IGNORED

just saw a nice car accident / dental advice thread

chaosmachine

More of a random malfunction, really.

Was on the other side of the street when I heard a big thud. Suddenly sparks were flying out from under this car:

sBNU3.jpg

LMtdl.jpg

Guess the axle snapped. Luckily he wasn't on the highway, probably would have killed a few people.

How is it nice exactly?

It's a sarcastic use of the word nice. Like when someone drops something, and you say "nice one!" or you get injured and say "got a nice bruise on my arm", etc.

Guest 277: 930-933

Sorry, I've got a headache, toothache and there's this thumping in my ears which won't go away.

And my sarcasm broke.

It kind of looks like that car made the cracks in the asphalt in the first picture, it obviously didn't but still.

Sorry, I've got a headache, toothache and there's this thumping in my ears which won't go away.

I had the same thing a couple weeks ago. It lasted for days and got so bad it started waking me up out of my sleep. Thought I would have to go to the dentist, but I found a solution:

Mix up a couple table spoons of salt in a glass of water, and swish it around in your mouth for a few minutes, gargle it, etc.

The effect wasn't instant, but about an hour later, the pain was significantly diminished, and I was able to get back to sleep. I did this twice a day for 3 days, and the problem went away, no dentist required.

keynuvoh.jpg

I finally noticed the other guy's head.. lol!

Guest 277: 930-933

I had the same thing a couple weeks ago. It lasted for days and got so bad it started waking me up out of my sleep. Thought I would have to go to the dentist, but I found a solution:

Mix up a couple table spoons of salt in a glass of water, and swish it around in your mouth for a few minutes, gargle it, etc.

The effect wasn't instant, but about an hour later, the pain was significantly diminished, and I was able to get back to sleep. I did this twice a day for 3 days, and the problem went away, no dentist required.

Just read a bit about gum infections as a result of growing wisdom teeth and the salt water sounds like a pretty good idea!

Guest ezkerraldean

a mate of mine was doing doughnuts in a carpark once when the front axle snapped. big crunch and sparks, and tonnes of ball bearings spilled all over the place. he was a massive wannabe boy racer, was funny to watch him timidly ring up his dad to get him to pick him up

keynuvoh.jpg

I finally noticed the other guy's head.. lol!

Unless it was your wisdom teeth coming in, I would still go to the dentist and make sure there isn't an infection below the gumline or inside the bone of the jaw. Those kind of infections can have serious non-dental consequences. (Mrs. Joyrex worked for a dentist for 13 years)

I can't really afford to go to a dentist, I'm sure I'd leave with a $3000 bill. "Universal Healthcare" doesn't cover teeth for some reason. Also, I don't want to break my 27-year-never-been-to-a-dentist streak.

You may want to consider your attitude toward flossing now.

understatement

Unless it was your wisdom teeth coming in, I would still go to the dentist and make sure there isn't an infection below the gumline or inside the bone of the jaw. Those kind of infections can have serious non-dental consequences.x worked for a dentist for 13 years)

Yeah, like a brain infection. no fun.

You may want to consider your attitude toward flossing now.

Nah, science has shown it's ineffective

source?

"A routine instruction to use floss is not supported by scientific evidence" - International Journal of Dental Hygiene (November 2008, Vol. 6:4, pp. 265-279)

"Most studies did not show a benefit for floss on plaque and clinical parameters of gingivitis. Sub-group meta-analyses were performed for the plaque index and gingival index; neither showed a significant treatment effect." - http://www.library.nhs.uk/oralhealth/ViewResource.aspx?resID=313370

"Ineffective flossing stirs plaque around and might therefore be harmful" ... "When professional flossing was performed on a three-monthly basis, there was no evidence of a benefit, suggesting that infrequent flossing may be ineffective when it comes to caries control. When flossing was self-performed by young adolescents, even under supervision on school days, there was also no evidence of benefit, which may be due to the presence of fluorides, poor flossing techniques, or other reasons. No evidence on the effectiveness of floss in adults or under real-world clinical conditions could be identified. In particular, there was no evidence that flossing is effective in the presence of topical fluorides." - http://jdr.sagepub.com/cgi/content/full/85/4/298?ck=nck

2eqaw3r.jpg

Archived