IGNORED

Selling Xbox Live membership on ebabe

Guest Rambo

Guest Rambo

I'm selling 48 hour gold memberships on ebay and have had no trouble so far but some guy with predictably low feedback has messaged me back claiming that the code is invalid. I think this is a fairly common area for scammers on ebay and desperate teenagers trying to get freebies and i'm pretty sure all my codes are fine. So what do i do? I don't go on xbox live so i'm wondering is there any way i can ask for proof of this code being invalid? Can i flush out this sucker?

Guest futuregirlfriend

i don't know anything about xbox but they have to enter these codes via the console yeah? ask for a photo of his face next to the tv while the error message is on the screen, then we can photoshop his face.

Guest abusivegeorge

i don't know anything about xbox but they have to enter these codes via the console yeah? ask for a photo of his face next to the tv while the error message is on the screen, then we can photoshop his face.

lmao 5*

Brilliant.

Then tell him if he doesn't leave you 100% sellers feedback that you'll photoshop him something nasty. Say you know big internet peoples, hint at a famous baseball player but don't give any names away.

Then when the feedback is left. Do it anyway.

I'm selling 48 hour gold memberships on ebay and have had no trouble so far but some guy with predictably low feedback has messaged me back claiming that the code is invalid. I think this is a fairly common area for scammers on ebay and desperate teenagers trying to get freebies and i'm pretty sure all my codes are fine. So what do i do? I don't go on xbox live so i'm wondering is there any way i can ask for proof of this code being invalid? Can i flush out this sucker?

Change your seller's policy to state that unless MS technical support can CONFIRM (via a CC: to you on an email) that the code is indeed invalid, that no refunds are allowed.

derp derp derp

Guest Rambo

Good call JR, i'll do that but i'll pretend someone else gave me that advice. I'll pretend my mum gave me it.

Good call JR, i'll do that but i'll pretend someone else gave me that advice. I'll pretend my mum gave me it.

Be sure to confirm with MS that they can verify if a code is valid of course, first :cisfor:

Guest Rambo

i'm sure i can crowbar it into one of my replies. Surely it's relevant. If not, i will make it relevant.

PSSSH. He could put in a random code and get that.

Guest Glass Plate

PSSSH. He could put in a random code and get that.

yeah, he'd better do a full length youtube. possibly read this forums rules while he's at it to make sure it's not automated CGI.

Guest Rambo

Just had a weird one tonight. Sold to someone, low feedback again, he messages me claiming it isnt valid and goes straight on the offensive. Anyway, after a bit of back and forth for about half an hour (me giving him some advice etc) i tell him i'll give him a refund because it's 99p and i'm thinking he'll probably just claim the next code i give him doesnt work too. Plus i'm losing the will to live at this point. As soon as i tell him i'm giving him a refund he totally changes character and then claims he typed the code wrong, says he'll give me good feedback and all the rest. It was like he was really scared of being given a refund.

So anyone know what this is all about? A hacked paypal account or something? Does getting a refund fuck something up in some way for someone using a hacked paypal account? That's all i can think of.

edit. missed out the part where he was threatening to report me to ebay during the back and forth

Just had a weird one tonight. Sold to someone, low feedback again, he messages me claiming it isnt valid and goes straight on the offensive. Anyway, after a bit of back and forth for about half an hour (me giving him some advice etc) i tell him i'll give him a refund because it's 99p and i'm thinking he'll probably just claim the next code i give him doesnt work too. Plus i'm losing the will to live at this point. As soon as i tell him i'm giving him a refund he totally changes character and then claims he typed the code wrong, says he'll give me good feedback and all the rest. It was like he was really scared of being given a refund.

So anyone know what this is all about? A hacked paypal account or something? Does getting a refund fuck something up in some way for someone using a hacked paypal account? That's all i can think of.

edit. missed out the part where he was threatening to report me to ebay during the back and forth

sounds to me like he took a long hard look at that ballbaggins.jpeg and saw the error of his ways.

Archived