IGNORED

next Iphone 4 leak real!

o00o

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

it is actually a very lush app, the pictures of the day look amazing, the gps makes it even better.

nice one rambo! any more recommendations?

Not really to be honest though there are a few good augmented reality ones. The main one is Layar but i haven't used it. Google goggles should be amazing but they haven't released an iphone version yet - they are supposed to be soonish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhgfz0zPmH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgcE_EQRpdA

Google goggles should be amazing but they haven't released an iphone version yet - they are supposed to be soonish.

Holy shit ! I've just downloaded that for my phone now and tried it, we have somehow reached the future :blink:

I tried it with a tatty copy of American Psycho, a rather faded looking Chinatown I got from a friend and the latest Deepchord presents echospace album and it picked up every one first time !!

Google goggles should be amazing but they haven't released an iphone version yet - they are supposed to be soonish.

Try this:

We have some exciting news for you.

Our iPhone-App kooaba search is now available in the appstore.

You can download it here. http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...289968692&mt=8

Using kooaba’s image recognition application, customers can simply ‘scan’ posters of current movie

releases. As a result, users receive relevant information about the movie on their iPhone. This includes trailers,

reviews, information about actors, or links to merchandising material.

Recognition of CD covers, DVD covers and games will be added to the service in a few months. kooaba’s search

service currently focuses on the German speaking market, but will be expanded to other countries in the near future.

There is also a demo video on youtube YouTube - kooaba search on iPhone preview

and further informations on our website kooaba: Mobile visual search and mobile marketing with image recognition

Have fun with our iPhone-App.

Guest Rambo

Holy shit ! I've just downloaded that for my phone now and tried it, we have somehow reached the future :blink:

I tried it with a tatty copy of American Psycho, a rather faded looking Chinatown I got from a friend and the latest Deepchord presents echospace album and it picked up every one first time !!

brilliant isn't it? Give it a few years and this tech will be on glasses no doubt.

Guest pulsewarrior

strangely i have not even been billed for mine yet....they auth'd it and then it fell off. it's been 1.5 weeks now, no charge. i would be blessed if at&t fucked up the billing and i get this for free : )

that's the pattern, the charge will reappear right before shipping. also, if u upgraded they will charge u upfront for it, before the phone even ships. hell, i got charged before it was even released!

Oh no, I've had the phone for almost a week now. The charge came minutes after I placed the order on the phone, then dropped off two days later. It hasn't re-appeared.

:O

Guest Gary C

Downloaded it earlier for my Android phone and it's great. Works 95% of the time I've say.

Might be useful abroad, when scanning foreign signs and text.

so we all get free cases huh? no software fix, no recall, no redesign? Jobs seems increasingly infuriated that the public would actually question his judgement, like he's the god of us all. this was the closest you'll ever see to an apology from this guy:

iphone1.jpg

and check out their crazy secret testing room, shit looks like something out of Portal.

iphone3.jpg

so we all get free cases huh? no software fix, no recall, no redesign? Jobs seems increasingly infuriated that the public would actually question his judgement, like he's the god of us all. this was the closest you'll ever see to an apology from this guy:

have you been listening to the same conference?

no software fix?

first update has already been released (calculation of bars) and another one will follow (proximity sensor)

no recall?

you can have your money back if you don't like it (also accounts for the at&t contract).

no redesign?

according to steve "god" jobs there's not enough data to prove it's such a hardware problem that it needs a redesign (ie. lots of other phones showing the same issues). ...yet...although there are already rumours theyre looking for a -non cosmetic - hardware fix.

I just don't see how they didn't notice this in their testing... I imagine that there was a fairly large number people involved in making and testing this... And no one notice this flaw?

I just don't see how they didn't notice this in their testing... I imagine that there was a fairly large number people involved in making and testing this... And no one notice this flaw?

i read it is was pretty much a fault of their super secrecy. since they wanted to hide the look of the phone so bad, all of the outside testing in the field was done while the phone was in a case, alleviating a lot of the hand interference issues.

have you been listening to the same conference?

no software fix?

first update has already been released (calculation of bars) and another one will follow (proximity sensor)

no recall?

you can have your money back if you don't like it (also accounts for the at&t contract).

no redesign?

according to steve "god" jobs there's not enough data to prove it's such a hardware problem that it needs a redesign (ie. lots of other phones showing the same issues). ...yet...although there are already rumours theyre looking for a -non cosmetic - hardware fix.

a patch to tell me guess what? you're REALLY not getting a signal, oh and now we can blame it on AT&Ts network.

wasn't expecting a recall, but if they need to insulate the antenna from the internal electronics you can bet there will be a lot of users trying to get their phone switched out via warranty at the end of Sept. or whenever they actually come to a consensus on the problem. i bet Applecare sales will also go through the roof if no quick fix is found.

Guest pulsewarrior

iphone1.jpg

and check out their crazy secret testing room, shit looks like something out of Portal.

iphone3.jpg

it's not a bad offering. as long as you don't hold it like a retard, and actually use a simple (now free) protective cover (why anyone would not use one is a bit beyond me), no worries. why spend over a billion dollars to recall a product that .5% of all users are reporting problems over? it's not warranted.

i'm not particularly partial to apple but i think this has been blown way out of proportion and makes a number of iphone users look like whiny little bitches. put a free skin on it or return it and shut the fuck up.

iphone1.jpg

iphone3.jpg

it's not a bad offering. as long as you don't hold it like a retard, and actually use a simple (now free) protective cover (why anyone would not use one is a bit beyond me), no worries. why spend over a billion dollars to recall a product that .5% of all users are reporting problems over? it's not warranted.

i'm not particularly partial to apple but i think this has been blown way out of proportion and makes a number of iphone users look like whiny little bitches. put a free skin on it or return it and shut the fuck up.

/thread

Guest pulsewarrior

just watched the press conference. interesting data there. .55% of users reporting ANY antenna/reception issues via applecare, 1.7% return rate so far (33% of the 3GS in same release period) and <1 more dropped call per 100 than 3GS in same period per ATT data. nevermind the fact that these grip/reception issues are easily reproducible on nearly all other smartphones.

the whole thing is a load of shit.

i will say that the youtube vid preceding the press conference is extraordinarily douchey

just watched the press conference. interesting data there. .55% of users reporting ANY antenna/reception issues via applecare, 1.7% return rate so far (33% of the 3GS in same release period) and <1 more dropped call per 100 than 3GS in same period per ATT data. nevermind the fact that these grip/reception issues are easily reproducible on nearly all other smartphones.

the whole thing is a load of shit.

i will say that the youtube vid preceding the press conference is extraordinarily douchey

wow, you really watched the press conference, didn't you

Archived