IGNORED

Spanners

chassis

Guest sirch

he means 'shit, i didn't realise there was already a thread on this', followed by one of these: :facepalm:

Guest sirch

lol, Plaid are 2 out of the 3 people who made that album! and plenty of people look at the Plaid forum.

more than the Cylob or Mike Paradinas one. maybe even more than Vibert, too. not sure on that one tho.

TBD is very different now, even though it's the same name.

you can't lump Spanners (or Bytes) in with the current 'the black dog', imho.

it's a different line up. different people. different approach. different music.

anything to do with Spanners really belongs in the Plaid forum, if it belongs anywhere at all.

but make a TBD forum ('96 - present), fo' sure :)

lol, Plaid are 2 out of the 3 people who made that album! and plenty of people look at the Plaid forum.

more than the Cylob or Mike Paradinas one. maybe even more than Vibert, too. not sure on that one tho.

TBD is very different now, even though it's the same name.

you can't lump Spanners (or Bytes) in with the current 'the black dog', imho.

it's a different line up. different people. different approach. different music.

anything to do with Spanners really belongs in the Plaid forum, if it belongs anywhere at all.

but make a TBD forum ('96 - present), fo' sure :)

To be honest I don't think you can lump Plaid and The Black Dog together at all. I mean, I'm not Plaid expert but I do know my Black Dog and I don't see much similarities between them.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me and say "Hey, Plaid and THD, they aint so different". But at the moment I'm a black dog man. If anything, shouldn't it be a The Black Dog forum and we talk about Plaid there.

At any rate, I didn't look in Plaid 'cause it never occured to me. All the did was Spanner is an incredible album that I am really enjoying at the moment. In fact, I'm really enjoy The Black Dog at the moment.

all this talk about the old black dog, the older orb, the old fsol - those three - has made me believe that soon we will see the return of the good old chill out rooms at 'techno' parties. which might be a good idea if it'd convince b12 to return to their older state of mind of non-dancefloor future techno.

true story:

my now wife is the one that introduced me to spanners... back in the day when we were dating, she had the cd and brought it over to my studio apt and played it for me... and of course, sweet love makin' was involved.

that track with a good set of headphones blows your mind away! rips it apart. it's a work of art

IF you haven't already definitely check the Peel Session version of this too, slightly tweaked but no less awesome.

Spanners is such a great album.

Guest Apeofnaples

Thanks for recommending the PEEL Sessions, checking it out now. I love The Black Dog, got Bytes back in the day and have stuck with them (him? the name???) since ~ Plaid never did it for me. BUT this is GREAT!!

spanners is probably my favorite electronic music album of the past 20 years.

i'd go with this.

and also i'd agree with chassis... spanners chat does not automatically belong in the plaid forum. same guys or not, it's plenty different and far superior to anything plaid have done.

Guest sirch

If anything, shouldn't it be a The Black Dog forum and we talk about Plaid there.

you're having a larf, right?

come off it lol

Spanners was made by 'Plaid' (Andy + Ed, not Andy on his own, like on Bytes?) + Ken Downie, who came up with and suggested the name "The Black Dog".

Ed & Andy, i guess, basically said yeah ok, that's cool.. whatever, sounds good, it's a nice idea, etc. etc. :)

Guest sirch

and also i'd agree with chassis... spanners chat does not automatically belong in the plaid forum.

yeah, .. you're right actually, that's true :)

same guys or not, it's plenty different and far superior to anything plaid have done.

:facepalm:

that doesn't make sense.

Guest sirch

I mean, I'm not Plaid expert but I do know my Black Dog and I don't see much similarities between them.

listen to the first track on Plaids' 'Not for Three's' album ('97) - "Abla Eedio". in fact, just listen to the whole album, like Mesh Gear Fox mentioned.

also check out the 'Undoneson' EP that came out just before NF3's.

just listen. really you should get it from those tracks. it's so obvious!!!!!! :)

Guest sirch

what are B12 up to these days? I thought they had broken up.

no i don't think they've broken up. but i could be wrong.

they just have proper day jobs and other shit to do. like BoC. :)

B12? was it '09 or '08 when they released the 7 X 2cd archive albums, plus some new albums/eps. kirk detroitio has been back in town, releasing as well.

about psil-cosyin: when i first heard the peel session version my balls exploded. finally a whole track with that heavenly bassline from the last minutes of the original. my god. i don't want to think about a world where they didn't release that session. and that's why i wouldn't mind if they'd do a klf and release hundreds of different version of the same 4 tracks.

IF you haven't already definitely check the Peel Session version of this too, slightly tweaked but no less awesome.

Spanners is such a great album.

This was a great call. So good. :music:

and also i'd agree with chassis... spanners chat does not automatically belong in the plaid forum.

yeah, .. you're right actually, that's true :)

same guys or not, it's plenty different and far superior to anything plaid have done.

:facepalm:

that doesn't make sense.

i just prefer the black dog releases over plaid's output and i hear differences... tbd feels more organic

Guest sirch

you reckon they've made enough money from 3 albums to support themselves and their families for like 4/5 whole years since the last one came out?

i doubt even aphex makes much money from sales these days. ppl just download everyting for free, then maybe 1 day get round to buying a few things.......

Archived