IGNORED

Type O Negative frontman, Peter Steele, DEAD

essines

Shitty.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36581414/ns/entertainment-music/

Peter Steele, the driving force behind the Brooklyn-based goth/metal quartet Type O Negative, died Wednesday of apparent heart failure. He was 48.

Known for his vampiric good looks, morbid sense of humor and rich baritone, the singer/bassist was the author of such metal classics as "Christian Woman;" "Black No. 1;" "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend;" and the recent "September Sun."

Wasn't a huge fan but they had some loltastic good tunes! Very sad to hear this. also lol at "vampiric good looks".

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

wasnt a huge fan, some of their songs were indeed loltastic good, but that sucks, heart failure at 48 eh

rest in peace

lol at "vampiric good looks".

lol

i still dont see the shock value you are speaking of either. if anything, they were more full of humor than anything else. everything was a joke and super sarcastic. the themes of their music were dark but they had a nice interplay with being so goofy and funny.

shock value to me is slipknot or icp or anything that carries a gimmick other than the music.

Guest Z_B_Z

shock value to me is slipknot or icp or anything that carries a gimmick other than the music.

i dont think theres anything wrong with doing something just to shock people. sometimes its backed up with good music and sometimes not.

i dont think theres anything wrong with doing something just to shock people. sometimes its backed up with good music and sometimes not.

oh yea, totally agree. im just saying that i think there needs to be something other than 4 goofballs dressed in black to have shock value. good or bad.

i do see xxx's point thought that 1993 was different than today. i mean nwa fuck the police had shock value with lyrics only back in the day, but to be honest that many rough black guys from compton would scare the s out of me on a city block today.

Archived