IGNORED

next Iphone 4 leak real!

o00o

You guarantee that making the phone do more things at once will use more power? Brilliant.

The brighter screen will use more battery too. I guarantee iPhone 5 has a bigger battery than this one and it will do more things

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see multitasking being good for loading websites while you're doing other stuff, but not too sure otherwise

doing stuff while listening to Spotify/Youtube. Reading a book while listening to music. Listening to music while playing certain games.

Ah yes, I didn't think about listening to streaming radio, but I can see that. Good point.

You can already listen to music while you read a book or play games though...

I can see multitasking being good for loading websites while you're doing other stuff, but not too sure otherwise

doing stuff while listening to Spotify/Youtube. Reading a book while listening to music. Listening to music while playing certain games.

Ah yes, I didn't think about listening to streaming radio, but I can see that. Good point.

You can already listen to music while you read a book or play games though...

That was one of my complaints until I discovered jailbreaking. Mostly just having pandora continuously streaming while I use other apps i.e. gps

yeah I used to jailbreak my phone, but I didn't really get much utility out of it, and by using folders, I fucked with the file system...lol

I don't stream music really, so that's why I didn't think of that. It's a fair point though, as many people do stream music or YouTube.

When I was thinking multi-tasking I was thinking more along the lines of having several doc files open at the same time, with a browser and iTunes in the background...having several doc files open on the iPhone screen would not be fun....heh heh.

• 2 weeks later...

not yet but I will buy it soon. I am looking forward to the new os4 but I am going wait until there is a good jailbreak by the dev team

i have not preordered. still trying to decide on getting it. my plan is to give my wife my 3gs and me get the 4 but then im into att for another 2 years. im not dying for a new phone as much as she is (hers is a pos lg) i dont want to be locked into att when verizon gets the iphone but then again i think there is a good chance that verizons first iphone could be a total mess.

looking forward to ios4 as it will make my phone feel pretty new. i know its released today but when?

its available! i just hit download and update now! yay!

the sole feature of folders is enough to make me giddy in anticipation. my mass of pages of apps was getting annoying/chaotic

whats the deal with that background image? behind the icons is customizable now? can you name the folders?

im just glad i can tuck away the apps they wont let you delete in one place at least

sweet, i'm selling my 3gs and upgrading to iphone 4 so probly just wait for the new phone this week instead of upgrading OS. i was barely a year into my contract and they still gave me the discount, and 32gb 3gs going for $350 on ebay i'll actually come out ahead maybe.

yeah, any background image you want.

yeah, you can name the folders, although it is rather smart in auto-naming based on the content, seeing as apps are categorized in the app store.

sweet, i'm selling my 3gs and upgrading to iphone 4 so probly just wait for the new phone this week instead of upgrading OS. i was barely a year into my contract and they still gave me the discount, and 32gb 3gs going for $350 on ebay i'll actually come out ahead maybe.

someone would buy a 1 year old 32gb 3gs for $350 instead of a new 32gb iphone4 for $299?

yeah, any background image you want.

yeah, you can name the folders, although it is rather smart in auto-naming based on the content, seeing as apps are categorized in the app store.

nice

currently running ios4 without jailbreak cause I couldn't wait :emotawesomepm9:

beta jailbreak is released

very awesome so far really fast. backgrounding does not work on all apps yet as developers have to update their apps but first apps working are already dropping in

one thing i don't understand is the multitasking. i mean, i get it for stuff like pandora, but for other apps, now it just means i have pages and pages of every app i have been into at the bottom? so when if i leave my photos app, when i go back in, its on the last photo i was on unless i double hit home and hold down the photo icon and then delete it from the tray? wtf is the point of that?

Guest blicero

one thing i don't understand is the multitasking. i mean, i get it for stuff like pandora, but for other apps, now it just means i have pages and pages of every app i have been into at the bottom? so when if i leave my photos app, when i go back in, its on the last photo i was on unless i double hit home and hold down the photo icon and then delete it from the tray? wtf is the point of that?

BUT... BUT!!! IT HAS MULTITASKING!!!!1 IT NEEDED IT!!!

i have no idea why people weer so hard for multitasking, i never needed it. maybe on the iPad, but i don't need to multitask on my phone... except maybe to listen to music, which already had multitasking, so...

fucking AT&T still hasn't shipped my iPhone, and it's supposed to be here Thurs. i ordered last Tues. morning during the online clusterfuck so where is ma shit? grrr. been monitoring the macrumors forums and there's a lot of this happening.

Guest the anonymous forumite

I'm actually more thrilled of being able to check all my mailboxes at once.

Archived