictory, but in fact the exact same kind of attitude she was "protesting" against. Saying that girls in electronic music are treated unfairly is a valid argument from both sides. But in reality if you want to make a difference you just exist as you are and do what you do, as I and many other female musicians do. Lobbying, protesting, and making a big stink about it is only going to result in bad reactions, and re-enforcing the fact that women should be treated differently b/c they don't know how to put their opinion down without coming across as total stuck up self absorbed snobs.

But seriously, something in that "female-gendered producers of musics electroniques or whatever" thread really pushed her over the edge. I always thought she was good people, but I'm still a noob, so whatdoiknow.

Sad thing is, that thread was a great resource for people, and pretty civil and well mannered until she showed up and basically ruined it and caused it to be locked. She's like her own worst enemy I suppose. I usually don't put any opinion down on any discussions regarding her, b/c i've always found the best way to deal with people like that is ignore them. But i'll just put down a few more cents and say that everything she was spurting at the mouth about in that thread, not only was contradictory, but in fact the exact same kind of attitude she was "protesting" against. Saying that girls in electronic music are treated unfairly is a valid argument from both sides. But in reality if you want to make a difference you just exist as you are and do what you do, as I and many other female musicians do. Lobbying, protesting, and making a big stink about it is only going to result in bad reactions, and re-enforcing the fact that women should be treated differently b/c they don't know how to put their opinion down without coming across as total stuck up self absorbed snobs.

Yar, good points; I agree with you. I think I'd lost track of that thread once the drama started to escalate, so I missed the end result. That seriously sucks.

Also: hi fingers

Guest uptowndevil

i was always curious to hear your take on that. she most certainly ruined a good thread there. she basically fought against anything that didn't resemble her own music. 'why do people only like girl singers with erratic voices...' blah blah blah

Yeah I could go on. But basically look at it like this. Secondary Cell got quite a bit of flak thrown at his label and artists in that thread (and others on watmm). And regardless of whether or not you like what HE does and how he does it, you have to at least appreciate the fact that he has a cool head and doesn't lash back at people and will discuss peoples issues about his label openly and in a well mannered way. He also doesn't, that I have seen, go too far out of his way to "defend" his label and just kinda keeps going with the discussion. He is well aware that people will like it or hate it and that's just a fact of life, and especially music.

Perhaps if miss boom had followed this procedure the thread wouldn't have been lost. And while I am sad it's gone, I'm not a mod and I can't comment on their actions because I don't know what it's like for them and I assume that they made the call for justified reasons. Basically the thread as dive bombing and I guess there was no way to recover. "This is why we can't have nice things" etc. =D

fingers

I bet the girls love you, fingers.

because they certainly don't love dick... what an asshole.

:cerious:

:cisfor:

Archived