IGNORED

Does your significant other listen to the music you write?

Guest Spittal

Guest HoneMyOscillations

I could never see a guy who didn't listen or at least appreciate what I listen to. It forever surprises me how guys can therefore see girls who know quite literally nothing. How can you get a conversation flowing over something you are so passionate about?!

Guest Spittal

One girl asked me to explain what I see when I listen to Surripere...

I was all like... "Phhoo... I don't know if that's possible, but thanks for your concern!"

I could never see a guy who didn't listen or at least appreciate what I listen to. It forever surprises me how guys can therefore see girls who know quite literally nothing. How can you get a conversation flowing over something you are so passionate about?!

The ratio of men to women who like IDM and the like doesn't leave much of a choice.

There are other types of music my wife and I agree on, but it'd be unfair for me to expect her to enjoy Autechre or something.

I do my 8 hours per diem at my day job and when I come home I want to further my art and expand my horizons/knowledge. I don't need people to absolutely agree with my personal tastes, but I think I'd go nuts pretty quickly with someone who wasn't even interested in attempting intelligent conversation

I met my significant other *because* of my music. If it weren't for that, my life could have been totally different right now.

It's pretty mind blowing when you think back to the moments (big and small) that changed your course and got you where you are now. Huge, significant things that came about because of one small chance.

We don't always agree on music - I often get the "WTF is THIS" question while listening to some of the more abstract stuff - but hey, it keeps things interesting.

Guest Lube Saibot

Me and my girl are a "highschool sweethearts" kind of thing. We've grown up together, I've taught her good music, and she's taught me goodness period.

Me and my girl are a "highschool sweethearts" kind of thing. We've grown up together, I've taught her good music, and she's taught me goodness period.

AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Guest blicero

mine's not really into electronic music, or specifically, instrumental music. if she can't sing loudly along in her car, she's not really going to listen to it... with few exceptions: she loves the first prefuse73 album.

We don't talk about it too much unless she's listening to me blabber on about this or that, but my wife likes my stuff. She usually keeps one of my discs in her car I think (usually alongside a strange combo of things like Lady Gaga, 90s Hip Hop, modern r&b and old school Detroit Techno).

Same. My wife listens to primarily the classics like Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, and likes the new stuff like Audioslave and Kings of Leon. Very mainstream--she consumes her music by what's offered to her on the Clear Channel plate. I don't judge her for that; I might have 15 years ago. That's not to say she isn't receptive to the electronic-ish music I've "packaged" for her e.g. I have turned her on to the entire "Talkie Walkie" album by Air, some Nine Inch Nails, "Lovely" and other Luke Vibert tracks, a smidge of Aphex but not much, and we regularly put in "Music for Airports" or "Apollo" at bedtime. For car trip time, we come to agreements on Foobar and I cut up some CD-Rs that we can both enjoy but I know Confield or Oval is never gonna make the cut nor will my schranz locked grooves fixations. At 15, I was "this is the best music evar! Can't people understand?! Why isn't EVERYONE listening?" At 31, I quite prefer the cottage industry feel of the boys club pulling out the machines that will only satisfy them and the 20 other nerds in the room whooping at every stutter edit or filter sweep.

As far as writing, she always says: "you sound just like Aphex Twin or [insert IDM star here] how come you aren't making money off of this? You mean you upload tracks on the internet? For free? What if someone steals them?" and then I realize that it's a world that she's not designed for and that's fine--I don't know shit about inserting tampons and don't want to so :trashbear:

"Synth club": First rule of synth club, use only high frequency filters :D:P

I fucking applaud... I really did smile whilst reading that :D

Guest Lube Saibot

AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUL

HOW dare you.

lol Sorry, I should know there are no sentimental or cute posts allowed on an IDM board.

I wasn't trying to be sentimental or cute, it's just the truth really. Fuck off haters.

my wife doesn't like most of my asymmetrical head work, but she loves the stuff i do as quiliuq. quiliuq is on the minimal techno house vibe.

Archived