IGNORED

Murcof

Capsaicin

Guest Coalbucket PI

He fills a certain gap between ambient and glitch, nothing else is really similar. I only have Utopia and Remembranza, I often think about getting another album but I suspect I could just keep playing Remembranza over and over when I feel in the mood for Murcof.

that makes sense. should give it a go now when the weather gets warmer. it's a beautiful album for sure. can't wait how oceano will be like.

Don't know if you've heard these samples before, but apparently he's going back to the more Rememranza/Utopia sounding album

[vimeo]5538415[/vimeo]

[vimeo]5573525[/vimeo]

that makes sense. should give it a go now when the weather gets warmer. it's a beautiful album for sure. can't wait how oceano will be like.

Don't know if you've heard these samples before, but apparently he's going back to the more Rememranza/Utopia sounding album

[vimeo]5538415[/vimeo]

[vimeo]5573525[/vimeo]

the first clip was very intense!! have to get the live dvd

that is from his to-be-released album right?

[vimeo]5538415[/vimeo]

[vimeo]5573525[/vimeo]

the first clip was very intense!! have to get the live dvd

that is from his to-be-released album right?

Yep! Back in 2008 he announced that the album would be released in 2009... eh...?

On Martes I loved Mao most

Who?

Track 5 of http://www.discogs.com/Murcof-Martes/release/196894

I never knew there were two versions of Martes :emotawesomepm9:

There's a lot truth in it, I was thinking about this yesterday. If you leave out Versailles, his repertoire is not as wide as, say, Ae... Martes was a bit more glichy, but basically there's not much progress from Utopia to Cosmos. "Consistent" is a more positive term. But it's all good :rolleyes: If you're in the mood, he's just perfect.

oOOOo, no, haven't even heard of that DVD.

I don't think he needs to change his style either, but I think you can tell differences between his albums, not only style-wise. There's some development - although I usually prefer most his other releases over Cosmos, the tracks on there that are similar to his earlier ones (Cielo,Cometa), the micro programming whatchamacallit, sounds a bit more polished in comparison. For me that's neither good nor bad, just pointing it out. :wink:

• 1 month later...

I start loving "Cosmos I". It'll win the Cosmos crown probably! I think it works very well for classical music lovers like me. I think this is the electronic conception of a (micro) symphony.

Cosmos is a great album. Dark mood.

Urano as another beatless track still holds the Murcof crown though.

Cielo, Cometa and Oort are my favorites from Cosmos. Cuerpo Celeste starts out great but it all goes downhill when the vocals and organ are introduced. I've made an edit without those elements and it's a LOT better than the original.

• 5 months later...

Archived